PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork How do I get a residencia for a baby?

Northern Monkey
25-11-2013, 19:40
Hi All,

I hope you can help as I am having trouble getting residency for my baby. We have lived here for nearly 5 years and my other 2 children are in school here. 4 of us (My partner, me and 2 of my kids) have residency. I am currently starting a new business and therefore have no way of showing income at the moment.

Recently I went to the Guardia office in Puerto to get our youngest his residency doc and was told he couldn't have it as I needed to prove I was working and receiving a ridiculous sum per annum (I think she said 30,000).

This is an impossible situation, we are currently living off a very small sum of money per month ( a hand out from the in-laws) until the new business starts and it is making money and therefore I can't show them anything.

This is causing serious problems as I am unable to get a blue card to cover my baby's health and if it carries on we will have to go home.

Can anyone shed any light on this? Anyone else had similar problems or know what I can do?

bonitatime
25-11-2013, 19:58
Are you paying autonomo
How are you doing tax returns?
With those two documents you should not need to justify anything else

Northern Monkey
25-11-2013, 20:32
Thanks for the reply Bonitatime,

I'm not paying anything because I'm not working or being paid,

bonitatime
25-11-2013, 21:31
Now I see your problem
If i remember you need 6.000 euros in a bank account plus médical Insurance if you are not working

Northern Monkey
25-11-2013, 21:47
ok thanks, its a bit of a nightmare because until the business is up and running we're stuck between a rock and a hard place. Can't show 6,000 in an account or pay for medical insurance...

bonitatime
26-11-2013, 16:26
Have you thought about private medical insurance till you get things sorted out. I know it's hard but to have a baby with no option of medical care would scare me
Ask @goldmaniac on here as she is really helpful she may have some ideas

sunseeker
26-11-2013, 22:22
Do you have a friend who you can make an agreement with? They give you a contract and you pay the social. Until you get your business up and running