PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Lock up garage or secure parking place & associated storage room

Ken Henderson
25-11-2013, 17:52
Hi all, I am currently renting a car parking space & storage room in Los Cristianos (I am mostly living in the UK at the moment).

As I am back on the island for a few weeks, I thought I should investigate whether it would make financial sense to buy a car parking space/storage room or a sufficiently large lock up garage to store my belongings, instead of continuing to rent.

So, if you have a storage room/parking space you would like to sell, please get in touch by PM.

Ken

boredinscotland
25-11-2013, 21:32
I also thought about this, on El Mirador it is around 60 Euro a month to rent and around 8-10K to buy, community has to be paid if owned, not sure what this will be

Ken Henderson
25-11-2013, 22:09
I know of two storage rooms and associated parking spaces for currently for sale on el Mirador (spoke to the owner this afternoon) but he is looking for 12K each.......

boredinscotland
25-11-2013, 22:58
I also spoke to him, price was 10 grand a month ago, I was gonna buy same one from Gomasper for 8 grand but this person bought the last 2, prob paid 12 grand for the 2

YOUNG GOLFER
26-11-2013, 00:27
I know of two storage rooms and associated parking spaces for currently for sale on el Mirador (spoke to the owner this afternoon) but he is looking for 12K each.......

Ken did you come into my office today? If so put in a offer that we talked about...you can always go up. But if its only 60€ a month then it might be best to just rent for now.

Ken Henderson
26-11-2013, 11:34
Ken did you come into my office today? If so put in a offer that we talked about...you can always go up. But if its only 60€ a month then it might be best to just rent for now.

Yes, that was me. I don't have a good feeling about the el Mirador owner's keenness to sell as I am almost certain that these rooms have been advertised for sale for over a year now (obviously without success) and the pricing expectation seems to be going in the wrong direction!

If I could get a decent quality rental for 60E/month, I would probably stick with that (but I was unable to get close to this figure the last time I was looking) so it will be interesting to see what might turn up in the next couple of weeks and allow me to move before I return to the UK for Xmas.

boredinscotland
26-11-2013, 12:27
these 2 have been for sale around 3 years that I know of, I owned on Mirador when they were for sale and I sold 2 years ago, the bars rent the storerooms and I have only ever saw 1 for rent and that was while ago,,, when I foned the person selling the storerooms/parking spaces he also mentioned 2 locales in Mirador,,YG, is this Julio?

I offered 8 grand, he said no and that was month ago

delderek
26-11-2013, 13:51
Some parking places may be for sale in Royal Palm (underneath what was Rosie's Cantina). They are owned by: Silverpoint-Excel .

YOUNG GOLFER
26-11-2013, 14:23
these 2 have been for sale around 3 years that I know of, I owned on Mirador when they were for sale and I sold 2 years ago, the bars rent the storerooms and I have only ever saw 1 for rent and that was while ago,,, when I foned the person selling the storerooms/parking spaces he also mentioned 2 locales in Mirador,,YG, is this Julio?

I offered 8 grand, he said no and that was month ago

Hi , I have no idea mate it's not something we market in our business garages or locales. Ken just popped into the office yesterday for a chat (first time we met) and tried to give him a little advice on trying to buy one.

Pengwynne
27-11-2013, 11:45
Please realise, if you are purchasing a garage or parking space in Tenerife, you are actually buying "property".
Which means all legal requirements must be met, i.e. Notary registration, Town Hall registration, community charges (if applies),
and annual tax payments, based on the "valor catastral" of the "property".
I bought my underground parking space in 2007, which is situated in the basement of the complex where I own my apartment.
I purchased the parking space for 14,000 euros, plus legal expenses. Annual charges are, 80 euros community charge
and 36 euros "imputed" tax payments.
I have never regretted in buying the parking space for "peace of mind" purposes, knowing my car is as safe as it can be.

boredinscotland
27-11-2013, 11:52
My space on Mirador was 12K when apartment was sold off plan, both came together but different Finca numbers so could be split and sold separate, I used it maybe 6 times in 6 years

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Ken, where did u see these lock-ups advertised? there is a phone number on doors of them underneath Mirador,that is where I got number from

Ken Henderson
27-11-2013, 13:36
My space on Mirador was 12K when apartment was sold off plan, both came together but different Finca numbers so could be split and sold separate, I used it maybe 6 times in 6 years

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Ken, where did u see these lock-ups advertised? there is a phone number on doors of them underneath Mirador,that is where I got number from

My current room/space is at el Mirador so I got the contact number from the door like yourself. El Mirador is a nice place to have storage, my only concern is that my current rental cost is relatively high and I would like a lower cost solution over the longer term.

Please realise, if you are purchasing a garage or parking space in Tenerife, you are actually buying "property".
Which means all legal requirements must be met, i.e. Notary registration, Town Hall registration, community charges (if applies),
and annual tax payments, based on the "valor catastral" of the "property".
I bought my underground parking space in 2007, which is situated in the basement of the complex where I own my apartment.
I purchased the parking space for 14,000 euros, plus legal expenses. Annual charges are, 80 euros community charge
and 36 euros "imputed" tax payments.
I have never regretted in buying the parking space for "peace of mind" purposes, knowing my car is as safe as it can be.

Thanks for your info, the legal & tax costs associated with the purchase/sale in Tenerife are a bit of a pain and push the likely financial break even point a fair way into the future compared to renting. However, the "peace of mind" benefit is a definite plus and if the purchase price is right........

boredinscotland
27-11-2013, 17:56
Ken, offer 14 grand for both and I will take the other one and will split costs 50/50 with you

Ken Henderson
28-11-2013, 22:30
Ken, offer 14 grand for both and I will take the other one and will split costs 50/50 with you

I don't fancy my chances with the owner, but feel free to have another go yourself :) :)

boredinscotland
29-11-2013, 12:01
The trouble with some people selling is they won't drop price, would rather have something 10 years than sell, better with a little bit of something than a big bit of nothing

BrianT
01-12-2013, 00:19
We are looking to purchase a trastero in the complex we own in, after an online search one estate agent had 6 (yes 6 advertised) for sale. I contacted them to be told they need to contact the owners to see if they are still for sale, reply came back they had a garage space and trastero available for 21 thousand euros. Needless to say that was the end of our interest with that estate agent.
PS our complex is further up the hill from El Mirador.

boredinscotland
01-12-2013, 05:20
I got offered Mirador one for 10K, I offered guy 8K, he said no, these ones are quiet big, lot bigger than some complexes

BrianT
01-12-2013, 21:21
Morfitt properties have 1 advertised in El Mirador, if you click for further details they say they have 2 available at 7500 euros. It looks tight with pillars both sides that is if it is still for sale.

Ken Henderson
01-12-2013, 22:02
Morfitt properties have 1 advertised in El Mirador, if you click for further details they say they have 2 available at 7500 euros. It looks tight with pillars both sides that is if it is still for sale.

These spaces are still for sale (they are quite close to the space/room I am currently renting). The problem is that they have no associated storage rooms and 7500 for a parking space only is way too much!

The search goes on.....

boredinscotland
01-12-2013, 22:20
These spaces are still for sale (they are quite close to the space/room I am currently renting). The problem is that they have no associated storage rooms and 7500 for a parking space only is way too much!

The search goes on.....
I had one of these, was 12 grand, I bought somebodies contract off plan so basically apartment came with space but cost 12 grand more. It is the size of a car, not a lot for ur money but lock-ups are something that will always have a use plus be in demand at the right money

MIKE H
02-12-2013, 18:58
Hi, I have two Parking spaces in El Mirador for sale or rent but have no associated Trasteros.

Kimpy
09-10-2014, 22:37
Hi Ken,

I have just put up for sale a very large lock up garage in Victoria court 2 - See details in the property for sale section