PDA

View Full Version : Other Which water in Tenerife is safe for babies to drink?

Emarfrog
25-11-2013, 22:42
Can anyone let me know which brands of 8litre bottles of drinking water is safe to be used here for babies bottles? Thanks :-)

primrose
25-11-2013, 23:08
Can anyone let me know which brands of 8litre bottles of drinking water is safe to be used here for babies bottles? Thanks :-)

Fonteide, it has a picture of a baby on the back of the bottle.

YOUNG GOLFER
26-11-2013, 00:57
Most bottled water is fine and to be on the safe side you can always boil it before.

junglejim
26-11-2013, 06:00
The issue with bottled water is mainly to do with dissolved solids and heavy metal content being low ,most bottled water here complies easily .
I'm not sure of brand but the one with Baby Face on it does , some of the complexes with the water purifying machines (eg Los Geranios ) comply too as they remove a great deal of dissolved solids by Reverse Osmosis .

russell
27-11-2013, 01:23
slightly off tangent why are we advised not to drink tap water in Tenerife or the rest of spain when holidaying there the locals do ?

Susief
27-11-2013, 09:16
slightly off tangent why are we advised not to drink tap water in Tenerife or the rest of spain when holidaying there the locals do ?

It tastes disgusting and has a lot of calcium/elements in it.

bonitatime
27-11-2013, 09:49
The water in The Adeje área is drinkable but has very high levels of chlorine and salts
No one I know drinks it
It is safe but general opinion for tourists seems to be your stomach needs to get used to different water so easier to reccommend not to drink it so there is no upset

ribuck
27-11-2013, 09:51

The Tenerife tap water is treated enough that it is not harmful to drink. Some people won't drink it because of the taste, even some locals.

The taste varies enormously across the island. In my opinion, by far the worst is from the desalination plant in the Valle Santiago. Some parts of the north have beautifully sweet tap water, as good as anywhere in the world.