PDA

View Full Version : Health Tendonitis : Can anyone recommend a physiotherapist in the south, or any treatments?

KirstyJay
10-11-2013, 01:08
I pulled something in my arm during the first week of Summer Camp, so back in July and it's now over 4 months later and it's still causing me pain. It was really bad for a while, so I couldn't type, write, lift or twist anything open etc, but I visited a physio and it has got better a little. The trouble is, it's my main arm, my left, which I always write with etc. Also, I have not been able to go swimming and that is really beginning to pee me off now, as my arthritis is beginning to hurt again (it's always better when I swim).

So, can anyone recommend anything I can do to help it heal quicker so I can get back in the pool, or a physio that can sort it out once and for all in the South?

Thanks in advance! :)

slodgedad
10-11-2013, 01:38
I pulled something in my arm during the first week of Summer Camp, so back in July and it's now over 4 months later and it's still causing me pain. It was really bad for a while, so I couldn't type, write, lift or twist anything open etc, but I visited a physio and it has got better a little. The trouble is, it's my main arm, my left, which I always write with etc. Also, I have not been able to go swimming and that is really beginning to pee me off now, as my arthritis is beginning to hurt again (it's always better when I swim).

So, can anyone recommend anything I can do to help it heal quicker so I can get back in the pool, or a physio that can sort it out once and for all in the South?

Thanks in advance! :)
When Carol had her stroke and was in need of immeditae physio, before the social kicked in, Tommy and Magdalene from Los Abrigos helped us.
They are Hungarian and both fully qualified. Far better than the social (don't tell anyone I said that). Tommy speaks perfect English and his mum, Magdalena not so much. 922 749077. Absolutely recommend.

YOUNG GOLFER
10-11-2013, 12:07
There is a health shop in the old town of adeje run by a Italian lady and hubby.
I purchased some cream that you rub on your arm and leave it for a hour it's a little like cement it sets .....twice a day for a week or two helped a lot. But saying that I did not play tennis for a good few weeks had to rest my arm
Hope that helps.

Malteser Monkey
10-11-2013, 13:17
I find tiger balm eases the pain but just use a little as it is very strong, you can get it there as that's where I first learned of it.

Also I would whole heartedly recommend a chiropractor - I started a program for my back and my shoulder 2 years ago and it is amazing the difference he has made.

I could barely get up from desk at work and I used to roll out of bed as my back was so stiff ....(no rude comments pls:cheeky:)

Now I can run up the stairs and do all sorts of moves I struggle with before. It will never go completely but at least I no longer act like a 90 year old !

I have an appointment every 2 months just to make sure everything is as it should be.

One thing I will say you gotta work with them and you must relax in order for them to do their thing. It never hurts in fact it's quite refreshing !

Amazing best thing I ever did.

KirstyJay
10-11-2013, 16:59
There is a health shop in the old town of adeje run by a Italian lady and hubby.
I purchased some cream that you rub on your arm and leave it for a hour it's a little like cement it sets .....twice a day for a week or two helped a lot. But saying that I did not play tennis for a good few weeks had to rest my arm
Hope that helps.

I've not swam for 4 months. Trying to rest it so it gets better. What is the name of the cream? I may give it a try.

Malteser Monkey
10-11-2013, 19:12
I've not swam for 4 months. Trying to rest it so it gets better. What is the name of the cream? I may give it a try.

So what about a chiropractor ?

YOUNG GOLFER
10-11-2013, 23:18
Arcilla verde try it dear

KirstyJay
10-11-2013, 23:56
So what about a chiropractor ?

Isn't a chiropractor for back problems? This is my elbow.

jack oakley
11-11-2013, 00:07
Try 'Witchhazel', a friend had a tendon problem for almost six months, she had several injections and all sorts of anti-inflamitory potions, then a doctor suggested witchhazel. It should be kept in the fridge before use then soak a cotton wool pad, apply and hold in place with a bandage three or four times a day, it cured my friend in three days.

KirstyJay
11-11-2013, 03:24
Funny you should say that. Only today I was wondering what witch hazel was in Spanish...

KirstyJay
11-11-2013, 03:28
Just googled it. olmo escocés in Spanish.

Malteser Monkey
11-11-2013, 09:47

Nope for everything - I had a trapped nerve in my shoulder giving me shooting pains down to my fingers.

They give you excercises to strengthen you.

Why don't you go for a consultation - they'll tell you if the can or can't help you KJ

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Nope for everything - I had a trapped nerve in my shoulder giving me shooting pains down to my fingers.

They give you excercises to strengthen you.

Why don't you go for a consultation - they'll tell you if the can or can't help you KJ

deepdivejunkie
17-11-2013, 14:04
KirstyJay
I know a good physiotherapist in South Tenerife, but can´t PM you with his name and number!

KirstyJay
10-12-2013, 00:31
Just an update. I've started swimming again, but just doing crawl and backstroke, rather than breatstroke, which was suggested by one of the monitors at the pool and it seems to be helping. The Tendonitis is almost gone. It reoccurs slightly when I use my are to excess, but otherwise all is good :)