PDA

View Full Version : Recent Admin replies

delderek
10-11-2013, 18:13
At least Admin have replied defending certain decisions along with closing many threads. They have once again failed to grasp the problem. No one is asking for a banned member to be reinstated, (who would never wish to be reinstated anyway) only the courtesy of allowing important information to be copied to this forum, with an acknowledgment to the author. Links to the website is understandably not allowed. But come on you guys, stop being stupid.

Remove this and another member bites the dust:

Peterrayner
10-11-2013, 18:22
@del

Forums, any forums, are not democracies or for that matter members clubs and no amount of threats or bullying will change that. They just couldn't function on that basis

The recent campaign by a certain member to change the above facts is frankly a disgrace.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

imho of course :wink:

slodgedad
10-11-2013, 18:34
I don't understand. The important information, to which you refer, was posted without links so is still there.

The argument was about banned members. http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?23-The-Tenerife-illegal-lettings-thread/page865 have a look, it's been there all the time.

I'ts just a shame that members would prefer to joi in a ding dong without checking the facts

nelson
10-11-2013, 19:11
I am sure most people check out the latest news on the ja site as well as being part of this forum.

If ja posts alotca news updates we all can read them and then debate them on this forum.

There is simply no need to reproduce the ja info complete on here in any case.

This is clearly a none issue storm in a teacup. The members on here tripping out over the situation must be short of something serious in their lives to be getting worked up over this.

delderek
10-11-2013, 19:13
OK, prepared to conceed that it's all got a little bit picky and weighed down with technicalities, and I will now shut up. (till the next time that is):jumping:

I am sure most people check out the latest news on the ja site as well as being part of this forum.

If ja posts alotca news updates we all can read them and then debate them on this forum.

There is simply no need to reproduce the ja info complete on here in any case.

This is clearly a none issue storm in a teacup. The members on here tripping out over the situation must be short of something serious in their lives to be getting worked up over this.

Sorry Nelson, many people and also many on this forum have never heard of The president of Alotca,,
,heh heh did I get away with that.?

slodgedad
10-11-2013, 21:10
We all know who she is and respect the work she has done and the money she has saved people.
That is beside the point,
As a banned member, as has been stated, links to her site are not allowed.

Malteser Monkey
10-11-2013, 21:20
We all know who she is and respect the work she has done and the money she has saved people.

Seems a time to re write the T & C's to specify, then everyone is clear.

Post a new thread so any existing members who do not wish to comply can................................

slodgedad
10-11-2013, 21:31
Can't see why. Rules state, contrary to all the crap lately, that banned members are not a subject for discussion.

doreen
10-11-2013, 21:49

Okay, let's not get carried away ... Janet will be the first to admit that the person who has saved people from huge fines is Jose Escobedo. What Janet has done is to be an invaluable link and information provider in a very stressful time for many.

I don't agree with the decision not to allow SEO links to her blog, but then it is not my call to make. I do wish Admin had spoken sooner, but then people have busy lives and perhaps less interest in Illegal Lettings compared to some of us :)

I have to admit that I am perplexed by 9PLUS's persistence on this matter and his uncalled for comments to our highly regarded Mod, Slodgedad, and do not think the Forum has gained in any way by 9PLUS's actions (and was expecting at any moment to see him banned, so times really have changed no matter how tinpot he might think the Forum is)

kathml
10-11-2013, 21:57
A lot of hot air could have been saved if the anonymous Admin had spoken up sooner

It maybe is the infamous Zarion under a new name lol

I do think the other mods?were very unfair to Slodgedad and left him hanging out to dry

slodgedad
10-11-2013, 22:13
A lot of hot air could have been saved if the anonymous Admin had spoken up sooner

I do think the other mods?were very unfair to Slodgedad and left him hanging out to dry

I don't think I was left out to dry. I posted what I believed to be true and was attacked. The only losers in all this are the members.
To attack a non profit organization, where everyone is a volunteer and advertise for free, well?
A brilliant thread, which has had thousands of visits, is now a mess. I,for one, am averse to moving the off topic posts in case I incur the wrath of the spoilers

nelson
10-11-2013, 22:29
The brilliant thread will continue and be invaluable in the continuing fight for sense and justice in the letting a issue.

Ja is central to the alotca campaign which currently is going to enter a new and decisive stage . This forum has a major role to play in the situation , thousands of people will be looking in to see how events will follow.

It's curious that members here who were so vocal in defending the absurd govt crackdown are now running to the hills , this forum and ja site will continue the campaign

Peterrayner
11-11-2013, 00:06

IMHO that's very unfair. The fault here was clearly on the member, his actions and his own undoubted agenda.

I,for one, am averse to moving the off topic posts in case I incur the wrath of the spoilers

go ahead remove them they are OT

YOUNG GOLFER
11-11-2013, 01:04
Think we can put this sad few days behind us.....we have lost a long term member which is a shame but due to his own actions .....just did not know when to stop.
The forum is bigger than any one person so lets move on and keep posting .

Andy0210
11-11-2013, 03:07
Are we allowed to make a substitute to replace 9+ and bring back Juba? :) ;)

junglejim
11-11-2013, 07:26
Can't see why. Rules state, contrary to all the crap lately, that banned members are not a subject for discussion.

Why are we discussing it then ?

Peterrayner
11-11-2013, 08:46
Why are we discussing it then ?

we are ????? where ?????

junglejim
11-11-2013, 09:06
It's behind you , Peter ! Might as well get into pantomime , because that's what's happening !

Peterrayner
11-11-2013, 10:01
It's behind you , Peter !

Great news :) Lets put all this behind us and move on.

junglejim
11-11-2013, 10:22
Yes , a flight to Tenerife to catch at lunchtime , time to pack my hand luggage !
I'm off to the sun!

Peterrayner
11-11-2013, 11:47
Yes , a flight to Tenerife to catch at lunchtime , time to pack my hand luggage !
I'm off to the sun!

Lucky you. Enjoy.