Nash
18-11-2013, 22:42
water and electric connections

Tom & Sharon
18-11-2013, 23:07
What about them?

YOUNG GOLFER
19-11-2013, 09:59
Looking back at your first thread seems you have already been given some sound advice.......would of thought it been sorted by now as it was a few months back.

Malteser Monkey
19-11-2013, 11:28

not good to mix the two :cheeky:

dear x:D

atlantico
19-11-2013, 13:32
can water be measured by the metre ?

sunseeker
19-11-2013, 13:59

Ooh a new game. Wot fun.

A connection between water and electric. Erm. I don't know. They're both in houses? They can both kill you?

Nash
19-11-2013, 14:11
I bought a bank repossession apartment and have found out i do not have a water meter at my apt so the water company is asking €163 to fit one so i can get water connected and the electrician has billed me €950 for his services to get electricity connected, Wow what a shock! though i paid €300 to a solicitor there to get them both connected. is this the norm here?

sunseeker
19-11-2013, 14:17
yes. If you need a new installation of the contador it can be pricy

9PLUS
19-11-2013, 16:15
I bought a bank repossession apartment and have found out i do not have a water meter at my apt so the water company is asking €163 to fit one so i can get water connected and the electrician has billed me €950 for his services to get electricity connected, Wow what a shock! though i paid €300 to a solicitor there to get them both connected. is this the norm here?

If that's what it is, surely the €950 isn't just to get the electricity connected.

bonitatime
19-11-2013, 19:35
Elιctric can be complicated here. I needed a buletin recently for paperwork and to get someone to do it and a couple of small bits was over 400€
I asked around and it seemed about the going rate

Nash
19-11-2013, 20:27
The solicitor had it done and sent me the copy of the invoice as follows:

REVISION Y RECPARACIONES EN CASAS €245
TRAMITACION DE BOLETINES ELECTRONICOS €350
TRAMITES DE CONTRATACION Y TECHNICO DE ENDESA VISITAS €300
IGIC € 62.65
tOTAL ---------
€957.65

CIM
19-11-2013, 21:10
Unfortunately the banks offer absolutely no support whatsoever to clients who deal directly with them. I see this a lot. They also have no clue whatsoever about letting laws...! I would castigated for treating buyers like this yet they continue to get away with it scot free....
Good idea to hire someone knowledgeable and proactive to help out if you are going to do this - so a very pro-active gestor or lawyer, happy to get off their **** and go to the various places where these things need sorted out. Otherwise you can end up being passed from pillar post trying to sort it out yourself, fobbed off by disinterested employees or overcharged to put it all right later.

9PLUS
19-11-2013, 22:33

The solicitor had it done and sent me the copy of the invoice as follows:

REVISION Y RECPARACIONES EN CASAS €245
TRAMITACION DE BOLETINES ELECTRONICOS €350
TRAMITES DE CONTRATACION Y TECHNICO DE ENDESA VISITAS €300
IGIC € 62.65
tOTAL ---------
€957.65

If its a bank repo has it been supplied with electricity before if so why did it need a boletin?

TRAMITES DE CONTRATACION Y TECHNICO DE ENDESA VISITAS - Was that including Endesa contract tax?

Nash
19-11-2013, 23:05
It must have been supplied with electric before (its approx 10 year old) i stressed that to the solicitors but they insisted it needs it, this is what they quoted:

Whilst it is a modern building and the boletins that were in place for the individual apartments in June when Peter Jones bought his apartment, the normative changed at the beginning of 2013 and was enforced in SEPTEMBER, 2013.

I have no idea what the other two payments are for, and have been told to pay up! and was not even made aware it needed any boletins or was going to cost this amount!

YOUNG GOLFER
19-11-2013, 23:23
Paying a solicitor 300euros might be the reason it's not sorted.......

9PLUS
19-11-2013, 23:23
NASH

REVISION Y RECPARACIONES EN CASAS €245 - This could be perfectly correct, revision and test of the existing electrical installation and some minor changes, couple of breakers and a few plugs or something along those lines.

TRAMITACION DE BOLETINES ELECTRONICOS €350 - This is a questionable one, this could well be the boletin (even though it only says document processing of the boletin), the going rate for these is between €350-€600 for small domestic. Which is understandable in a way because not everyone wants to sign off other peoples work.

TRAMITES DE CONTRATACION Y TECHNICO DE ENDESA VISITAS €300 - This is "document processing" for the Endesa contract and the Endesa employees visit which you don't have to pay for so it could be the electricians time whilst Endesa are installing the meter.

Endesa have enforced no such Law/reg in September if anything Endesa have never been so lax on contracts. What you are saying doesn't sound right.

Nash
20-11-2013, 00:10
Thank you 9plus for the clarification i thought this was well over the top, so i will have to pay over €1400 for the total costs to get water and electric to my apartment. day light robbery!

9PLUS
20-11-2013, 00:18
You'll only have to pay if they can justify the pricing and have actually done what they say you "needed"

The only reason you'd need a boletin for a house of 10 years or so is if the house hadn't had electricity for more than 5 years.

Do you know if the contract has been made already ?

Nash
20-11-2013, 12:38
I only agreed to have the water and electric connected thats all and paid them and accordling.

I belive the contract is done as the solicitor email'd and said i have to pick up the paperwork and the keys from their office when i come there, as live in uk, and that was the reason i got them to do the necessary paperwork/contracts,

I bought it as a investment/holiday home from the banks in mainland spain and my solicitors there had difficulty with the connections/contracts so when i came over there i got a Tenerife solicitor to help me to sort it out.