PDA

View Full Version : Pet WANTED! I'm looking to buy a monkey in south Tenerife

Julie.fish
03-11-2013, 17:58
Hi I'm looking to buy a monkey can anyone help where best place to go I live in the south

YOUNG GOLFER
03-11-2013, 18:04
Well this is a new one for me.

primrose
03-11-2013, 18:12
Well this is a new one for me.

Me too, last thing I expected to read,won't mention MM think she would be too much for anybody to handle.

melm
03-11-2013, 19:24
Me too, last thing I expected to read,won't mention MM think she would be too much for anybody to handle.

She is quite a handful isnt she:hide:

slodgedad
03-11-2013, 19:41
Seriously, are you allowed to own a monkey here?

AL JAY
03-11-2013, 19:45
Hi I'm looking to buy a monkey can anyone help where best place to go I live in the south

*Coughs* Are we talking about a real Monkey?

LUCKY
03-11-2013, 20:04
I never noticed the SE VENDE sign ,
The Monkey Zoo
Get up close and personal with the primates. You can buy dried food at the ticket booth but they much prefer fresh fruit so stock up on grapes, bananas and apples and make new friends in an instant. Don’t wear your best T shirt though; potty training is still ‘work in progress’. (0034 790 720; www.monkeypark.com)

Sundowner
03-11-2013, 22:42

Get a Tarzan DVD.............Monkey's are not pet's...........

marbro8
03-11-2013, 22:46
i think i would much rather sponsor one at the monkey park, they do a great job up there and would be thankful for the extra funds, or do the next best thing and volunteer your services for free, that way you would be part of a whole zoo full;)

thesloaneranger
03-11-2013, 23:43
monkeys aren't pets - the suggestions above regarding sponsoring or volunteering at monkey park is a fantastic one which gives you the best of both worlds x

Medanoman
04-11-2013, 01:15
I am afraid you will find it almost impossible to own a small monkey such as a titi here in Spain. The possession of primates is permitted but only under strict conditions laid out by the Agencia de Medio Ambiente in Santa Cruz and the SOIYPE ( http://www.soivre.org/ )

If you are a private individual and your aim is to have one as a pet you have a very difficult task ahead of you.

I have some Spanish friends that are professional breeders of TiTi's in Adeje... They supply zoos around the world and would never sell an animal without you having the various permits , and inspection certificates before hand. Something that a private individual would be very unlikely to acquire, but the rules vary in each autonomous region and type of primate. But the Agencia de Medio Ambiente in the "Doughnut" at la Laguna will probably tell you

Malteser Monkey
04-11-2013, 09:42
She is quite a handful isnt she:hide:

I was a little shocked at the title - surely you can't own a monkey ?

Mind you for the right price ...............:cheeky:

Medman
04-11-2013, 11:35
I was a little shocked at the title - surely you can't own a monkey ?

Mind you for the right price ...............:cheeky:

Forget it MM; I think the OP will want a house trained one ! ......... :lol:

Malteser Monkey
04-11-2013, 11:39
Forget it MM; I think the OP will want a house trained one ! ......... :lol:

:laugh::agree: