PDA

View Full Version : Other Can anyone give me some advice regarding the bono card for the buses please?

17-11-2013, 11:01
we are ( 2 adults) travelling to Tenerife soon. we would like to know about purchasing a bono card for the buses to cover 2 adults for 11 days to travel from the airport to the hotel in costa adeje, then to the cruise port in the north, back to hotel and then back to aiport over aperiod of 11 days. can you buy 1 ticket to cover 2 people for this period or do you have to get a ticket for every journey etc . how much do they costs and what do you do with them when you get on the bus ie is there a machine or do you hand to driver ?

sunseeker
17-11-2013, 11:28
Prices of journeys vary. You can use the same ticket for both people. A bono will give you about 30% off compared to normal prices, so it's worth getting.

kez1000
17-11-2013, 11:43
As above, you can buy and use one Bono ticket for 2 people. just pop in the machine on the bus twice after telling driver where you want to go and it prints a reducing balance on the back of the ticklet. You can buy in different amounts, we usually get a 15 euro one and when near bottom of balanmce buy another. Given how long you are here and the journeys you have said, you will probably burn more than a 15 euro ticket so if you buy 2 for your trip and then if the second one is running out, you can always buy another.

as an indicator, local journeys e.g. Adeje village to san Eugenio is 1.15 euros on the ticket. You can alos pay cash if you are right at the end of your holiday and just need one more bus ride.

Enjoy.

KeZ

Tshirt
17-11-2013, 11:50
:tiphat:

Lots of info on the forum about Bono cards, just scroll to the bottom of this page to see similar threads. Enjoy your hols.

candy2411
17-11-2013, 12:00
I like using a bono ticket as it saves having to look for small change on boarding the bus ( not a good idea to go opening bags and wallets at bus stops ).Bus service is great in my opinion.

Angusjim
17-11-2013, 12:29
Where is the Bono Anorak when you need him:laugh:

Tshirt
17-11-2013, 12:47

He'll be along in a bit, then 3 will come at once. ;)

ribuck
17-11-2013, 13:07
I'm not the Bobo Anorak, but, to the original poster ...

You only need one Bono ticket. When you get on the bus, you put it into the green machine that's near the driver. Tell the driver where you're going, and he pushes some buttons that deduct the discounted fare from your Bono card. As others have said, for two people you just put the ticket in the machine again after it is ejected the first time. You can say "dos personas" to the driver if you like.

If the Bono doesn't have enough balance, the machine takes the balance to zero then you pay the remainder in cash but you still get the discounted rate. The Bono balance lasts for 12 months, so if you don't use it all you can save the ticket for your next visit to Tenerife. The ticket machine prints the remaining value on the back of the ticket, so you always know how much balance is left.

You can buy Bonos in denominations of €15 or €25. The journeys you described will certainly come to more than €15 and probably not more than €30, so you could buy a €25 Bono or two at €15 each. If you just ask for a Bono, you will be sold the €15 Bono as this is the most common. Personally I always use the €15 Bono so that I don't lose so much if I accidentally put it through the wash or misplace it.

It's a good system, and works really well once you get the hang of it. Just one further note - the Bono is accepted on all buses except the Mt Teide route (because they think tourists can afford to pay the full fare) and the La Esperanza route in the north (because it's operated under some kind of contract).

junglejim
17-11-2013, 13:59
I'm here AJ !! The questions on the Bono have mainly been answered above ,only addition I would make is that cost of journey to Santa Cruz is about €5.95 each one way , journey from Adeje to airport is €2.90

http://titsa.com/index.php?accion=tarifas&IdSeccion=52

and of course Vortexwake´s link
http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?11277-Where-can-I-buy-a-bono-at-Tenerife-south-airport

17-11-2013, 19:56
Thanks for all your helpful info

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks for your info

warbey
17-11-2013, 20:18
One other thing..

Bono Tickets are available in various Places, from Shops or Kiosks in most Areas.

There is One Outlet at the Arrivals Hall (I think) at the Airport.

Directions are in a previous Thread referred to earlier.

You DON'T get them on the Bus.....

Enjoy Your stay....

seanocelt
18-11-2013, 12:38
Im giving up on bonos. The slightest crack/crease and the machine will not read them, the drivers annul them with balance still in credit.

Arona1
18-11-2013, 12:44
One other thing..

Bono Tickets are available in various Places, from Shops or Kiosks in most Areas.

There is One Outlet at the Arrivals Hall (I think) at the Airport.

Directions are in a previous Thread referred to earlier.

You DON'T get them on the Bus.....

Enjoy Your stay....

My neighbour arrived back a few days ago and told me the shop in the airport has stopped selling bono cards, anybody else heard anything?

ribuck
18-11-2013, 15:35
Im giving up on bonos. The slightest crack/crease and the machine will not read them, the drivers annul them with balance still in credit.

If the machine won't read the card, some drivers just write the new balance on the back. Other drivers will reject the card but you can still try it on other buses, and you can always get a cash refund on a faulty ticket from the ticket offices at the big bus stations (Playa de las Americas, Puerto de la Cruz, Santa Cruz, and maybe others).

Maybe "wear and tear" is a good reason to prefer the €15 Bono as it will be used up sooner.

LUCKY
18-11-2013, 20:07
My neighbour arrived back a few days ago and told me the shop in the airport has stopped selling bono cards, anybody else heard anything?

I purchased a couple of bono cards last friday at the airport ,The shop is in the departures area to the left of door 6 from the outside door it is a small souvenir shop.:flatcap::feret: :feret:

sunseeker
19-11-2013, 14:26
Theres a new bono just for Santa Cruz where you pay 7.50€ for 10 journeys.

warbey
19-11-2013, 19:04
Theres a new bono just for Santa Cruz where you pay 7.50€ for 10 journeys.

That's a Bargain.

Where is it from..? PDLA...?

bonitatime
19-11-2013, 19:38
Inside Santa Cruz

sunseeker
20-11-2013, 09:17
That's a Bargain.

Where is it from..? PDLA...?

Ther was a clue in my post wher I said 'just for Santa Cruz'. ;)