PDA

View Full Version : Why close an Important thread?

Tdm
08-11-2013, 00:42
To suddenly close a thread which has had nearly a million views without a proper explanation is way over the top and unacceptable.
If free speech and important issues are no longer to be allowed to be discussed then it will be the death of this Forum.
Just a personal opinion but I suspect others may have similar feelings.

slodgedad
08-11-2013, 00:52
I closed the thread, temporarily, as there was a lot of sorting to do (illegal posts)
I have a life so I'LL SORT IT TOMORROW.

Andy0210
08-11-2013, 00:54
Illegal posts? Surely they should be reported to the police and denounced accordingly?

9PLUS
08-11-2013, 00:59
illegal posts

WTF

Tdm
08-11-2013, 01:08
I closed the thread, temporarily, as there was a lot of sorting to do (illegal posts)
I have a life so I'LL SORT IT TOMORROW.

If it's just a temporary closure then that is O.K., as a Moderator myself on another Forum I can understand.
It is just that it is the one thread that I always watch as some important issues are involved and finally a light is appearing at the end of the Tunnel (hopefully).
It's like watching an absorbing (in parts) film on TV with a "twist" at the end, but it suddenly starts to rain heavilly and you loose the TV reception just when the winners and losers are being disclosed.
Oh for a sensible new Lettings Law - or is that asking too much?

seanocelt
08-11-2013, 04:08
give the mods a chance you all know its a part time unpaid vocation; im sure it is an issue they need to consider to keep the Forum on a sound legal footing.

TOTO 99
08-11-2013, 08:56
The only post that I would consider might actually be illegal is the one where garlicbread called a well known and respected professional, a charlatan!..:redcard:

LUCKY
08-11-2013, 10:04
I know nothing about illegal posts , i know some would say most of my posts are illegible :flatcap:

warbey
08-11-2013, 21:20
To suddenly close a thread which has had nearly a million views without a proper explanation is way over the top and unacceptable.
If free speech and important issues are no longer to be allowed to be discussed then it will be the death of this Forum.
Just a personal opinion but I suspect others may have similar feelings.

I for one, shall reserve My objections until I know which Thread is the subject of Your complaint..?

TOTO 99
08-11-2013, 21:27
I for one, shall reserve My objections until I know which Thread is the subject of Your complaint..?

All open again now mate. ( illegal lettings )..:tiphat: