PDA

View Full Version : Devastation and despair!

Canarian Weekly
15-11-2013, 13:10
Deadly typhoon destroys the Philippines, with 2,000 dead THE utter devastation caused by Typhoon Haiyan in the Phillipines this week has left the area looking like a war zone. That was the view of some survivors among the millions who escaped Monday’s fearful storms but have been rendered homeless and starving. And pictures of the [...]

More... (http://www.canarianweekly.com/devastation-despair/)

BoPeep
16-11-2013, 10:20
Is it just us or does anyone else wonder why our Prime Minister thinks we are rich enough to give more aid than just about any other country?

It is not easy to get up to date figures but the amount of money I have found on the internet by country is
China $1.64 million
US $20 million
Germany 1 million euros
Australia $30 million (not sure whether thats Aussie or US dollars)
France .... cant find any record at all!
Great Britain £50 million!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!POUNDS

ciderhunter
16-11-2013, 13:08
I too wonder why it is always the British who seem to be the main help whenever something goes wrong in the world. But remember that this isn't Davids money he is giving away, this money becomes yet another burden on the British taxpayers.
Britain is so awash with unpayable debt that I doubt anyone in control even cares. So long as the cash cows are being milked everything is fine on Jollity Farm.
By the way, the UK is dropping further into debt at the rate of about £4,000 per second.
Check;
http://www.taxpayersalliance.com/debtclock/press.html

BoPeep
16-11-2013, 14:44
Love the clock!

The only way we will get out of debt is to get on with the fracking, whatever the 'do gooders' say!

Addick
16-11-2013, 15:51
79p each.

That's all that £50m equates to from the UK population. If you need your 79p back I'll willingly post it to you.

I do agree with you on the fracking, though

BoPeep
16-11-2013, 16:15
79p is not the point, the point is that if other countries cannot afford to chip in and help to a similar degree it is questionable whether we can afford to. We are the most indebted State in the EC after all.

A lot of us have already chipped in via Christian Aid, Save the Children etc. and pay what we feel we should. I, for one, object to being dictated too on how much I should pay by the State, or is it Nanny State?