PDA

View Full Version : I can't print pictures.

Foz
21-11-2013, 13:42
Hi all .... me again with another computer based query! I have an HP printer and a laptop with Windows 7. The printer is connected to the laptop and prints a test page perfectly well. It will print anything I ask it to ... except pictures from my pictures folder! Anybody got any ideas? It always used to print my pictures .... but recently a friend from the Uk came to stay and he "tinkered" with my computer (it's what he does for a living!). Ever since then I can't get it to print pictures!!!!!!!!

chifleta
21-11-2013, 15:04
sometimes if you uninstall the printer driver programme and re-upload it.... my HP printer scanner suddenly stopped scanning, so I did that, and it worked...... and make sure there aren't any old driver programmes from old printers still on your system, as that could conflict...

slodgedad
21-11-2013, 15:16
Check that it is set as your default printer as sometimes it gets reset to XPS

Foz
21-11-2013, 16:48
Thanks both of you for your advice ............... have done as you suggested an still have the same prob!

Tshirt
21-11-2013, 18:43
This might sound silly but I had a problem recently where my printer (also an HP) would print some things and not others. Same from 2 PCs (Win7) on same network so suspected printer.

Bottom line. The colour cartridge needed replacing even though I didn't get any messages saying it was empty.

Might be worth a try, not cheap I know.

Foz
22-11-2013, 09:48
Thanks t shirt. If I print a page off the internet it prints it in colour so not sure that's my prob. But if all else fails I'll change the cartridge,,, you never know!!

deepdivejunkie
24-11-2013, 17:34
Get your friend to come back and "un-tinker" it :cheeky:

Foz
24-11-2013, 18:14
Mmm I spoke to him on the phone and all I could hear was a certain Cher record playing in a loop!!!! (Something about time and the turning back of it!!!!!)

deepdivejunkie
24-11-2013, 18:21
What program are you using for printing pictures?
Also, is your print queue empty?
Can you print a colour page from your web browser?

Am looking into this for you

Foz
24-11-2013, 18:35
Windows 7.
Yes.
Yes.
And a big thank you xxx

deepdivejunkie
24-11-2013, 18:39
Windows 7 is the operating system. Are you trying to print pics from word, picasa or other program?

Foz
24-11-2013, 18:44
Sorry xxx the pictures are in my pictures folder. I can print from my documents folder but not the pictures folder. If I attach the pictures to an email I can print the email but not the picture attachment. Ive tried printing using windows live photo gallery and that doesn't work.

deepdivejunkie
24-11-2013, 18:57
Have you checked the privacy settings of your pictures folder?
Also try printing from a different program eg. Picasa.. which is a free download. I use this to catalogue my photos which are in different folders throughout "My documents"

Foz
24-11-2013, 19:02
Ok .... As you have probably noticed I'm pretty useless at all this! When you say "check my privacy settings" I have no idea what you mean! Sorry x
How do I find my privacy settings?

Foz
24-11-2013, 19:17
Oh you wonderful person xxxxx I have downloaded picasa and am now happily printing off all my pics!!!! Thank you soooooo much xxx this have been driving me mad for days! Xxx

deepdivejunkie
24-11-2013, 19:20
Check your privacy sharing options for your homegroup on your computer. Read the following and check your options are the same for sharing files, pictures, music etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/44464-homegroup-change-file-folder-sharing-settings.html

Its all a bit difficult when the computer with the problem is not infront of you!