PDA

View Full Version : Relocation I'm moving to Tenerife in January! Any help would be much appreciated!

missgjk
17-11-2013, 03:06
Hi everyone,

I am moving out to Tenerife in January with my fiance and would really appreciate it if anyone could give me advice regarding our circumstances whilst living there. My fiance is moving to tenerife with his job, he will be based there for 18 months, I am moving out there with him but will not be working he is going to support me. My question is will I still be required to get an NIE number and then a certificado de registro and will I be liable to pay tax? We will be renting a house whilst in Tenerife and I will have private health cover whilst living there, our intensions are to move back to the UK at the end of the 18 months.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Tracy1965
23-01-2014, 00:45
Hi I noticed you haven't had any replies as yet. I recently moved here and have had similar questions. The rules and regulations appear to change quite frequently but if you google Janet in Tenerife (sorry I don't think I can include her surname as I have just had to edit my reply surname came out in asterisks but she should come up) she has a really good website that is full of really helpful information on the kind of paperwork you need and how to go about it. You can also ask her questions via email or on her site and she has a section on frequently asked questions just like yours Hope you find this useful I can't personally give you advice as I am still learning myself! Good luck on your move :)

junglejim
23-01-2014, 13:08
Some useful info on Goldenmaniac - on here´s site
http://www.diana-mcglone.com/
Simply put , if you are staying here more than 3 months the you are rquired to register at the Police Station for a Certificado de Registro - if you are not working you will not be paying any tax , you fiance´s company health plan may cover you but that depends on his contract .