PDA

View Full Version : Other Are domestic water filter/softeners any good & which are the best?

Macbook
11-12-2013, 09:37
Hi,

Has anybody on the forum fitted a domestic inline water softener/filter to their home water supply ?

I'm looking for a unit thats not to complicated to plumb in, easy to maintain and will protect my bathroom fittings, fridge freezer, boiler, etc from long term damage.

Can anybody tell me if they are worth the investment ?

Are they any good ?

I saw a company online in TF that advertises them, but they failed to respond to my emails.

Any info greatly appreciated.

thanks

lesbroz
11-12-2013, 12:21
Sorry, the only one I have is for drinking water.

fixer
11-12-2013, 15:49
I have very pleased with it use it to make the tea drink its good.

Ricman
11-12-2013, 16:33
I also have a filter fitted to my kitchen tap. I got this from Leroy Merlin in Santa Cruz but I now get the renewable filters from Electrcris at El Camison, Los Cristianos, so I guess they will sell the unit as well & I think they sell them in Worten in Las Chafiras.

The full unit costs around 50 euros which includes a filter. They say on the tin that it will do 1200 litres, but I find it does much more than that. A replacement filter is 22 euros, so do the maths using an eight litre bottle for comparison. Plus of course there is no need to buy or throw away the old bottle & its there 24/7. Fitting takes a full 2 minutes & replacing half that. Brita is the make.

Regarding buying a unit for outside the building, I asked about his and was told you do not really need one if you get your drinking water from the kitchen one. The water here is drinkable if a bit brackish & in the 8 years here have not really found any problems with bathrooms or showers fittings etc.

Dienvay
17-02-2014, 00:51
Anyone needing filtered drinking water, I can install a full triple filtering system fits under the sink with a indipendant tap for drinking water. Save carrying the bottles from the supermarket and no mess fitted within the hour exactly the same that I use in my home.

If you interested call me for a free no obligation estimate. phone mobile 602 651 992 or home 922 703 956

casabonny
25-03-2014, 15:28
We have a reverse osmoisi filter for drinking and a water softener which makes the water lovely and soft,using less soap,washing powder etc and we have no problems with calcium on any taps.We bought the water softher fromLeroy Merlin and use bags of salt to fill it.
the drinking water filter we got from las Chafiras but the replacement filters are quite expensive but they work and last we find around six months,but we do use the water a lot,for the dogs as well so it does save money.both were fitted ourselves.

Bella_Jeri
18-04-2017, 06:07
I am planning to add a water softener to my home since we have hard water problems. I plan to also run a separate line off the softener so I can wash my cars.

I am also planning on buying a electromagnetic water softener which my plumber recommends. This will allow it to be run through the entire house and be used for cooking, ice cubes and drinking.

Have any of you had any experience with this kind of softener instead of the typical salt based systems.

Thanks!

NISHANA
21-04-2017, 06:33
I am not completely satisfied with it as they report many health issues on using it.

Bella_Jeri
15-05-2017, 12:14
I am planning to add a water softener to my home since we have hard water problems. I plan to also run a separate line off the softener so I can wash my cars.

I am also planning on buying a electromagnetic water softener which my plumber recommends. This will allow it to be run through the entire house and be used for cooking, ice cubes and drinking.

Have any of you had any experience with this kind of softener instead of the typical salt based systems.

Thanks!

I just want to update here (https://watergadget.com/best-water-softener-reviews/) that I purchased Fleck Water Softener and it seems to work very well, I will still update here after using it for a month or two.