PDA

View Full Version : Other Where can I hire a registered 12 seat taxi in Puerto de la Cruz?

tradewinds
21-11-2013, 11:55
Anyone know of a registered SP plate holder with a 12 seat minibus that can be hired out on a daily basis in Puerto.
I am moving out next week to start a new business venture and need some quotes for 6-8hr day trips.
It would be helpful if they had some English as my Spanish is not so good yet.
Even though there are loads of taxi drivers milling around with little trade the quotes I have had so far are extortionate.
My prior apologies if I don't reply straight away but may have some problems with WIFI access for the first week or so.

amanda
21-11-2013, 22:31
I think you will find that is classed as a bus, taxis only carry up to nine persons, after that they are classed as mini buses, you will need a cap licence to drive one.

tradewinds
22-11-2013, 09:52
Thanks Amanda
You may misunderstand though.
What I am looking for is to hire a minibus and driver for odd days.
I looked into buying my own minibus and hiring just a driver, but I require the SP (Servicio Publico) plate to do what I want to do, but was informed that this was virtually impossible to get, as I am not Canarian and there are already too many taxis on the island.

I think you will find that is classed as a bus, taxis only carry up to nine persons, after that they are classed as mini buses, you will need a cap licence to drive one.

Rodders
22-11-2013, 10:31
Tradewinds,

Try Yurena 922 373 466. They are based in Puerto, ask for Michelle who I believe is English.

Good luck.

melm
22-11-2013, 19:38
my friend uses a company based in Puerto their telephone number is 922 373 077. Sorry don't know the name and the email address he gave me seems to be incorrect.

Not too sure if they have a 12 seater tho' . Worth a phone call anyway. good luck

tradewinds
23-11-2013, 08:37
Thanks for you help.
I also used Yurena for some time for transfers, until I discovered the bus. Will ring both of these and see what I get. From what I have seen over the past few years you would think that the taxi drivers would be glad of the work.
Once again thanks for your help, it is looking like I should have joined this site sooner, as although I have been coming to the island for many years, living there is something entirely different.