PDA

View Full Version : Health Does anyone have any time to visit my brother-in-law in Hospiten Sur, Las Americas?

Clickem
24-11-2013, 21:08
Hi, Bit of a long shot this

My Brother in Law, who is a bachelor in his late 40's was on holiday last week with mates when he was taken ill with Pancreatitis and ended up in ITU

He is in the Hospiten Sur in Las Americas. He is out of ITU now but his mates are back in the UK. Most of his kit is at the hotel, he has nothing to read and is suffering with cabin fever. We can ring him from the Uk but someone who could visit him! take him a book and get anything else that he needs would be a god send

I can give name, room number or telephone number to anyone who could help or suggest anyone or organisation that could help

TIA

Pat

AL JAY
24-11-2013, 21:31
Welcome to the forum Pat, Sorry to hear of your plight,hopefully one of our members who is over on the Reef can come to your aid! Over the years many people have been helped by the many kind members on here! Good luck!

1247sandra
24-11-2013, 22:15
When I was a patient in there some ladies came from the lions club and would bring things in for you.Are there any members on here?

amanda
24-11-2013, 23:05
When I was a patient in there some ladies came from the lions club and would bring things in for you.Are there any members on here?
Yes iam a member I shall ask for you

TOPGUN77
24-11-2013, 23:20
Hi we live out here and will be more than welcome to help someone in need pm me details etc

YOUNG GOLFER
24-11-2013, 23:28
Pm me details I can get get books to him and I will be happy to spend a little of my time for a chat.

Susief
24-11-2013, 23:35
Pm me details I can get get books to him and I will be happy to spend a little of my time for a chat.

I don't think she will be able to PM you, new member, maybe PM her with your email/contact details.

YOUNG GOLFER
25-11-2013, 00:15
I don't think she will be able to PM you, new member, maybe PM her with your email/contact details.

Just did this second susief.

Clickem
25-11-2013, 10:12
Hi

Thank you to the people that have responded, I have sent them PM's and hope that they will be able to help

I am in draughty Northumberland but we have a home on the Costa Blanca so I am aware how very kind and helpful X-Pat forums can be. I will return and give you an update in a couple of days

P.S. Before anyone else gets the wrong idea I am late 60's with a beer gut, moustache and wife of over 40 years

Malteser Monkey
25-11-2013, 10:29
Good work again by forum members:c2::c2::c2:

TOPGUN77
25-11-2013, 10:45
Ok managed to speak to Mark who is in Hospital and hope to visit him today or tomorrow.Will bring him some newspapers to read or what ever we can get.

YOUNG GOLFER
26-11-2013, 00:55
Ok managed to speak to Mark who is in Hospital and hope to visit him today or tomorrow.Will bring him some newspapers to read or what ever we can get.

Hi mate been busy today and sad to say a death in my family too....but make a time and meet somewhere I will give you some books and if he needs some fruit or chocolate anything I will meet up and give it to you.

TOPGUN77
26-11-2013, 01:27
Hi mate been busy today and sad to say a death in my family too....but make a time and meet somewhere I will give you some books and if he needs some fruit or chocolate anything I will meet up and give it to you.
Hi sorry to hear this where abouts are you based,i will be coming down to see Mark around 2,30-3.00pm

YOUNG GOLFER
26-11-2013, 01:33
Just down the road from L a Pinta in torviscas next to Amanda's bar.......

TOPGUN77
26-11-2013, 02:26
Not sure where that is can meet in Los Cristianos Paradise Park Hotel

admin
26-11-2013, 10:57
I don't think she will be able to PM you, new member, maybe PM her with your email/contact details.This is incorrect.

New members can make and receive 1 PM until they have 10 posts. This enables them to send and receive necessary information without spamming.

Once they have made 10 posts its highly unlikely they are a spammer, so the limit is lifted. The limits are set automatically.

I hope that clarifies things :) Members are always able to use the PM system, just not as freely initially.

TOPGUN77
26-11-2013, 22:32
Disapointed with YG as he promised books and fruit,but never replied in this post to meet up,any way my wife and me went to visit him and took him fruit and newspapers to which he was very grateful.Had a chat for an hour or so and seems very cheerful and was told he may be able to get a flight home on Thurs.

YOUNG GOLFER
26-11-2013, 22:48
Disapointed with YG as he promised books and fruit,but never replied in this post to meet up,any way my wife and me went to visit him and took him fruit and newspapers to which he was very grateful.Had a chat for an hour or so and seems very cheerful and was told he may be able to get a flight home on Thurs.

Your disappointed with me how dare you I never promised ........I said I would find the time to do so.....my wife has just lost her dad at 67yrs and I am two staff down in my business......and I have to collect my children from school as mummy is with her family in the UK.
I also spent most of this morning before work cleaning a bed that my daughter weed on because she was really upset........i don't know who you are but I wish we never ever get to meet.

marbro8
26-11-2013, 23:01
Disapointed with YG as he promised books and fruit,but never replied in this post to meet up,any way my wife and me went to visit him and took him fruit and newspapers to which he was very grateful.Had a chat for an hour or so and seems very cheerful and was told he may be able to get a flight home on Thurs.I, as a member am grateful for for the help that you have given to the guy in hospital thank you, but that is where it ends, young golfer has done what you have countless times??? you are just a young pretender and have much to learn, the guy you are DISAPPOINTED in has wrote the book of helping ex-pats and people in trouble, and to top it all, the poor guy was trying to help while trying to deal with a tragedy in his own family??? it beggars belief ???

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Your disappointed with me how dare you I never promised ........I said I would find the time to do so.....my wife has just lost her dad at 67yrs and I am two staff down in my business......and I have to collect my children from school as mummy is with her family in the UK.
I also spent most of this morning before work cleaning a bed that my daughter weed on because she was really upset........i don't know who you are but I wish we never ever get to meet.
Top gun are you the person that runs the forum of fun by the way ....if so we have met.i am so sorry you have suffered such a great loss mate:(, give this farce a miss for a while and concentrate on your family, they need you more than some of these idiots, and give our love and kisses to your wife and kids:( xxxx

Andy0210
26-11-2013, 23:11

When you have done as much as YG has to help people in need on here, pensioners who have been shafted by indian shops, families in need, charity collections, helped countless people on here, given to people who have had everything stolen........ The list could go on..........

At that point you have a right to criticise someone who has just lost his father in law in the last 24 hours, who is dealing alone with two very upset children who have just lost their grandad and a wife 2000 miles away who has just lost her dad, until that moment may i suggest you apologise to him for what was a very unnecessary post. I´m pretty sure that despite his caring side that is always on show on here fruit and books were quite low on his list of priorities this week.

Susief
26-11-2013, 23:43

Wow you know how to make friends Topgun!
You are well out of order! YG is a longstanding and well respected forum member!
Over the years he's gone the extra mile for many people.
YG am so sorry to hear about your father in law. Keep your chin up, those 2 little girls lucky to have such a great dad. X

Clickem
27-11-2013, 17:24
Mark is slowly improving and he is hopeful of being repatriated at the weekend. This will require a nurse flying out from the UK to accompany him back to a UK hospital. His £19 travel insurance might just be one of his best buys ever

I would like to express my thanks to those that helped and those that tried to help. The visit that he did get cheered him up no end and he says that it was “good crack”. An event like this does renew your faith in human nature

I am sorry that it has been the cause some ill feeling on the forum and I send my sympathy and condolences to “Young Golfer”

Many thanks for the kindness of those involved

Pat

candy2411
27-11-2013, 20:14
Sorry Topgun, but I'm sure you've realised by now that post was a mistake....

I think you're fairly new to this forum or you would have known YG is one of the best on here and has helped several people over the years and been nothing short of a saint.

Think an apology is overdue don't you !

warbey
27-11-2013, 21:29
[QUOTE=admin;337549]This is incorrect.

New members can make and receive 1 PM until they have 10 posts. This enables them to send and receive necessary information without spamming.

Once they have made 10 posts its highly unlikely they are a spammer, so the limit is lifted. The limits are set automatically.

If the One Post is for transmission of Joining information, surely I am correct admin

in assuming that Ten Posts are required to qualify.

This is what I have said previously. Am I wrong.?

marbro8
27-11-2013, 21:46
[QUOTE=admin;337549]This is incorrect.

If the One Post is for transmission of Joining information, surely I am correct admin

in assuming that Ten Posts are required to qualify.

This is what I have said previously. Am I wrong.?sorry don't know what happened there:laugh:

admin
27-11-2013, 23:29
[QUOTE=warbey;338001]sorry don't know what happened there:laugh:

A person may delete their PMs at any time, so it's not necessary to keep your welcome PM, though it's a good point that many new members may not understand the system so may not understand why they can't PM. Thank you for mentioning it. We will discuss increasing it to 2 or 3 maybe.