PDA

View Full Version : Other Insurance claim Help

Cruise
13-12-2013, 23:17
We have a business property where it has been raining inside the local on the 2 rainy days Wednesday and Thursday. My insurance
company sent a plumber out on Wednesday who said it is the community fault giving us a piece of paper saying filtration de communidad. The renter is obviously very upset as not only has the roof parcially caved in plus alot of his contents is ruined. The community (perito)
assessor came today and refused to give us anything in writing and said to tell our ( I don´t know whether mine or the renters or both??) assessor to contact him as he gave us a business card. The renters insurance company is coming next week one day. Do I need to contact my insurance again? Who will rebuild the roof?

On top of the roof the community have put a drainage obviously recently as I never had this problem in 12 years. We need a community key to go up there. The community guy is only there between 7 am until 12 noon. The renter only comes from 3pm onwards.

Do we both me the owner and the renter need to call a perito of our own insurance?? Any one can advise please. Tia.

Suzanne
14-12-2013, 19:20
You need to get in touch with your insurance company or agent and make them send a perito out. The should assess the situation and put it right and if need be they should then contact the community if it is their problem, either way you pay your insurance and they should be acting on your behalf. The same for the renter also.

Cruise
14-12-2013, 22:09
I spoke with my insurance company today and they agreed to sent an assessor only for the contents. Does this mean because there are 2 insurance companys mine Zurich and the renters Adeslas, that they are going to pay twice?? This is why I ask as I don¨t think so and obviously since the contents are the renters,, he should get the contents money. As for the roof my insurance said they cannot do anything until they have a written letter from the community , that they have fixed the roof. Then only if the community insurance does not fix it will my insurance fix it.

casabonny
16-12-2013, 10:12
There will be a multi claim situation here, the owners of the local, the renters and the community so logically there will more than likely be three peritos.
You can claim on your insurance who will then claim back from community and the renters claim from theirs and their company will eithere claim off your public liability who will in turn claim from community, that's assuming community are proved to be in the wrong.
You only have to make claims and leave it to the insurers to sort out who pays what and who, if applicable sues whom.