PDA

View Full Version : Is another Delta on its way?

Canarian Weekly
06-12-2013, 13:10
NEARLY eight years to the day since Tropical Storm Delta struck the Canary Islands, a similar threat could be heading in our direction. Meteorologists are closely monitoring an Invest 90L, which is currently in the Atlantic Ocean. An Invest is a designated area of disturbed weather, which has the potential to become a tropical storm. [...]

More... (http://www.canarianweekly.com/delta-way/)

chifleta
06-12-2013, 13:20
According to the following: NOPE ... this is for those of you that only read the headline of this thread ;) which is how scare-mongering starts... :

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=565793756822877&set=a.141756592559931.29053.141243542611236&type=1&relevant_count=1

ACANMET Asociación Canaria de Meteorología WROTE:

Como muchos habrán visto en medios de comunicación, foros, etc... Tenemos un sistema de bajas presiones situadas al oeste de Canarias que tiene características subtropicales, y el NHC (Centro Nacional de Huracanes) tiene bajo investigación, aunque oficialmente no lo ha nombrado como Subtropical ni Tropical.

Sin embargo, desde ACANMET queremos dejar claro estos puntos, y recomendamos únicamente creer información oficial como es la procedente de la AEMET:

Es FALSO que vaya a surgir de ahí un ciclón tropical como el DELTA y afecte a Canarias.
Es CIERTO que Canarias durante las próximas horas y días se verá probablemente afectada por lluvias y tormentas, especialmente las más occidentales.
Es FALSO que estas lluvias sean debidas directamente al ciclón "subtropical".
Es CIERTO que si se deben indirectamente al ciclón subtropical.
Es CIERTO que el ciclón subtropical poco a poco va a ir debilitándose sin acercarse a Canarias.

Para la semana que viene los modelos SI están mostrando que algo importante puede venir, aunque AÚN está por ver.

"Bing Translation": ACANMET Asociación Canaria de meteorology

As many have seen in media, forums, etc... We have a system of low pressure located to the West of Canary Islands which has subtropical characteristics, and the NHC (National Hurricane Center) has under investigation, although it has not officially named as Subtropical or Tropical.

However, since ACANMET we want to make these points clear, and only recommend believe official information as it is the coming of the AEMET:

It is false that will arise from a tropical cyclone as the DELTA and affect to the Canary Islands.
It is true that Canary Islands during the next few hours and days will be probably affected by rains and storms, especially the more Western.
It is false that these rains are due directly to the "subtropical" cyclone.
It is true that if due indirectly to the subtropical cyclone.
It is true that the subtropical cyclone will gradually go to weaken without approaching Canary.

For the coming week models if they are to show that something important may come, although it is yet to be seen.

bonitatime
08-12-2013, 10:58
This is an appalling headline, suitable only for the sun and the star.

Malteser Monkey
08-12-2013, 12:24
http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/weather/maps/satellite?LANG=en&STRUCTUR=maps&CREG=d5if&CONT=afri&BIG=0&LOOP=12

just seen this - not sure what will come of it, could just fade out

canarybird
08-12-2013, 13:09
It does look like something is on its way doesn't it.

Perhaps it's just cloud, although the forecast says some strong winds are expected for the south and northeast of Tenerife.

Funny that as the cloud mass is coming in from the west.

http://canarybird.smugmug.com/Other/Weather-II-TNF-North/i-3vSfLvp/0/M/SAT%2024%20dec.%208-M.jpg

Link to animated version of SAT 24. (http://www.sat24.com/en/ce?ir=true)

At the moment winds are coming in from the south and it's lovely and warm here in Pto. de la Cruz.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Now we have yellow and orange alerts for high winds Monday and Tuesday.

I mentioned it on the north weather report (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?23978-Current-weather-in-North-Tenerife-as-reported-by-forum-members&p=340482&viewfull=1#post340482).

Malteser Monkey
09-12-2013, 10:57
Has it passed - whatever it is ?

primrose
09-12-2013, 11:04
Very windy in Los Cristianos. Change that to very very windy.

canarybird
09-12-2013, 11:08
No, it's on its way MM. Yellow alert winds for today, orange alert for winds tomorrow (gusts of up to 100 kph in middle and high altitudes) and heavy rain and wind on Wednesday.

Right now we also have some calima. Sky is very overcast and it's very calm outside, at least in Pto. de la Cruz.

Malteser Monkey
09-12-2013, 11:13
No, it's on its way MM. Yellow alert winds for today, orange alert for winds tomorrow (gusts of up to 100 kph in middle and high altitudes) and heavy rain and wind on Wednesday.

Right now we also have some calima. Sky is very overcast and it's very calm outside, at least in Pto. de la Cruz.

Ohhh ok keep us posted CB

TIGER LILY
09-12-2013, 11:54
Typical......Only just talked Hubby into putting my outside Xmas Decs up. Then this horrible wind starts coming all around. He won't be talked into going up any ladders now LOL. :cheeky:
Already had to rescue my washing off the line early this morning in Callao. Hope it goes away soon.

canarybird
09-12-2013, 12:00
Again it looks like the south is getting the weather before us folks in the north. Here it's dead calm.

http://canarybird.smugmug.com/Other/Weather-II-TNF-North/i-f7wQHB2/0/M/P1210168-M.jpg

primrose
09-12-2013, 12:05
I was going to put my decorations up outside but will wait till after Wednesday when the wind is supposed to die down, or they could end up in El Hierro,

Malteser Monkey
09-12-2013, 12:08
I was going to put my decorations up outside but will wait till after Wednesday when the wind is supposed to die down, or they could end up in El Hierro,

:crylaughing:

I'll let cainaries know - they may divert to La Palma !:lol:

primrose
09-12-2013, 12:19
:crylaughing:

I'll let cainaries know - they may divert to La Palma !:lol:

Could well do.If she finds garlands and lights on her terrace tell her I would like them back please.You never know they might even divert to the Forum, think that's the only way we are going to get anything Chrismassy this year.:snowman::santa::christmascheer::snowflake::r udolf:

Malteser Monkey
09-12-2013, 12:36
Could well do.If she finds garlands and lights on her terrace tell her I would like them back please.You never know they might even divert to the Forum, think that's the only way we are going to get anything Chrismassy this year.:snowman::santa::christmascheer::snowflake::r udolf:

You may well be right there - bar humbugs

Had to laugh when I read Garlands I thought garters ! what you doing stringing up garters outside :cheeky::lol:

LUCKY
09-12-2013, 13:57
You may well be right there - bar humbugs

Had to laugh when I read Garlands I thought garters ! what you doing stringing up garters outside :cheeky::lol:

Maybe they are for Behind the BP garage ( Canarian weekly adverts personal sevices section):bounce::flatcap:

lynnangela
10-12-2013, 00:19
We have just got back to GDS after spending the evening in Los Cris, its starting to get quite hair raising there with high winds, sand storm off the beach and crashing waves. The waiters in the restaurant we were in had to make a mad dash to gather up all the tables and chairs and bring them inside. Winds are really picking up here on GDS now as well. I was quite relieved to get back indoors, and I think that's where I will be staying until this calms down!.

KirstyJay
10-12-2013, 01:46
There is an alerta on the Gobierno de Canarias website (http://www.gobiernodecanarias.org/educacion) and schools may be closed on Wednesday.

Alerta máxima por lluvias y vientos que pueden afectar a la provincia de Santa Cruz de Tenerife. Se suspenden todas las actividades lectivas ordinarias y extraescolares en los centros educativos no universitarios de Tenerife, La Palma, La Gomera y El Hierro el martes 10 de diciembre, a partir de las 15.00 horas y hasta nuevo aviso. Información actualizada en el 012.

canarybird
10-12-2013, 12:22
Yes and now it's a red alert today for heavy rains, orange alert for winds and yellow alert for coastal waves and thunderstorms.

Sounds quite exciting, but here in Puerto de la Cruz there hasn't been a puff of wind all during the night or this morning. Not a leaf is stirring.

I ran outside last night and moved all the patio pots and furniture and my neighbours are cutting down the tall branches of one of their trees, just to be ready.

I wonder when this will start....they say around 3 pm today. We'll wait and see!

Oh there was a slight movement of the branches of the little tree outside my window just now. It's 11:20 am and the temperature is 20.8°C.

http://canarybird.smugmug.com/Other/Weather-II-TNF-North/i-sK38ZbX/0/L/Dec.%2010%2C%202013%20WX-L.jpg

The same is predicted for tomorrow and again on Thursday with a little less rain.

Fred Perry
10-12-2013, 12:39
RED ALERT NOW FOR TENERIFE. IT CANNOT BE STATED HOW DANGEROUS THIS WEATHER COULD BE. RED ALERT MEANS DO NOT LEAVE THE HOUSE - STARTS FROM 6PM TODAY. KEEP SAFE. Admin; can this be put on "general fórum" where most people visit? The more people that know the better.

http://i41.tinypic.com/etgl1s.png

Roscoe
10-12-2013, 13:38
This is an appalling headline, suitable only for the sun and the star.

STILL think the headline is appalling? The CW Flagged up last week that this could happen and while it's not a TS it is the first red alert for high rain since Delta.

We don't put out "Daily Express or Star" style headlines for no reason.

slodgedad
10-12-2013, 14:30
Just had a call from the Canarian Health Service, who usually pick me up every day to take me to the clinic, and was informed that all 'Non Urgente' ambulances have been cancelled for 2 days.

LUCKY
10-12-2013, 14:59
Just had a call from the Canarian Health Service, who usually pick me up every day to take me to the clinic, and was informed that all 'Non Urgente' ambulances have been cancelled for 2 days.

And just as importantly tonights Mini Meet at GDS as been cancelled

princessmonika
10-12-2013, 15:27
right now raining in amarilla golf

lesbroz
10-12-2013, 15:37
Had a few spots of rain here in Callao, but that has stopped now. Could be the calm before the...............

slodgedad
10-12-2013, 16:50
Very dark here in Las Chafiras but no wind or rain as yet. It's definitely on it's way though, by the lookof the sky.

canarybird
10-12-2013, 16:55
Windy here in the north (Pto. Cruz) since around 2:30 pm but nothing extreme. Some dry palm branches down and leaves in the garden; a couple of lightweight pots tipped over.
Some dark clouds in the sky but no rain yet here either.

http://canarybird.smugmug.com/Other/Weather-II-TNF-North/32978764_BkJWK3#!i=2960546742&k=PsCSKWv&lb=1&s=L

princessmonika
10-12-2013, 17:01
we had a bit of rain , but so far not bad-- but it looks like a lot more to come down in amarilla

Suej
10-12-2013, 17:25
Not too bad here in Chayofa just at the moment! but my neighbour has just been sent home from work (That's a first in 5 years)and has been told not to even attempt to go in tomorrow if this storm hits! :scared:

lynnangela
10-12-2013, 17:30
4.30pm just a little rain here on GDS at the moment, people are still out on the golf course but with brollys up! you got to admire their tenacity!

Malteser Monkey
10-12-2013, 17:38
4.30pm just a little rain here on GDS at the moment, people are still out on the golf course but with brollys up! you got to admire their tenacity!

it's nothing to what they are used to playing in here - must all be tourists :cheeky::lol:

Good luck everyone keep safe !

Santiago
10-12-2013, 18:25
Looking a bit rough over to the south! http://www.parquesantiago.com/webcam/webparque4.html

Looking a bit rough over to the south! http://www.parquesantiago.com/webcam/webparque4.html

slodgedad
10-12-2013, 21:05
Still virtually nothing in Las Chafiras, mild shower, no wind. I'm gobsmacked to read the weather reports, here and on Facebook, about places not 10 miles away.
Been expecting it all day with the dark skies, but it hasn't rained enough YET to have to bring the washing in.

golf birdie
10-12-2013, 21:13
Still virtually nothing in Las Chafiras, mild shower, no wind. I'm gobsmacked to read the weather reports, here and on Facebook, about places not 10 miles away.
Been expecting it all day with the dark skies, but it hasn't rained enough YET to have to bring the washing in.

the real bad weather will not happen until mid afternoon tomorrow if at all. If it hits it will be very, very heavy rain and very strong gusts of wind and it will last for a few hours.

Suej
10-12-2013, 21:13

We keep looking out wondering when the storm will arrive! very calm here! mild and dry! Should I bite my tongue now?:doh:

slodgedad
10-12-2013, 21:21
the real bad weather will not happen until mid afternoon tomorrow if at all. If it hits it will be very, very heavy rain and very strong gusts of wind and it will last for a few hours.

We keep looking out wondering when the storm will arrive! very calm here! mild and dry! Should I bite my tongue now?:doh:
If it wasn't for the fact that others who I know, have posted here and on Facebook, are actually experiencing the storm, I would have thought it was a bit of a hoax.
(Fingers staying firmly crossed)

Suej
10-12-2013, 21:32
If it wasn't for the fact that others who I know, have posted here and on Facebook, are actually experiencing the storm, I would have thought it was a bit of a hoax.
(Fingers staying firmly crossed)

Last edited by slodgedad; Today at 20:23. Reason: seplling
This is the best laugh I've had all day Slodge!!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

essexeddie
10-12-2013, 22:21
Been windy for the last two days in LC with a little rain.
We had a two hour power cut this afternoon, but it was a couple sparkys working on a sub station to our complex. There was a bang in there while they were working in it.:wow:

JaBBa
10-12-2013, 23:47
Taken from Puerto colon apparently

marbro8
11-12-2013, 00:06

5182omgeek2:, but the first one looks like it has been made up???

lynnangela
11-12-2013, 00:21

That has to be a hoax, im only a few miles from Puerto colon and its not even raining, and barely a breeze here. Where did those pictures come from?

woolli
11-12-2013, 00:24
omgeek2:, but the first one looks like it has been made up???

Both are made up Marbs! If the storm is coming, its not here yet, and, hopefully, thats how it stays!

essexeddie
11-12-2013, 00:35
That has to be a hoax, im only a few miles from Puerto colon and its not even raining, and barely a breeze here. Where did those pictures come from?

May have been on Monday

slodgedad
11-12-2013, 01:02
I've seen those pictures before. Theyare enhanced pictures of old occurences. Nothing to do with the current weather.
Still waiting for wind and rain here.

JaBBa
11-12-2013, 01:14
Thought it was strange that i ain't heard of any freak weather there,was sent them from F/B....

My appols guys.....:doh:

slodgedad
11-12-2013, 01:20
This thread is a bit scary.

Just been for my usual pre bedtime walk (hobble) and it's so still it's eerie. Hope it's not the 'calm before the storm'

LUCKY
11-12-2013, 08:49
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-107509/Five-die-floods-hit-Tenerife.html

http://www.islandconnections.eu/1000003/1000043/0/41573/daily-news-article.html

http://www.canarianweekly.com/tenerife-hit-storm-trouble/

Its just gone daybreak here at Lower GDS it came light then went dark and the thunder and lightning as just started no rain yet

princessmonika
11-12-2013, 09:21
it is raining now in amarilla golf--

primrose
11-12-2013, 09:32
Been thundering and lightening since 5-30 at Los Cris just constant and now torrential rain.From our balcony you can normally see over to El Hierro,La Gomera, Las Americas, Adeje and all the way round and up to Teide but can see nothing all blotted out with the rain, there is lightening every way you look.And my OH is sleeping through it all.

LUCKY
11-12-2013, 09:35
high winds and rain visibilty now 300 mts at Lower gds

lynnangela
11-12-2013, 09:47
I woke up at 8.15, everything was calm, no rain virtually no wind, but the sky seemed to be a bit of a sickly yellow colour. I could see then down across the golf course towards Los Abrigos and Montana Roja. There was some occasion lighting and some distant thunder. At 8.30 everything changed quite suddenly, torrential rain strong winds and much more thunder and lighting. The weirdest thing though was as the storm started so did my doorbell! and the damn thing wont go off, so Ive had to flip a switch on the board which has put a few lights out as well, buty at this rate we may not have electric for much longer in any case lol.

Its all very exciting at the moment. lets hope it stays exciting and does not deteriorate into terrifying! Good luck everyone!

I woke up at 8.15, everything was calm, no rain virtually no wind, but the sky seemed to be a bit of a sickly yellow colour. I could see then down across the golf course towards Los Abrigos and Montana Roja. There was some occasion lighting and some distant thunder. At 8.30 everything changed quite suddenly, torrential rain strong winds and much more thunder and lighting. The weirdest thing though was as the storm started so did my doorbell! and the damn thing wont go off, so Ive had to flip a switch on the board which has put a few lights out as well, but at this rate we may not have electric for much longer in any case lol.

Its all very exciting at the moment. lets hope it stays exciting and does not deteriorate into terrifying! Good luck everyone!

LUCKY
11-12-2013, 10:11
[QUOTE=lynnangela;341176]I woke up at 8.15, everything was calm, no rain virtually no wind, but the sky seemed to be a bit of a sickly yellow colour. I could see then down across the golf course towards Los Abrigos and Montana Roja. There was some occasion lighting and some distant thunder. At 8.30 everything changed quite suddenly, torrential rain strong winds and much more thunder and lighting. The weirdest thing though was as the storm started so did my doorbell! and the damn thing wont go off, so Ive had to flip a switch on the board which has put a few lights out as well, buty at this rate we may not have electric for much longer in any case lol.
)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
I know you are in there cos i heard the bell ring , Then you turned it off the lights inside flickered , Please let me in i am Bl**DY soaked wet through , And in case you have not noticed its thundering and lightning out here:flatcap:

princessmonika
11-12-2013, 10:15
it ia terrifying right now -- bugger

Malteser Monkey
11-12-2013, 10:15
any pics or any video footage ?

Blimey you'd think you'd never seen a bit of rain and thunder :whistle::cheeky::lol:

princessmonika
11-12-2013, 10:24
malteser are you in tenerife right now????????

LUCKY
11-12-2013, 10:25

Blimey you'd think you'd never seen a bit of rain and thunder :whistle::cheeky::lol:

I would gladly swap with you , Now will you leave us alone and report on you trival weather:devil2:
Now all Members of the Forum in Tenerife , Let us sing once again
The sun as got is hat on and is coming out to play:mopping:

primrose
11-12-2013, 10:25

But this isn't a bit of rain and thunder, just been watching the forked lightening hitting the sea and the whole building just shook with the thunder it's been going on 4 hours now was up at 5-30, and I have to go out in it later.The roundabout at the bottom of the road at Paloma Beach is like a floating Island.Just watched a Thomas Cook coach going to pick people up glad I am not flying in this.This is getting ridiculous the worst I have know it in Tenerife and now the lights keep dipping.

I would gladly swap with you , Now will you leave us alone and report on you trival weather:devil2:
Now all Members of the Forum in Tenerife , Let us sing once again
The sun as got is hat on and is coming out to play:mopping:

I love an optimist:beach::beach:.

Malteser Monkey
11-12-2013, 10:42
malteser are you in tenerife right now????????

No but I'm only joking hence the smilies

I do remember watching the storms coming in when I lived in Tajinastes towers in Las Americas, then as they closed in I would find somewhere to hide - that was when the veronicas came in handy being underground ! in the 90's

Am listening to Oasis and I can here the thunder in the background

LUCKY
11-12-2013, 10:56
Any-one want to buy some wellies:wave:

Depending where your market stall is , You may consider Moving in to the fashion niche for SCUBA diving gear:flatcap:

lynnangela
11-12-2013, 11:06
10am, the raining is now easing off and I can see Montana Roja and Los Abrigos again through the mist. We still have some thunder rumbling around a bit.

So now the worst seems to ne over, I want you to own up whoever snuck into my apartment last night, and plumbed a tap over my window then left it turned on! Its filled a bucket twice now!

10am, the raining is now easing off and I can see Montana Roja and Los Abrigos again through the mist. We still have some thunder rumbling around a bit.

So now the worst seems to ne over, I want you to own up whoever snuck into my apartment last night, and plumbed a tap over my window then left it turned on! Its filled a bucket twice now!

sweetheart
11-12-2013, 11:26
Here it comes again in Amarilla Golf... thunder rain lightening... the lot....scary stuff

LUCKY
11-12-2013, 11:34
Here it comes again in Amarilla Golf... thunder rain lightening... the lot....scary stuff

Same here at Lower GDS. The Rock band as started:flatcap::rock:
So lets have another chorus of
The sun as got his hat on and is coming out to play

Faraway
11-12-2013, 11:49
Still going strong in Tajao, beautiful rose coloured lightening with forks occasionally, lots of ear splitting thunder but no wind at all, we are completely sheltered here! Am going nowhere today!

lesbroz
11-12-2013, 12:19
Well so far it has not been as bad here in Callao as it was last Monday, when I thought all my mirrors and paintings were going to fall off the walls when the thunder came. I,m hoping we are lucky and it stays that way.

Suej
11-12-2013, 12:55

I think those photos were from Storm Delta JaBBa I'm sure I have seen the first one before! scary!!!:scared:

rosemary
11-12-2013, 13:57
According to Janet ******** site the worst is yet to come folks! That red alert is for what's coming today. Stay under the duvet today. Bad road flooding in Golf.

essexeddie
11-12-2013, 19:11
Had a massive storm today, Never seen anything like it. Mud every where. Loads of boulders got washed down the mountain and blocked a lot of the roads. Our road was closed off. The road in front of Paloma Beach is a sea of thick mud with some of the bars closed.
Next door got flooded out as their balcony drain couldn't cope with the water so it just flooded through the apartment.
Supposed to be nice after today with hot weather due on Friday and beyond. There you go.
Who was it that said they were scare mongering with the reports :-)

junglejim
11-12-2013, 19:24
Electrical storm starting again here ,lighting at 18:20 with rain increasing ! Roll on Friday!!

LUCKY
11-12-2013, 19:31
Electrical storm starting again here ,lighting at 18:20 with rain increasing ! Roll on Friday!!

same here at Lower GDS:rain::flatcap::flatcap::flatcap:

imablue
11-12-2013, 19:59
Just very dark (night time)up here... think its on its on its way though...:scared:

starling
11-12-2013, 21:09
My hubby's down there now in Port Royale, says he's glad to be at the top of the hill instead of the bottom. Still got lots of thunder, lightning and pouring rain, been like it all day now.
Seen it all before though and it will pass, apparently it's on it's way up to UK now for weekend. Not to worry, we in UK or in the canaries don't get anything like the poor people of the Philippines got.
Sleep well in your beds, the angels will protect you, if that doesn't help... get a few jars down yer neck that will :zzz:

essexeddie
11-12-2013, 21:35
Still pouring down in LC with a little thunder and lightening thrown in.

canarybird
11-12-2013, 22:06
Here too in Pto de la Cruz. Heavy rain, thunder, lightning.

casabonny
11-12-2013, 22:25
All calm in Silencio at the moment.Have been up North today and on way up there was quite a bit of rain, but no wind, and back down saw very little rain, believe it or not. You just needed to drive sensibly and having a 4x4 does help.
Stay safe folks.

Tenerife Sun
12-12-2013, 08:18
Still raining here in Puerto de la Cruz, it started about 2.00 yesterday afternoon and hasn't stopped since. Yesterday evening it seemed to be right above us with lots of thunder. The lightening was quite spectacular to see.

Malteser Monkey
12-12-2013, 10:07
every one ok ?

cressrt
12-12-2013, 10:14
Its still hammering down up here in the mountain, above Charco del Pino at about 800m, almost non stop since it started Tuesday evening!
Our animals are bedraggled but OK, the ducks even want a break to dry out!

lesbroz
12-12-2013, 11:07
Still hammering it down in Callao. Now have a lovely bucket feature in the middle of the dining area.

universal
12-12-2013, 11:36
Taken from Island Connections, can not copy photo but worth a look.

South Tenerife under water as rain strikes with a vengeance

Arona - 12.12.2013 - While some parts of Tenerife escaped relatively unscathed from the mid-week battering and lashing rain, the same cannot be said for a number of areas in the south of the island which are largely unaccustomed to the adverse conditions that have caused the government to issue its highest ever severe weather alert level. more... http://www.islandconnections.eu/

BoPeep
12-12-2013, 11:43
We have a three bucket feature in our bathroom,..........Thanks useless Builder!!!!!!!!!!!!

universal
12-12-2013, 11:53
More pics here :http://www.thelocal.es/20131211/in-pictures-wind-storm-canaries-flooded-and-in-the-dark

princessmonika
12-12-2013, 12:27
well i have never seen so much rain in one go:rain::surrender:

golf birdie
12-12-2013, 13:40
well i have never seen so much rain in one go:rain::surrender:

not even in Blackpool :whistle:

canarybird
12-12-2013, 13:56
The rain has stopped and now it's getting windy again here in Pto. de la Cruz. Hmmm.....just after all the leaves have been raked up and the patio swept.

primrose
12-12-2013, 13:58
Just had a gust of wind that was unbelievable the noise was deafening.

Malteser Monkey
12-12-2013, 14:03
is it still lightening ?

primrose
12-12-2013, 14:13
is it still lightening ?

No not now but was earlier this morning.I need to put my Christmas Decs on balcony but can't in this weather. The red glass balls on my garlands would just break in this wind. looks as drab as the Forum.

slodgedad
12-12-2013, 14:17
Finally stopped raining in Las Chafiras an hor ago. We've even got some dry patches on the floor for the first time for 3 days.

Malteser Monkey
12-12-2013, 14:19
No not now but was earlier this morning.I need to put my Christmas Decs on balcony but can't in this weather. The red glass balls on my garlands would just break in this wind. looks as drab as the Forum.

Ooooerrr get yur two penneth in !

have you got your decs up indoors

JaBBa
12-12-2013, 14:24
Does anyone know if chayofa has lost electricity,we have family there and can't seem to get hold of them....:(

Malteser Monkey
12-12-2013, 14:31
Does anyone know if chayofa has lost electricity,we have family there and can't seem to get hold of them....:(

I'll try a friend for you

i think they must have lost it as she always answers me straight away
JaBBa

JaBBa
12-12-2013, 15:02
I'll try a friend for you

i think they must have lost it as she always answers me straight away
JaBBa

Many thanks for trying MM,will let you know if i hear anything....:)

LoboSolo
12-12-2013, 16:12
Hi all,
Just signed up to this forum so looking forward to keeping up to speed with what's happening on the island.
Any info on the weather in the Playa La Arena area?
On my way over in couple of days so hoping to catch a few rays of winter sun!

starling
12-12-2013, 16:16
Hi all,
Just signed up to this forum so looking forward to keeping up to speed with what's happening on the island.

You can but hope... :sunburn: :rain:

Malteser Monkey
12-12-2013, 16:29
Hi all,

Welcome from me !

JaBBa
12-12-2013, 16:32
Hi all,

Welcome to the forum,fingers crossed looks good for next week....

http://www.holiday-weather.com/tenerife/forecast/seven-day/

Malteser Monkey
12-12-2013, 17:08
Many thanks for trying MM,will let you know if i hear anything....:)

yes they've had leccie - just keeps dropping

Suej
12-12-2013, 17:19

Funny you should ask about leccy Monkey cos our DT media TV has been playing up badly since the bad weather started! DT changed everything we've got a new box (the old one was showing faults)and other bits but the picture still freezes! the engineer can only think it's a leccy problem as no other faults are showing up on their system! The leccy doesn't actually drop just earlier this morning and last night the lights flickered now and again but no power cut at all! I can only think there may be power surges up here!!!???:dontknow: Blimey! sorry didn't mean to go on and on here! LOL!!!:lol:

Finally stopped raining in Las Chafiras an hor ago. We've even got some dry patches on the floor for the first time for 3 days.

Glad you got the loo fixed now Slodge? or were you just spooked by the storm!:scared:

Malteser Monkey
12-12-2013, 17:28
Funny you should ask about leccy Monkey cos our DT media TV has been playing up badly since the bad weather started! DT changed everything we've got a new box (the old one was showing faults)and other bits but the picture still freezes! the engineer can only think it's a leccy problem as no other faults are showing up on their system! The leccy doesn't actually drop just earlier this morning and last night the lights flickered now and again but no power cut at all! I can only think there may be power surges up here!!!???:dontknow: Blimey! sorry didn't mean to go on and on here! LOL!!!:lol:

Glad you got the loo fixed now Slodge? or were you just spooked by the storm!:scared:

:lol:

by dropping I mean in voltage - over here it fluctuates between 220 and 240 we have surge protector for our TV

I know you would have known that but just for those who don't :cheeky:

Suej
12-12-2013, 17:56
:lol:

by dropping I mean in voltage - over here it fluctuates between 220 and 240 we have surge protector for our TV

I know you would have known that but just for those who don't :cheeky:

Now I've got my new posh iMac I'm going to get one of those surge protectors for it!:D

life is short
12-12-2013, 19:06
[QUOTE=Suej;341622]Funny you should ask about leccy Monkey cos our DT media TV has been playing up badly since the bad weather started! DT changed everything we've got a new box (the old one was showing faults)and other bits but the picture still freezes! the engineer can only think it's a leccy problem as no other faults are showing up on their system! The leccy doesn't actually drop just earlier this morning and last night the lights flickered now and again but no power cut at all! I can only think there may be power surges up here!!!???:dontknow: Blimey! sorry didn't mean to go on and on here! LOL!!!:lol:

We have DT media TV and always have problems with the programmes freezing no matter what the weather is like. Engineer hasn't come up with that excuse yet though.......a leccy problem! The last time we complained we were told that their system was being upgraded in a few days (this was a couple of months ago) but it's still the same.

Suej
12-12-2013, 19:31
[QUOTE=Suej;341622]Funny you should ask about leccy Monkey cos our DT media TV has been playing up badly since the bad weather started! DT changed everything we've got a new box (the old one was showing faults)and other bits but the picture still freezes! the engineer can only think it's a leccy problem as no other faults are showing up on their system! The leccy doesn't actually drop just earlier this morning and last night the lights flickered now and again but no power cut at all! I can only think there may be power surges up here!!!???:dontknow: Blimey! sorry didn't mean to go on and on here! LOL!!!:lol:

We have DT media TV and always have problems with the programmes freezing no matter what the weather is like. Engineer hasn't come up with that excuse yet though.......a leccy problem! The last time we complained we were told that their system was being upgraded in a few days (this was a couple of months ago) but it's still the same.

We might have been lucky but we've been fine with DT for a year now! it's only just the last few weeks that we have had problems with it, one of the power adapters that we needed which serves the TV seems to play up! they have given us new ones as well as the new Dune box! Miguel at DT has helped me change to wifi to see how it goes...so far it's seems fine! fingers crossed! I just dunno!!!eek2:

chifleta
12-12-2013, 19:46
Again it looks like the south is getting the weather before us folks in the north. Here it's dead calm.

http://canarybird.smugmug.com/Other/Weather-II-TNF-North/i-f7wQHB2/0/M/P1210168-M.jpg

locals call it "tiempo del Sur" ...

STILL think the headline is appalling? The CW Flagged up last week that this could happen and while it's not a TS it is the first red alert for high rain since Delta.

We don't put out "Daily Express or Star" style headlines for no reason.

Yes the headline is still daft ... yes, we've had (obviously) heavy rain/storm, and very high winds the other day, but it's not a hurricaine ... never was. We don't get them often, but i've seen a few storms like this over the years that i've lived here... some worse than others, and this time it was worse in Adeje, Arona, Guia de Isora areas.... and a couple of places towards Santa Cruz.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-107509/Five-die-floods-hit-Tenerife.html

http://www.islandconnections.eu/1000003/1000043/0/41573/daily-news-article.html

http://www.canarianweekly.com/tenerife-hit-storm-trouble/

Its just gone daybreak here at Lower GDS it came light then went dark and the thunder and lightning as just started no rain yet

did you realise that first link is from a few years ago? :(

golf birdie
12-12-2013, 19:58
locals call it "tiempo del Sur" ...

Yes the headline is still daft ... yes, we've had (obviously) heavy rain/storm, and very high winds the other day, but it's not a hurricaine ... never was. We don't get them often, but i've seen a few storms like this over the years that i've lived here... some worse than others, and this time it was worse in Adeje, Arona, Guia de Isora areas.... and a couple of places towards Santa Cruz.

:(

the storm lost a lot of its power before it hit Tenerife. The big worry was for the afternoon yesterday but it was no where as bad as they feared.

chifleta
12-12-2013, 20:03
Here's a video (edited together by someone) from the last few days, yup, we had heavy rains, but NO it wasn't another Delta, and NO-ONE died or drowned thank goodness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szxin1g_f28

awful music on this video though...

the storm lost a lot of its power before it hit Tenerife. The big worry was for the afternoon yesterday but it was no where as bad as they feared.

the other worry was that it started to come back on itself :scared:

marbro8
12-12-2013, 23:51
Here's a video (edited together by someone) from the last few days, yup, we had heavy rains, but NO it wasn't another Delta, and NO-ONE died or drowned thank goodness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szxin1g_f28

awful music on this video though...

the other worry was that it started to come back on itself :scared:well i was going to ask the question "is it the wettest weather you have ever seen in tenerife" but you seem to have covered that chifey;), on another point i feel so sorry for holidaymakers on a weeks break:(, it is still bad for those that are spending a month or so there but at least things will probably get back to normal within the next few days hopefully;)

slodgedad
13-12-2013, 00:05
[QUOTE=life is short;341640]

We might have been lucky but we've been fine with DT for a year now! it's only just the last few weeks that we have had problems with it, one of the power adapters that we needed which serves the TV seems to play up! they have given us new ones as well as the new Dune box! Miguel at DT has helped me change to wifi to see how it goes...so far it's seems fine! fingers crossed! I just dunno!!!eek2:
I know we're all creeping into 'off topic' territory but the only prob I've had with DT media, during the storm, is when the power went off and the router needed rebooting.
Whetger or not you have a media box without the router you're nakt.

essexeddie
13-12-2013, 00:47
The underground car park by Fortuna Nova was filled to the top with water, they managed to get all the cars out tho.
Also I heard that some Taxi drivers were charging 100€ to the airport

Sun was out this afternoon at last in LC
Lets hope it stays out.

slodgedad
13-12-2013, 00:54
Let's not start with the dodgy anecdotes. Plenty of that crap on Facebook.

Malteser Monkey
13-12-2013, 10:46
http://ezcomtf.dyndns.org:8080/record/current.jpg?rand=6023066

Plenty of snow up there on those hills:cheeky:

It looks like it's over - hope it is for you

chucking it down here

chifleta
14-12-2013, 13:03
well i was going to ask the question "is it the wettest weather you have ever seen in tenerife" but you seem to have covered that chifey;), on another point i feel so sorry for holidaymakers on a weeks break:(, it is still bad for those that are spending a month or so there but at least things will probably get back to normal within the next few days hopefully;)

I felt really really sorry for a couple that were only staying two days, Tuesday and Wednesday, the worst days, poor things...... :titanic::swimming::rain::cold:

junglejim
14-12-2013, 13:31
I feel sorry for Angusjim , he escaped the storm by a day to go home to Scotland and it followed him there today !

JaBBa
14-12-2013, 13:38

Everything ok now & back to normal lol,Thx again MM.....

Angusjim
14-12-2013, 16:26
I feel sorry for Angusjim , he escaped the storm by a day to go home to Scotland and it followed him there today !

It is a bit breezy & wet today:rain::scotland: