PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy American Express travellers cheques in Tenerife?

Kiki
12-11-2013, 12:13
Hello,

Could anyone tell me where I could buy American Express Travellers cheques from here in Tenerife? I haven't had any luck so far!

Thanks

sunseeker
12-11-2013, 13:05
I've never seen them on sale.

Kiki
13-11-2013, 01:16
Banco Santander advertise them on their website, but the branch at the patch don't do them.

callaopam
12-12-2013, 18:28
I tried this this year as I was going to USA for 6 weeks. Most countries will now NOT accept travelers cheques because there are so many fraudulent ones knocking about. My bank here in Tenerife doesn't even issue them, even if they did, you would need an account there to be able to buy them.
If you are officially resident in the UK , you can but a card from moneycorp charged up with the currency of your choice, you can order this on line. If you are resident here, you can buy one at the airport in the UK from a moneycorp kiosk, but you are limited to £1000 to put on it.

Balcony
18-12-2013, 19:17
You're right callaopam about the difficulties in exchanging travellers cheques in the US. As well as moneycorp in the UK you can get pre-loaded cards at Thomas Cook Travel Agents also.

henry
18-12-2013, 20:22
have you tried la caxia banks?