PDA

View Full Version : Cars & Transport Has anyone used Auto Plus car hire company?

Ian433
17-11-2013, 17:38
I've booked a holiday rental which includes a rental car. This comes from a company called Auto Plus Cars. Their website suggests a conventional rental company with reasonable prices - all the usual models etc. On the face of it - fine. However, if I look at reviews on Trip Advisor I get a very bad impression. 'Old Bangers that break down' etc etc. I realise that many such reviews are written by embittered customers and have no desire to write off the company on this basis. However, I don't want to ruin my hliday with a bad experience with a hire car. Does anyone have an unbiased view?

Love the island by the way and looking forward to returning and driving (safely) around it.

Ian

Kinney61
17-11-2013, 21:41
I've booked a holiday rental which includes a rental car. This comes from a company called Auto Plus Cars. Their website suggests a conventional rental company with reasonable prices - all the usual models etc. On the face of it - fine. However, if I look at reviews on Trip Advisor I get a very bad impression. 'Old Bangers that break down' etc etc. I realise that many such reviews are written by embittered customers and have no desire to write off the company on this basis. However, I don't want to ruin my hliday with a bad experience with a hire car. Does anyone have an unbiased view?

Love the island by the way and looking forward to returning and driving (safely) around it.

Ian
We use Auto plus regularly (three times a year). Cars are basic but never had any problem all run perfectly. We had a crash last time and they were brilliant! No fuss and very helpful.

Ian433
17-11-2013, 23:57
We use Auto plus regularly (three times a year). Cars are basic but never had any problem all run perfectly. We had a crash last time and they were brilliant! No fuss and very helpful.

Many thanks - I was concerned by the negative comments (although I take them with a pinch of salt) so a positive is reassuring. Don't mind basic motors as long as they are safe. Cheers