PDA

View Full Version : Other Anyone else had a door beggar in Callao Salvaje?

mariben
19-11-2013, 23:27
Just wanted to ask if anybody in Callao salvaje has had a visit from a spanish man saying he works in a hotel in los gigantes and lives in Santa Cruz, he tried to get money using his card and the machine took the card but he needs money for petrol to get home, we did not give any money
as i had heard similar story's and it was a con, we would help anybody but could not understand why the man was in Callao salvaje and in our complex. Would like to hear if anybody else has had a visit in the lást few days.

angel
19-11-2013, 23:30
He was on our complex in El Madronal last week - same story !!

Andy0210
19-11-2013, 23:34
He is well known on Facebook, he is a scam artist, asks for 20€, he has a Vauxhall Corsa, the letters of the reg are CNT, just one letter missing in my eyes, send him packing, tell him you know what he is upto and you are going to call the police, he will soon disappear, somehow he is still doing this he must have scammed thousands he really needs a right good slap but nobody seems to want to do it for some reason.
He only seems to frequent the areas where ex pats live, never in Spanish towns sadly as he wouldn´t be doing it much longer if he did.

TenerifeTeddy
19-11-2013, 23:34
This chap has been doing the rounds for some time and it is a scam. There is a description of him and his car on FB Tenerife Neighbourhood watch, which I will try and find and post the details. He has been know to get abusive and aggressive when challenged in the past, so best just close the door on him if he appears.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Trawled through the old FB posts and he has a silver car 2122 CNT. Onre description is about 50 years old, 5ft 7, balding on top, surly expression. Usually asks for €20 as he has run out of petrol. So beware folks.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Trawled through the old FB posts and he has a silver car 2122 CNT. One description is about 50 years old, 5ft 7, balding on top, surly expression. Usually asks for €20 as he has run out of petrol. So beware folks.

mariben
20-11-2013, 09:40
Thank you all for confirming what I thought was a scam, i would say it was the same man by your description and he did ask for 20€ for petrol. I am just pleased my partner and the dogs were here when he came to the door.

woolli
20-11-2013, 22:46
As anyone reported him to the police?

Mia
22-11-2013, 23:24
We were watching the world go by last weekend leaning on the wall of our complex and had a guy stop in a car (didn't take note of the car) but he asked for 20 euros because he needed petrol to get to los Gigantes to work and was travelling from Santa Cruz.

We thought it was strange he had got into Callao Salvaje on his journey especially if he had run out of petrol.

Anyway we said no and moved away from the wall and went into our house.

Sounds like the same guy.