PDA

View Full Version : Anyone missing someone?

Malteser Monkey
15-11-2013, 21:13
I'm missing someone

A very valued member with a business in Tenerife that has always helped members new and old.

Maybe got a bit carried away under circumstances

under T&C's not mentioned any names

But I'm missing that person:cry:

It's Friday

marbro8
15-11-2013, 21:17
I'm missing someone

A very valued member with a business in Tenerife that has always helped members new and old.

It's Fridayyou have stumped me???

trevorife2
15-11-2013, 21:18
What you on about ??? Plus can you give me a clue ??

Malteser Monkey
15-11-2013, 21:30
pffffffffffffffft

marbro8
15-11-2013, 21:39
pffffffffffffffftohhhhh right:lol:,well he hasn't been banned so he can post whenever he wants to, i know he was miffed at the time but i think he is bigger than that , and when all the dust has settled he will be either lurking or posting again, and yes he has done more good than bad and been a valued member of the forum for many years even if he did talk in riddles sometimes:lol:;)

Malteser Monkey
15-11-2013, 21:47
ohhhhh right:lol:,well he hasn't been banned so he can post whenever he wants to, i know he was miffed at the time but i think he is bigger than that , and when all the dust has settled he will be either lurking or posting again, and yes he has done more good than bad and been a valued member of the forum for many years even if he did talk in riddles sometimes:lol:;)

go see his profile hun banned

marbro8
15-11-2013, 21:49
go see his profile hun bannedyou are joking:redcard: i am sorry but that is a step to far, i love slodge and don't think he should have been batting on his own the other night, i could understand pffft's frustration at not getting the answers he wanted (see what i have had to do to refer to someone who is banned???) it is starting to feel like a police state:mad:, come on mods lets be a bit more understanding and sensible :nono:

AL JAY
15-11-2013, 21:52
He has been banned for about a week now, he was/is one of my favourite posters with a unique sense of humour! Sadly went OTT with some of his replies but could see his point over the lack of response from above, I think another member got off scot free for certain remarks!

marbro8
15-11-2013, 21:59
He has been banned for about a week now, he was/is one of my favourite posters with a unique sense of humour! Sadly went OTT with some of his replies but could see his point over the lack of response from above, I think another member got off scot free for certain remarks!sorry mate i edited my post as you where posting;)

warbey
15-11-2013, 21:59
:agree:
He has been banned for about a week now, he was/is one of my favourite posters with a unique sense of humour! Sadly went OTT with some of his replies but could see his point over the lack of response from above, I think another member got off scot free for certain remarks!

.:agree:

I liked Him but He went a bit too far, lets hope it's for a couple of weeks ....

Ive not seen Slodgey or a few Days either...?

marbro8
15-11-2013, 22:02
:agree:

.:agree:

I liked Him but He went a bit too far, lets hope it's for a couple of weeks ....yes he did but it was in frustration mate:dontknow:

Malteser Monkey
15-11-2013, 22:24
No one out there to back Slodgie but sorry mate the admin came in too late with their excuses

oooooopppps :stupid:

but yes Mark pushed it but so did Slodgie

should have been nipped in the bud but hey !

I thought more about this place - hope we haven't lost too many members

And IMHO admin you owe 9minus an apology

am I in for a banning now ??

admin Mike at chayofa KirstyJay
@zarion oooppp sorry not here

kathml
15-11-2013, 22:55
Won't take much more and I'll be going same way

marbro8
15-11-2013, 22:57
No one out there to back Slodgie but sorry mate the admin came in too late with their excuses

@zarion oooppp sorry not hereif you are then i am:angry:, i think the only way forward is new members that have just joined and are new and fresh that toe the line, in a few months/years you will be familiar with names like shug 98 and mal 28 but not names like malteser monkey warbey melm junglejim angusjim kathml al jay etc etc:dontknow:

Malteser Monkey
15-11-2013, 23:02
if you are then i am:angry:, i think the only way forward is new members that have just joined and are new and fresh that toe the line, in a few months/years you will be familiar with names like shug 98 and mal 28 but not names like malteser monkey warbey melm junglejim angusjim aljay etc etc:dontknow:

Thank you we need to get this forum back on track

Young golfer offered to be a mod not so long back if the others are not up to it say so and recruit

seems to be more ads on here now BTW

I don't want to go anywhere else

melm
15-11-2013, 23:15

Young golfer offered to be a mod not so long back if the others are not up to it say so and recruit

Nor me ...........Don't even think about it little teaser I need a laugh and a bit of fun at times:jumping: I would miss all my friends on here:cry: who make me smile.:) and of course offer good advice.

Malteser Monkey
15-11-2013, 23:22
Nor me ...........Don't even think about it little teaser I need a laugh and a bit of fun at times:jumping: I would miss all my friends on here:cry: who make me smile.:) and of course offer good advice.

Exactly so ...........we wait on the powers to be

admin KirstyJay Pooh

I see you all looking in - come on voice your opinions

I hope you would back me up

kathml
16-11-2013, 00:44
When did anyone last see a mod?

YOUNG GOLFER
16-11-2013, 00:53

Yes I did offer but I can't tell you the reply I had ........so decided there is no way I could do it.
Mark was a good member and made me and lots of us laugh. But that seemed to stop with me when I read the comments to a certain member on that huge thread about lettings.

That to me was a couple or three members enjoying the fact that another member could be in trouble and get a huge fine.

Where was admin to stop all them insults.....no where.

Any member who takes pleasure out of upsetting another member and rubbing salt into the wounds is not a nice person in my eyes.

To me a member of a forum is to help others with advice make new friends, share our love of Tenerife even have a little football banter and more so turn up for a forum meeting instead of typing behind a computer.

That winds me up people who live here who can't be arsed to meet up with members............people on here need to make more of a effort otherwise just close it for good.

By the way I have had a great week just needed to get this of my chest not in a bad mood lol .

Angusjim
16-11-2013, 09:11
When did anyone last see a mod?
I saw one on a scooter in Edinburgh no that long ago:moped:

KirstyJay
16-11-2013, 12:22

I'm not sure why you've mentioned me in your post. I'm only on the forum about once a week these days, as I have my business that takes up a lot of my time. I'm not too up to speed on everything you're on about, but I'm sure that you won't get a reply about anything discussing a banning as it's against T&Cs.

I do know that slodgy has decided to take some time off, as he has said that the whole episode brought on a mini-breakdown for him and he needs to destress, so maybe it would be nicer for him if everyone stopped making judgements and just got along with life?

PS: it should be mike in chayofa :)

Angusjim
16-11-2013, 12:30
I'm not sure why you've mentioned me in your post. I'm only on the forum about once a week these days, as I have my business that takes up a lot of my time. I'm not too up to speed on everything you're on about, but I'm sure that you won't get a reply about anything discussing a banning as it's against T&Cs.

I do know that slodgy has decided to take some time off, as he has said that the whole episode brought on a mini-breakdown for him and he needs to destress, so maybe it would be nicer for him if everyone stopped making judgements and just got along with life?

PS: it should be mike in chayofa :)

Was that you on the scooter in Edinburgh:laugh::wink:

KirstyJay
16-11-2013, 12:32
Was that you on the scooter in Edinburgh:laugh::wink:Eh? You've lost me.

Angusjim
16-11-2013, 12:33
Eh? You've lost me.

See post 20:wink:

KirstyJay
16-11-2013, 12:37
See post 20:wink:Hardy ha. :rolleyes: However, I am not technically a mod anymore and really do not want to be thought of as one, because I a) don't have the time and b) don't want the hassle associated with the title. I help out when I can. I made that clear when the forum changed hands some 2 to 3 years ago now. There is no mod reference under my forum name :)

Angusjim
16-11-2013, 12:41
Hardy ha. :rolleyes: However, I am not technically a mod anymore and really do not want to be thought of as one, because I a) don't have the time and b) don't want the hassle associated with the title. I help out when I can. I made that clear when the forum changed hands some 2 to 3 years ago now. There is no mod reference under my forum name :)
MM thats you telt get your facts right:c2::laugh:

Malteser Monkey
16-11-2013, 13:53
Well I don't remember reading that ! so yes I apologise KJ.

I'm not surprised Slodgie is not well - and I wish him a speedy recovery

So just who is out there modding now - would be nice to know who to contact

All I'm saying is the whole thing was a mess !

Ohhh and AJ you just can't wait to get at me:redcard: good job it doesn't happen often !:laugh::laugh::tiphat:

warbey
16-11-2013, 21:38
Thanks for telling us Slodgey's off for a while Kirsty.

I too was unaware You had stepped Down as Mod..

Only Scooters round here are the Push with a Foot Variety AJ. Got a Fish Tail though.

I agree with Your comments Y.G. just sorry that one Member felt He had to take it that far.

It was not usual behaviour for a cool Guy..

Perhaps a Sign (Thin Ice) attached to an iffy Post would be a good warning if needed.?

sunspot
17-11-2013, 05:00
Are you all wearing tinted glasses, he went way too far and deserved the banning , there are ways and means to get an answer to a question, what he did was over the top and to bombard Slodgie with the constant barracking was disgusting when slodge was doing his utmost to keep on track , do i miss him..............no way, i dont post that much any more but for gods sake when i do im at least honest..............are you?

Red Devil
17-11-2013, 11:56

Not sure why you thought Admin owed the banned one an apology? He knew exactly what he was doing and knew what the outcome would be. Job done as far as he was concerned and plenty of attention afterwards. Almost a cult freedom fighter :duh:

candy2411
17-11-2013, 12:14
There is no place for a bullying in society, why should this forum be any different!!

Angusjim
17-11-2013, 12:34
I don't think I would call it bullying but given Slodge's health problems I think he was well out of order with the constant badgering / winding up that was directed at Slodge for something that was pretty trivial

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

I'm missing someone

It's Friday
Well MM you certainly got resuls I see he who now can be named 9Plus is back:lol::c2:

Malteser Monkey
17-11-2013, 14:14
Are you all wearing tinted glasses, he went way too far and deserved the banning , there are ways and means to get an answer to a question, what he did was over the top and to bombard Slodgie with the constant barracking was disgusting when slodge was doing his utmost to keep on track , do i miss him..............no way, i dont post that much any more but for gods sake when i do im at least honest..............are you?

My post is titled anyone missing him that's all Sunspot - each to their own of course.

I don't agree with the way he behaved but I believe it to have been a one off - whatever his own personal reasons - who know what goes on in our lives.

I was more annoyed that Slodgie was on his own !

I am still none the wiser as to who to go - no one has been on to answer me however I am not going to start 4/5 threads to ask:spin:

Ohhh yes Angusjim well this thread might as well close now then mike in chayofa please

I'm sure there will be another along to replace it soon

:whistle::D