PDA

View Full Version : Is it only me that can't stand Britains Got Talent, Coronation Street and Eastenders?

Pooch and Mutt
30-05-2011, 19:38
is it only me that cant stand the britains got talent, coronation st, eastenders,emmerdale etc?
apparently more people voted on last years britains got talent final than voted in the general election, thats what i call total apathy, no wonder bwitain is bwoken.

Harmonicaman
30-05-2011, 19:40
I'm with you Pitch and Putt, I won't watch any soaps. Too many people think it's real...remember the "Free Deirdre" fiasco?:)

Sal
30-05-2011, 19:58
is it only me that cant stand the britains got talent, coronation st, eastenders,emmerdale etc?
apparently more people voted on last years britains got talent final than voted in the general election, thats what i call total apathy, no wonder bwitain is bwoken.

Chacun ā son goût!

Sylla
30-05-2011, 20:03

I thought it was only me that didn't watch these programs ...nice to find "like minds"

doreen
30-05-2011, 20:07
Chacun ā son goût!

Sobre gustos y colores nada han dicho los pintores

Oh, sorry ... wrong thread :lol:

Zara
30-05-2011, 20:30
As Sal says everyone to their own and I quite enjoy Britain's got Talent - it's a no-brainers is on at the moment as background noise, the odd act is worth watching and those who really have talent need somewhere to showcase it. As far as soaps are concerned if people want to believe the story and characters are real again their choice but the bad guys usually get what they deserve :D

doreen
30-05-2011, 20:48
. As far as soaps are concerned if people want to believe the story and characters are real again their choice but the bad guys usually get what they deserve :D

... unlike real life :(:(

Zara
30-05-2011, 20:49
... unlike real life :(:(

Oh donīt get me going ....... Strangeways thread from a couple of weeks ago :wall:

Ed3229
31-05-2011, 11:15
Never in this house will the above be on our TV........

Apollo
31-05-2011, 11:21
I loath soaps. In fact, loath is not a strong enough word.

Tom
31-05-2011, 11:23

+1.....................

Sylla
31-05-2011, 11:35
At least the winners were potential talent and enjoyable to watch ...and I left what I was doing to watch them ... :)

http://www.ospreys.org.uk/webcam/

TenerifeTeddy
31-05-2011, 11:53
I must admit I canīt stand the soaps and wont watch any of them.

However I find BGT entertaining in a cringemaking sort of way, though I tend to record it to zip though most of the twaddle.
Some of the acts are brilliant and it is a great showcase for them. What I really fail to understand though is the really bad acts. I know some people are desperate for their few minutes of fame, but to show yourself up as a total twonk in front of a live audience and several million viewers, most often egged on by family members, I just donīt get it, donīt they realise how stupid they look to everyone who knows them.

MaxineC
31-05-2011, 12:00
No soaps, no reality shows, no 'talent' shows... All banned in this house!

Zara
31-05-2011, 12:08
Get out a here - you all love them really you donīt fool anyone by making out you just watch the highbrow stuff :crylaughing::crylaughing:

Sundowner
31-05-2011, 12:41
No soaps..........but did watch the 1st Big brother and the 1st get me out of here and enjoyed them, but once you have seen them, next time round is boring.

Zara
31-05-2011, 15:51
So what happens to those who registered under another name? Do they drop through a black hole?

Zara
31-05-2011, 15:52
Hang on - I'm lost in Space which forum am I on? ??????:help::stars:

onelegnofeet
31-05-2011, 16:06
Hang on - I'm lost in Space which forum am I on? ??????:help::stars:

may i suggest .................camamile tea ,dear ???

caroletenerife
31-05-2011, 16:41
Get out a here - you all love them really you donīt fool anyone by making out you just watch the highbrow stuff :crylaughing::crylaughing:
I had friends in UK who made out they were intellectually superior to such programmes...however, for some strange reason they were aware of plotlines when lesser mortals were discussing programmes:whistle:

Same sort of people that display ideal homes and The Economist on their coffee table...but actually read 'take a break':lol:

christa
03-06-2011, 20:29
Did you see "Popeye" just now? hahahahahahahahaha BGNT more likely! I'll watch owt me!

Jimandsi
03-06-2011, 20:38
I never have watched the moronic soaps and now refuse to watch any commercial / chav TV channels.

Beeb1 or Beeb2 for a couple of hours each week or else the radio for me.

Zara
03-06-2011, 21:16
http://www.arcsandsparks.com/shortwave.jpg

onelegnofeet
03-06-2011, 21:33
I never have watched the moronic soaps and now refuse to watch any commercial / chav TV channels.

Beeb1 or Beeb2 for a couple of hours each week or else the radio for me.

Radio ...........GA GA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

caroletenerife
03-06-2011, 22:00
I watch Question Time, Newsnight, QI, but i also enjoy Glee, Desperate housewives and the soaps....variety is the spice of life. And i must say i am not happy the singing dog got put out:(

DaveRF
03-06-2011, 22:06
I haven't got a problem with anyone liking or disliking anything. What does hack me off though is people judging others on what they watch on TV or read. Horses for courses and live and let live.

BrianT
03-06-2011, 22:55
I haven't got a problem with anyone liking or disliking anything. What does hack me off though is people judging others on what they watch on TV or read. Horses for courses and live and let live.

I agree with DaveRF, I personally do not watch a lot of TV but as my work means working away from home a lot just now I end up go through all the channels most of the time at night in my hotel room looking for something interesting to watch.

Angusjim
05-06-2011, 08:57
I agree with DaveRF, I personally do not watch a lot of TV but as my work means working away from home a lot just now I end up go through all the channels most of the time at night in my hotel room looking for something interesting to watch.

Yea we have all looked thru the CHANNELS in hotel rooms you naughty boy :lol::lol:

TIS
05-06-2011, 11:33
I'm with you Pitch and Putt, I won't watch any soaps. Too many people think it's real...remember the "Free Deirdre" fiasco?:)
No... Presumably this is to do with soap on TV that you don't watch???? Confused.

Added after 5 minutes:

sad, but true. No wonder the UK has gone to the dogs.

BrianT
19-06-2011, 20:40
Yea we have all looked thru the CHANNELS in hotel rooms you naughty boy :lol::lol:

Good one, although the company I work for pays the hotel expenses and if it had anything on the bill that was inappropriate I would be dismissed.

sunspot
19-06-2011, 21:44
Coronation street, Emmerdale,Deal or no Deal................love them all,this years Britains got talent was terrible but i will be watching X Factor..........

onelegnofeet
20-06-2011, 11:11
Coronation street, Emmerdale,Deal or no Deal................love them all,this years Britains got talent was terrible but i will be watching X Factor..........

WHAT!!!.............you mean you actually log off the FORUM?????:typing::typing::typing::typing::typing: :tv::popcorn:

Goforgold
20-06-2011, 11:19
Good one, although the company I work for pays the hotel expenses and if it had anything on the bill that was inappropriate I would be dismissed.

When do you finish then??!! :) :)