PDA

View Full Version : Is La Cueva Restaurant in Los Abrigos closed?

Kinney61
06-12-2013, 21:47
Hi
We were hoping to book in to this restaurant in Los Abrigos for Christmas day but no-one answering the phone 😥. Does anyone know if it is still open, or closed down?

We will have to find a plan B if it's shut....I don't want to be peeling sprouts this year.

wigjam
06-12-2013, 22:07
I was in Los Abrigos earlier this week abd it did look as if it had closed.
There were menus outside one of the restaurants in the Gullivers chain in San Blas for Christmas Day yesterday, might be worth a try.

Kinney61
06-12-2013, 22:17
I was in Los Abrigos earlier this week abd it did look as if it had closed.
There were menus outside one of the restaurants in the Gullivers chain in San Blas for Christmas Day yesterday, might be worth a try.
Thanks Wigjam, we will have a look at Gullivers. Cheers!

BobMac
09-12-2013, 18:33
I know someone who knows the owners and as far as he knows it is still operating.

He is going to find out and let me know.

I'll update as soon as he gets back to me.

BobMac
10-12-2013, 12:54
Have just heard from my friend and sad to say that La Cueva has closed.

A shame, it was a really nice restaurant.

Kinney61
13-12-2013, 20:39
Have just heard from my friend and sad to say that La Cueva has closed.

A shame, it was a really nice restaurant.
Yes, very sad....it looked lovely. Thanks for letting me know.

fritzy
18-12-2013, 17:34
Shame its gone. I went there last winter. A very busy lunchtime. The Chef was working extremely hard, you could see him working from the tables in fact. For a while there was no waitress for some reason and he also had to wait the tables. He still provided a delicious meal. He was obviously under pressure yet seemed totally in control. It was great to watch a true professional in action.

essexeddie
01-01-2014, 22:24
I went twice to see if it was open in November and December but was closed. Shame as it was a nice place if a little expensive but different.
Someone will buy it I'm sure.

Andy0210
02-01-2014, 00:00
I went twice to see if it was open in November and December but was closed. Shame as it was a nice place if a little expensive but different.
Someone will buy it I'm sure.

Nobody closes a money making business, it obviously wasn´t doing well or the owners wouldn´t have closed it down without trying to sell it, i know the owners and they made the decision to give up and walk away despite being successful in many other ventures in Spain and the UK.

JPTenerife
02-01-2014, 10:09
I agree mate. Nobody sells a profitable business on the island, walking away is the best decision in most cases but many refuse to let go of a rotting carcass even when they can smell it.
A friend of mine who rents out a couple of hundred commercial properties could tell you some incredible stories, a litany of failures.
Of course there's the usual top d1ck who's full of gob5hite and thinks they know better. Quite a few of those types of numpties banging about the reef.
Like my friend says, let them have their fun in the sun, it's only temporary until the next top d1ck comes along. :D

Islander
02-01-2014, 12:29
Isn't it also the case that a lot of the rents are ridiculously high and there's no way anyone is going to make a profit let alone live comfortably. Look at the number of place selling pints at 1euro, that's no way to make any money, just look at the volumes you need to sell. You cannot blame the landlords as there are so many "mugs" out there who will take property on, but I think if I was a landlord I would rather have a long term tenant paying a lower rent than keep changing tenants...

9PLUS
02-01-2014, 12:52
but I think if I was a landlord I would rather have a long term tenant paying a lower rent than keep changing tenants...

Canarians Landlords can be a very special type, they don't like lowering rents even at the expense of their local being empty because of it.

JPTenerife
02-01-2014, 14:12
Isn't it also the case that a lot of the rents are ridiculously high and there's no way anyone is going to make a profit let alone live comfortably.

True, but nobody forces anyone into paying such rents. I feel sorry for those who leave their brains behind when coming to the reef but even more sorry for those who never never had one to leave behind in the first place.

Look at the number of place selling pints at 1euro, that's no way to make any money, just look at the volumes you need to sell.

Once you hear of places starting to sell 1euro pints, you know the days are numbered for the business.

You cannot blame the landlords as there are so many "mugs" out there who will take property on.

Agreed, there are so many mugs around that they sound like they were genetically produced from a huge cloning laboratory.

but I think if I was a landlord I would rather have a long term tenant paying a lower rent than keep changing tenants...

The landlords don't need the money and can afford to have them empty for months and years until the next sucker walks through the door. Everything is tranquilo and manana and to be honest, good luck to them, it's business and whoever doesn't like it can get notted. :D:lol:

9PLUS
02-01-2014, 15:01
Agreed, there are so many mugs around that they sound like they were genetically produced from a huge cloning laboratory.

Scotland?..