PDA

View Full Version : What paperwork do you need to get an empadroniamiento for buying car?

boredinscotland
18-11-2013, 13:37
Hi, What paperwork do you need for Empadronoemiento to buy a car? last time I owned apartment, now will be renting,possibly with friends so no rental contract. Thanks

irishmusico
18-11-2013, 14:41
As far as I know. You need your residencia and your passport. If it is the same address on your residencia it is just a matter of them issuing you one. If you have changed address you will need the rental contract from your landlord,bring a copy as well to be on the safe side. I bring duplicate copies of everything just on case they ask me for one.

When you are buying the car you will need your original residencia original passport and original empadroniamiento to change ownership,well thats for a second hand one anyway.

boredinscotland
18-11-2013, 14:51
Never had residencia, is it possible to go with friend with their Escritura and letter from them saying I live with them to use their address?

irishmusico
18-11-2013, 15:23
You will need a residencia to start off. I presume you have a NIE. Which you will need to get a residencia. Its all paperwork which has to be done. Its been ages since I did all of this and sometimes the rules change. You would probably be better getting someone who knows the system and speaks Spanish to go with you.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

If this is your first time and I presume you do have a NIE you should get someone to help you with it. It can be a real pain in the ass getting it all done but once you have it all it is less complicated when you need to change one thing.

Heres why I recommend getting someone to do it for you the first time. If you have all the correct paperwork to get your residencia you need to get a form to pay €10 euro approx into the bank from the police station after you queue up to tell them what you need. You then need to pay that to the bank before 10 am and have the reciept stamped,then return to the police station before 11.00 am or you come back the next day.

They will process your residencia which you then take to the cultural center,if you live in las americas,for example. You need proof of where you live. I think they will except a signed declaration of your partner,I signed one for my wife when we were short of a page from our rental contract,and they accepted this. It is a lot of running around and if you do not have everything you are supposed to then they send you back to whichever office you need to go to,to get the paper or copy that they need.

I can't remember which paperwork I needed to get my residencia,as it was a few years ago.

I don't want to alarm you but watch this.I do have a friend who guided me through it all
http://vimeo.com/37379526

boredinscotland
18-11-2013, 17:00
Already got NIE, just address I need for Empadroniemento

Goldenmaniac
18-11-2013, 17:07
Yes your friend can say you live with them PROVIDED they own the property and are themselves registered on the Padron, if that is the case they simply go with you to the town hall, take their passport and NIE/residence cert and yours as well. However if they are tenants then you will have to get included on the rental agreement from their Landlord - because most rental agreements have a clause about sub letting or additional tenants if not family members.