PDA

View Full Version : Internet Can Vodafone ADSL now deliver 10mb in the Adeje area?

Bob
17-12-2013, 11:00
At the moment i have a telefonica snail line getting about 1meg download speed, a rep has told me that Vodafone has invested in a new system in Adeje that can deliver 10meg constant, does anybody have first hand experience of this, if so is it via a dongle or your telephone line. T.I.A.

lopin
17-12-2013, 17:25
Just .85 meg here in Roque Del Conde with movistar. We really need a quicker speed

jackobeen
28-01-2014, 14:21
i am with vodafone in los menores with max 0.8 meg.i had some problems recently and the technician came to fix it.
i asked him about the fibre optic cable and when would i be connected to it.he laughed and said probably in 5 years.

Jabba43
30-01-2014, 20:02
Guy who came to connect our internet from Movistar last week said that they have stopped investing in old style adsl technology because of fiber optic and 4g, that is where the money is going now. So no hope of you getting anything faster at all now I am afraid until those 2 options arrive.

As for fiber optic I have heard 1 year to arrive in the south, whilst other people laugh when you say one year. 4g you can get speeds of up to 150 meg but they put stupid 2 gig restrictions etc so that is useless. My family use 1 gig in a day without trying so that is not going to work.

IMO it would be nice when 4g arrives that people who can only get 1 meg connection get an unlimited usage upgrade until they fix the damn speed. Honestly some parts of this Island are living in 2005 speeds.

casabonny
31-01-2014, 17:40
We are with Vodafone and generally get between 6 and 8 meg but it does vary and sometimes it is snails pace.If you ring Vodafone they usually do something remotely to put speed up and it works.
With Telefonica before and have never had so much trouble with ADSL and we had been with them for years.
Looking forward to fibre optic will have to wait and see what happens here in the South.