PDA

View Full Version : Relocation I want to move to Tenerife from Ireland within the next 3 or so months, any advice?

GemmaMc
12-12-2013, 20:09
Hey everyone,

i am thinking of moving to tenerife, i have lived there before when i was 15 until i turned 18 in September just gone. I am currently living in Dublin Ireland. I have friends over there but in the north , and before moving to Ireland i was trying to find work in the north but was unsuccessful. I understand spanish and can speak it more or less. but that wasnt enough for trying to find work in the north. So ive been thinking of moving south. I would like more information before i do make the move. I have never lived on my own, ive always had a parent living with me, although the only help they were was towards bills. So although i have never technically lived on my own im sure i could manage it... i have been saving for the last while now so i wouldnt be going empty handed, although with no job here in ireland im not saving as much as i would like to be. im posting this to really make sure im not heading into something that is a nobrainer . All information is appreciated,
Whats the best, cheap place to rent an apartment close to tourist areas for easy access to work?
What would on average be my monthly costs for accomodation?
whats the job situation like at the moment?
i was thinking of moving over just before the summer season so to be there when most shops and bars are recruiting.

slodgedad
13-12-2013, 00:36
Rather than ask a bunch of questions in one post, why not,after searching, post your various questions in the appropriate sections?

In that way, not only will you have a dedicated answer to your individual questions, others, in future, will benefit from the responses

GemmaMc
13-12-2013, 13:15
im new to this i dont really know how to use it... i didnt even know there were certain sections. i will figure it out tho, thanks.

J9!
20-01-2014, 01:13
Hi gem I have just joined this too. And looking to move in April. South, like u close to tourist area. Have you had much luck in finding out any good areas?

Tony the Welder
20-01-2014, 05:57
just sent 2 girls back to Ireland both got jobs the paye did not cover the rent need to look for sherd accom idation it is not a nice place to live with no money

hannah_louise
20-01-2014, 16:10
Hi I am looking to Move end of May also looking for cheap accomodation.
Let me know if you find anything :)

katie223
20-01-2014, 23:51
Hi girls,

Tenerife is a great place to stay, but like most places jobs are not easy to come by these days. What I would say is save as much pennies as you can before you come out. This will allow you time to hit all the bars and restaurants looking for work and give you time to sort out a place to live and your Nie etc. Best places for that type of work would be Playa Las America, Los Cristianos, Adeje. Keep your eyes on the job section on the forum this will give you an idea what type of jobs are going but you would really need to be out here as the jobs get snapped up so quick and some bars just put a sign in the window when they require staff. For an idea of rental prices have a look online (www.tenerifepropertyguide.com) has all types of rental properties. You will also need to mind and budget for a deposit. If you have any other questions I will try my best to help. Good Luck

maxterchef
21-01-2014, 12:20
Hi Gemma

I hope you are well. I moved to Tenerife South in September. Jobs are very difficult to come by over here so I would advise you just to keep checking in here. Call centres seem to be the best option.
If you want me to help with your other queries please let me know

Max