PDA

View Full Version : Titsa and the South airport

Red Devil
13-12-2013, 22:02
Coming back from Santa Cruz to Los Cris the other day on the 111 bus, I was fortunate enough to be sat on the front seat when the bus pulled in at the airport stop.

It was as entertaining as usual as the driver fielded questions from everyone, no-one seemed to know which way the bus was travelling and every other person queried whether it was going to Santa Cruz, despite the identical 111 that actually was going the opposite way having pulled in right next to us.

Anyway we marvelled at the driver's patience but were particularly intrigued by the fact that some people were told in no uncertain terms they had to put their small sized luggage in the hold (the driver brooked no argument over that) whereas others who had identical sized cases were allowed to bring theirs inside with them.

We realised the deciding factor was whether the luggage was on your back as a holdall or whether it was the same size but a carry-on.
I would imagine all of the passengers had brought them on the plane as hand luggage so obviously thought they could do the same on the bus.

It made me think then what a terrible decision it was when Titsa stopped the dedicated airport bus that had plenty of onboard storage and standing room - it was designed so your luggage could be kept on the bus with you, who on earth would want to put their hand luggage, perhaps with valuables in, out of sight?

After no longer providing a dedicated airport bus service with reasonable luggage safety Titsa now have the cheek to say they take no responsibility if luggage is lost or stolen!

ribuck
14-12-2013, 11:05
Whenever I put my luggage underneath, I sit by the window, far enough back that I would see if anyone removed my luggage.

Tshirt
14-12-2013, 12:19
Whenever I put my luggage underneath, I sit by the window, far enough back that I would see if anyone removed my luggage.

Last time We used the 111 we did the same, on arrival at PDLA bus station the cases weren't there, PANIC, only too find they had slid across to the other side of the bus. :doh:

Red Devil
14-12-2013, 13:34

Thats fair enough if you can, but if the bus is full you're stuffed :D.

Leam_Lin
14-12-2013, 15:26
Tie the bags together if possible, makes it a bit more difficult to manoevre them.

Angusjim
14-12-2013, 16:18
Get a taxi you bunch o tight wads are you all Scottish:lol::hello:

Ecky Thump
14-12-2013, 16:42
Tie the bags together if possible, makes it a bit more difficult to manoevre them.

I tie my wife to the case, but unfortunately no one ever attempts to steal it!:lol:

Tshirt
14-12-2013, 16:46
Get a taxi you bunch o tight wads are you all Scottish:lol::hello:

In 20 years I've only used the bus from the airport once and I got my wallet lifted while on it. I was too busy worrying about my cases.