PDA

View Full Version : Other Microsoft tech computer scam doing the rounds again

irishmusico
10-12-2013, 12:33
I just got a call from someone supposedly from Microsoft explaining to me that my computer is sending them emails about some virus it has. It is a scam that is doing the rounds for a long time.Just to warn everyone not to take it seriously.If you follow their instructions they will take control of your pc and delete your info or scam your credit card details.

This is a long video but it is shows what they can do go to the last 5 minutes to get the idea.
http://youtu.be/8a_edowfgl8

BobMac
10-12-2013, 12:58
I tell them what I did for a living before I retired - IT Consultant specializing in User Support & Security.

They usually hang up.

irishmusico
10-12-2013, 13:12
I tell them what I did for a living before I retired - IT Consultant specializing in User Support & Security.

They usually hang up.
I pretended to be a complete idiot(not much acting :) ) I went along with it right up to the place where they were getting me to download a piece of software that would allow them to remotely take over my pc.If you were not aware of the scam they can cause you real problems.

melm
10-12-2013, 13:51
I had a call like this some time back. When I refused to co-operate he cursed my computer and wished it all sorts of viruses.:cheeky:

Not very nice eek2:

Ricman
10-12-2013, 14:57
I had something similar when an Asian man rang me to say he was the Microsoft agent & there was something wrong with my computer & asked me to log in to a specific site to get it fixed.

Great I said it is always good to get help. Now which one of my computers is the problem ?

Sadly from then on it all went downhill until the abuse started including things like " you dont know what youre doing, & you will be sorry " and most interestingly " why are you wasting my time ? "

It all ended when I told him I was not too bothered if my computer did breakdown because the day before a Nigerian man had promised me £5,000,000 if I sent him a few quid to his bank account.

deepdivejunkie
10-12-2013, 18:57
If you get a call like this, tell them you've got an Apple Mac, then hang up!

marbro8
10-12-2013, 19:12
I just got a call from someone supposedly from Microsoft explaining to me that my computer is sending them emails about some virus it has. It is a scam that is doing the rounds for a long time.Just to warn everyone not to take it seriously.If you follow their instructions they will take control of your pc and delete your info or scam your credit card details.

This is a long video but it is shows what they can do go to the last 5 minutes to get the idea.
http://youtu.be/8a_edowfgl8ha ha classic, i listened to it all, it was great the way the guy was winding them up:crylaughing:, i wouldn't have got that far, as soon as i had heard that indian accent i would have put the phone down:lol:

princessmonika
10-12-2013, 19:45
unless the number is in my address book i hang up ---simple-:cheers2:

jonnybravo
10-12-2013, 21:25
there is also a company called southend enterprises /southend pc solutions stating they are part of the Microsoft group and that your Microsoft licence has expired and that your computer will not operate if you don't let them take control of your computer.microsoft have no conection with them,the british police are conducting an investigation on them

warbey
10-12-2013, 21:30
Tell Them You are a Servant and to leave a number to ring........................

slodgedad
10-12-2013, 21:38
'Sorry, but I haven't had a computer for ages, must be my sister'. I'll get her to ring you back. What number is it?

marbro8
11-12-2013, 00:11

They usually hang up.yes that would work;) or just a simple **** off:crylaughing: