PDA

View Full Version : Discrepancies with the forums Terms & Conditions #2 Banned members

9PLUS
10-11-2013, 09:00
This needs clearing up and the truth told.

We are told to look at the Terms and Conditions when we signed up to the forum

2 recent super mod quotes

"Banned members are not to be discussed on open forum"

"ANY REFERENCE TO A BANNED MEMBER IS NOT ALLOWED"

A super moderator said this can be found in the terms and conditions Post 7

Here's post 7 of this forums terms & Conditions.

A user's banning will NOT be discussed on the open forum or with any other member - period. A member is banned because they have broken one or more of the rules of the forum. Bans are only ever issued in serious cases or if rules are broken repeatedly, despite previously issued warnings. A ban will only be discussed between the admin staff and the member banned. Please do not ask for an explanation, as a refusal will often offend. Any discussion on the public forum regarding another member's ban will be removed without explanation.

So the recent quotes from a super moderator are wrong.

Admin/mods have been enforcing rules that simply just DO NOT exist in their own Terms and Conditions

Please can you clear this situation up and answer the question without ducking and diving?

Angusjim
10-11-2013, 09:14

Admin/mods have been enforcing rules that simply just DO NOT exist in their own Terms and Conditions

Please can you clear this situation up and answer the question without ducking and diving?

Mark if this such a big issue to you why not just do what Loaded has done and don't post again unless the ban is lifted about mentioning JA its quite simple you don't like the Forum just say goodbye or you and Loaded could buy it and run it the way you want:hello:

9PLUS
10-11-2013, 09:21
^ Another person who cant answer the question.

Angusjim
10-11-2013, 09:27
^ Another person who cant answer the question.
Mark I have simple rule in business that applies here as well if I deal with clients & suppliers and I don't like their conditions of trading or just don't like them I get rid and move on job done:tiphat:

9PLUS
10-11-2013, 09:31
Mark I have simple rule in business that applies here as well if I deal with clients & suppliers and I don't like their conditions of trading or just don't like them I get rid and move on job done:tiphat:

Conditions of trading are one thing, making stuff up is another

You are extreming AJ, just because I have a few questions doesn't mean i hate the forum so that puts you and slodge in your places.

kathml
10-11-2013, 09:40
I can't remember J being banned on this forum ?

TOTO 99
10-11-2013, 09:52
Mark,

when are you going to realise that there isn't anybody in the background.

Do you seriously think that they will sit around a table and one of them will say "look, let's just give him what he wants and he'll go away"?...It isn't going to happen for you and you will not get your answer.

For what it's worth I believe you are correct with regard to what happened as no doubt do plenty of others. Be happy with that.......or don't, it's up to you. But don't alienate yourself.

If this row is causing members to quit then do you really want to be a part of it?....Let it go.

Susief
10-11-2013, 09:56
Mark,

when are you going to realise that there isn't anybody in the background.

Do you seriously think that they will sit around a table and one of them will say "look, let's just give him what he wants and he'll go away"?...It isn't going to happen for you and you will not get your answer.

For what it's worth I believe you are correct with regard to what happened as no doubt do plenty of others. Be happy with that.......or don't, it's up to you. But don't alienate yourself.

If this row is causing members to quit then do you really want to be a part of it?....Let it go.

Toto you are spot on.

Mark we have known each other for a long time on both forums and had some laughs on various matters but this has gone way too far now. I don't agree with the way you are treating Slodge, he's one of the good guys.
I'm really not sure you are going to get the answers you are asking for in however many threads you start. I can see you alienating yourself! Let it go!

9PLUS
10-11-2013, 10:05
No single member of admin has been mentioned in this thread, thats no accident.

The question is still open

So back off.

Harmonicaman
10-11-2013, 10:28
Fact 1. There is no mention in the T&Cs relating to these statements:

Fact 2. This forum is going the same way as the last one.

Fact 3. I'm outa here.

9PLUS
10-11-2013, 10:34
Forum > Tenerife Forum > Help & Assistance = 0

Angusjim
10-11-2013, 10:35
Conditions of trading are one thing, making stuff up is another

You are extreming AJ, just because I have a few questions doesn't mean i hate the forum so that puts you and slodge in your places.

"You are extreming" pot /kettle comes to mind

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Fact 1. There is no mention in the T&Cs relating to these statements:

Fact 2. This forum is going the same way as the last one.

Fact 3. I'm outa here.

Fact 4 I thought you left a while ago :wave:

9PLUS
10-11-2013, 10:45
"You are extreming" pot /kettle comes to mind

Leave the pot out Jim, i suggest you stick to the kettle, have a cup of coffee or something.

Terrible forum moderation, such a shame

9PLUS
10-11-2013, 11:35
The answer to you question is in your question. A life time ban is just that. A life time ban. It will not be dropped.

If the person who is banned would like the ban to be removed, they can write to the moderators and request it, giving their reasons why they think they should be allowed back on the forum and we will discuss the petition for ban removal and make a decision, but no assurances will be made of acceptance.

Question answered, thread closed.

But Janet isn't even a member of this forum so why the ban?

It's a simple question no need to run around closing threads.

admin
10-11-2013, 11:50

Discussions of banned members and their bans are not allowed.

Mention of a banned member within the context of another situation, for example in the illegal letting thread is not against T&Cs per se, however the forum does not give banned members the privilege of promotion or SEO traffic to their websites and therefore links are automatically moderated using the censorship filter.

Many banned members names and website addresses are contained in the filter, and it is to prevent that member reregistering and reposting without our knowledge. We do not consider that a banned member should receive promotion via this site. That is our decision and this is simply an explanation of it, which is not up for discussion.

So, if you copy and paste information from a banned member's website here, then you have to be aware that the source you quote will not be credited. That is all.

Do you think that the banned member will be happy with their work being posted on this from without credit? If the answer is yes, then that's fine. If the answer is no, then you will need to rewrite the information in your own words.

You have been commenting on this forum persecuting a particular moderator for just trying to do his job. Please stop. If you have any other questions regarding the terms and conditions you should use the proper channels and either send an email, PM or use the contact form.

But Janet isn't even a member of this forum so why the ban?

It's a simple question no need to run around closing threads.

Janet is a banned member. We will not discuss a banned member with you. We will discuss it with Janet, should she choose to contact us. She is a banned member of this site, as it is not another site it is still Tenerife Forum.

Thank you.