PDA

View Full Version : Television TV documentary seeks extrovert over 60s in Tenerife.

Aretha
27-11-2013, 19:57
****Spoken to administrator about this post*****

Channel 5 will be making an observational documentary: (Working Title: ‘Growing Old Disgracefully’) an exploration of the lives of British senior citizens who refuse to reach for the cocoa and slippers, but instead are determined to live life to the full on the Island of Tenerife.

We are keen to speak to both expats and holiday goers to the island who are real extroverts! So, you might love clubbing and hitting the local bars and can party just as hard as the youngsters! Maybe you’re an adrenalin junkie and into extreme sports, or you love to entertain and be the centre of attention!

Filming will take place during the spring of 2014 (Feb/March), so if you think you fit the bill and might be interested in taking part in the program please get in touch now.

aretha.holmes@barcroftproductions.com

Tom & Sharon
28-11-2013, 09:42
God, do you really have to make this?

I know exactly the type of people who will show up, and it will show Tenerife in the worst light ever.

TOTO 99
28-11-2013, 10:05
If you can bring the filming date forward Lucky's meet up on GDS is guaranteed to have what you're looking for...:laugh:

Angusjim
28-11-2013, 10:11
How old is 9Plus:laugh:

TOTO 99
28-11-2013, 10:16
How old is 9Plus:laugh:

Going off his posts....11....:laugh:

Malteser Monkey
28-11-2013, 10:18

I know exactly the type of people who will show up, and it will show Tenerife in the worst light ever.

That's no way to talk about Forum Members even if you are right:D:cheeky:

Angusjim
28-11-2013, 10:24

Thought you were only 50:confused::cheeky:

Tom & Sharon
28-11-2013, 10:29
Thought you were only 50:confused::cheeky:

We are! And if we were 60, I wouldn't be anywhere near. I dread to think who'll be on it!

Malteser Monkey
28-11-2013, 10:30
Leading Roles

AJ and Lucky :whistle:

Tom & Sharon
28-11-2013, 10:33
"Tenerife uncovered" will have nothing on this, and that was bad enough.

Malteser Monkey
28-11-2013, 10:35
"Tenerife uncovered" will have nothing on this, and that was bad enough.

I'd forgotten about that

TOTO 99
28-11-2013, 10:39
I hope they're no gonna be uncovered.....doesn't bear thinking about..:laugh:

Malteser Monkey
28-11-2013, 10:43

I was just glad they made that documentary after I'd left the Island:crylaughing:

Tom & Sharon
28-11-2013, 10:50

What, you don't like 60 pluses walking about near naked? These were taken on Golf del Sur..........

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

What, you don't like 60 pluses walking about near naked? These were taken on Golf del Sur..........

TOTO 99
28-11-2013, 10:53

Well you're both looking ok for fifty........better than me anyway..:laugh:

Malteser Monkey
28-11-2013, 10:56
Well you're both looking ok for fifty........better than me anyway..:laugh:

I'd better wait til I get home to open those - I may get sacked !:wow:

TOTO 99
28-11-2013, 11:00
I'd better wait til I get home to open those - I may get sacked !:wow:

Probably for the best.

There's a line even Channel 5 won't cross...:laugh:

sunseeker
28-11-2013, 13:21

Omg. No more please!

Angusjim
28-11-2013, 13:25

You & Tom's have let yourselves go a bit:fpull::laugh:

warbey
28-11-2013, 21:51
You & Tom's have let yourselves go a bit:fpull::laugh:

Angusjim. Let Me know how You get on with the white bits.

This could be My 15 Seconds of Fame Mate........:D:D :flatcap::flatcap:

Shame about MM. Started forgetting things.!.....:confused::confused: :flatcap::flatcap:

marbro8
28-11-2013, 22:42
it is the only time in my life i have wished i was older:(:D

Malteser Monkey
29-11-2013, 10:29
it is the only time in my life i have wished i was older:(:D

just the one year ?:cheeky:

princessmonika
29-11-2013, 10:59
why do older people think others like to look at an old body-- rolleyes2::cheers2:

Malteser Monkey
29-11-2013, 11:03
why do older people think

:D:respect:

Tshirt
29-11-2013, 12:10
Behave !!

The older you get the less you give a ****e what other people think, :old: ;)

Malteser Monkey
29-11-2013, 12:13
Behave !!

The older you get the less you give a ****e what other people think, :old: ;)

You mean you don't give a monkies:cheeky:

TOTO 99
29-11-2013, 12:17
Considering the filming dates they have in mind, half the volunteers will be dead before it starts..:lol:

Malteser Monkey
29-11-2013, 12:22
Considering the filming dates they have in mind, half the volunteers will be dead before it starts..:lol:

Ahhh but at lest then you'll have the chance to audition:respect:

TOTO 99
29-11-2013, 12:24
Ahhh but at lest then you'll have the chance to audition:respect:

Lol..you've gotta be over 60 to look at me with nothing on....:lol:

Malteser Monkey
29-11-2013, 12:30
Lol..you've gotta be over 60 to look at me with nothing on....:lol:

melm come in !:hide:

melm
29-11-2013, 15:03
melm come in !:hide:

:crylaughing::scared:

the very thought of it
when I take off my specs look not toooooooooooo bad with the specs........say no more.:wow:

Most people seem to leave their brains at home when they go abroad and just let it all hang out:nono:

Malteser Monkey
29-11-2013, 15:13
:crylaughing::scared:

the very thought of it
when I take off my specs look not toooooooooooo bad with the specs........say no more.:wow:

Most people seem to leave their brains at home when they go abroad and just let it all hang out:nono:

Shame they don't take their brains and leave their ........:bootyshake:

melm
29-11-2013, 15:16
Shame they don't take their brains and leave their ........:bootyshake:

:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing:

chifleta
29-11-2013, 21:11

What has been seen can never been un-seen.......... aghhhh my eyes are bleeding LOL

thank goodness for youtube.... i've never seen Tenerife Uncovered.... hmmm classy, i'm 3 minutes into part 1 and am wondering how much more I could watch ..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urszfzznCZ4

johnr
30-11-2013, 15:21
I too have concerns about the people selected to be interviewed. The island tourist board spend millions trying to attract people to the island. Previous films about the island tend to show the worst they can find. British senior citizens come to the island to escape the ravages of the winter. They enjoy the good weather, they enjoy dining out, taking in the various shows in the bars and living life to the full without dancing on the tables. Sure there are one or two exhibitionists who love to be the centre of attention. I wish film makers would do their research before they decide on "the title of a programme" and then try to fit scenarios into it.
If they wanted to make a film about "swallows" and resident seniors they should have come and experienced life. I hazard a guess that these film makers are all relatively "younger" people, who see the world through young eyes.
Hope they don't portray the island and older visitors and residents in a poor light.
****Spoken to administrator about this post*****

Channel 5 will be making an observational documentary: (Working Title: ‘Growing Old Disgracefully’) an exploration of the lives of British senior citizens who refuse to reach for the cocoa and slippers, but instead are determined to live life to the full on the Island of Tenerife.

We are keen to speak to both expats and holiday goers to the island who are real extroverts! So, you might love clubbing and hitting the local bars and can party just as hard as the youngsters! Maybe you’re an adrenalin junkie and into extreme sports, or you love to entertain and be the centre of attention!

Filming will take place during the spring of 2014 (Feb/March), so if you think you fit the bill and might be interested in taking part in the program please get in touch now.

aretha.holmes@barcroftproductions.com

slodgedad
30-11-2013, 18:59
I too have concerns about the people selected to be interviewed. The island tourist board spend millions trying to attract people to the island. Previous films about the island tend to show the worst they can find. British senior citizens come to the island to escape the ravages of the winter. They enjoy the good weather, they enjoy dining out, taking in the various shows in the bars and living life to the full without dancing on the tables. Sure there are one or two exhibitionists who love to be the centre of attention. I wish film makers would do their research before they decide on "the title of a programme" and then try to fit scenarios into it.
If they wanted to make a film about "swallows" and resident seniors they should have come and experienced life. I hazard a guess that these film makers are all relatively "younger" people, who see the world through young eyes.
Hope they don't portray the island and older visitors and residents in a poor light.

Must admit that that occured to me too.

Have been interviewed by the press and TV in a past life and what is broadcast bears no resemblance to what your original interview contained.

Let's just hope it is a true relection of the interviewee's point of view and not another knock down, tenerife bashing interprepretation of the interviewer

(My personal opininion and does not reflect my status on the Forum)

warbey
30-11-2013, 21:52

The general Public appear to reward Sensationalism. The word Extrovert hints about Characters They hope to Feature

or Those who can make a Spectacle of Themselves

Am over 60's Get Me out of Here updated and uncensored(unedited) would fit the Bill.

I Personally find Shows like this Embarassing and Juvenile, but Each to His own.

Jabba43
01-12-2013, 10:17
To the filmmaker please read this and go somewhere else please http://tenerifevirgins.wordpress.com/2009/06/16/the-british-are-the-curse-of-tenerife/

It is just going to make the false impression that already exists even worse.

sundownersvince
01-12-2013, 20:00
There is plenty of room on Tenerife for all sorts of people. 10+ years ago the place was buzzing and then they decided to go 'up market'. Result? Kids now go elsewhere and us old gits have got no attractive youngsters to drool over (sad I know). Planes are full of old people now, at 59 I'm now amongst the youngest. Hopefully the 'New Europeans' will bring some new blood in, at the moment it looks like Eastbourne in the sun. Yes I like a drink and often too many but then again it would be rude not to at €1 a pint eh? Of course I wouldnt expect to meet any of you snobs in such bars, thank God for that. I look forward to the program Channel 5.

Jabba43
01-12-2013, 20:17
There is plenty of room on Tenerife for all sorts of people. 10+ years ago the place was buzzing and then they decided to go 'up market'. Result? Kids now go elsewhere and us old gits have got no attractive youngsters to drool over (sad I know). Planes are full of old people now, at 59 I'm now amongst the youngest. Hopefully the 'New Europeans' will bring some new blood in, at the moment it looks like Eastbourne in the sun. Yes I like a drink and often too many but then again it would be rude not to at €1 a pint eh? Of course I wouldnt expect to meet any of you snobs in such bars, thank God for that. I look forward to the program Channel 5.

Heh Vince, not that this program is going to bring any more young totty as the subject is over 65:) I am with you there.

Did you see "what happens in kavos" last week on channel4. I have to say it is not a great advert for Corfu and I expect this channel 5 documentary would be done in a similar way with some sarcastic narrator mocking some old people getting bladdered in flamboyant shirts or something.

Well at least it is channel 5 so no one will see it.

warbey
01-12-2013, 20:20
[QUOTE=

Well at least it is channel 5 so no one will see it.[/QUOTE]

All Your Neighbours would, that's for sure.....

sundownersvince
01-12-2013, 20:46
Have seen some similar to the Kavos program, think us old 'uns are just a teeny bit jealous. I dont have any flamboyant shirts or indeed any football shirts so I guess I wont be appearing on TV, shame.

essexeddie
01-12-2013, 20:59

I think I prefer it as it is, who wants a load of drunken kids roaming about, and all the childish hassle on the plane coming over. No thanks

marbro8
01-12-2013, 21:05
I think I prefer it as it is, who wants a load of drunken kids roaming about, and all the childish hassle on the plane coming over. No thanksor the plane load of "travelers" we endured last year:lol:

woolli
01-12-2013, 21:17
Doesnt matter who you travel with, get to tenerife and enjoy!