PDA

View Full Version : Other What will you be doing Christmas Day in Tenerife

lmt1970
17-12-2013, 23:10
I'm just being nosey now! So what will other holiday makers be doing on Christmas Day? We plan to get up, open a few pressies, have breakfast, go for a walk on the beach and then find somewhere for a big nosh up dinner,go for a swim in the pool and then probably flake out!

18-12-2013, 00:03
Haven't decided yet. It will be my first Christmas Day off since 1988 and there are a million things on my mind.

Might even have a bit of Turkey and watch the TV like normal people usually do..:)

karinagal
18-12-2013, 00:38
Packing! Next trip is the 27th! :D

tinker88
18-12-2013, 08:14
We fly today ...... :) can't wait. We were supposed to be eating and a friends , friends restaurant but its a no go now so when we get to golf del sur we will be looking for a nice place to squeeze in 16 !

tonyda
18-12-2013, 11:11
It will be interesting to find out which restaurant can fit in 16!!

Angusjim
18-12-2013, 11:21
I'm just being nosey now! So what will other holiday makers be doing on Christmas Day? We plan to get up, open a few pressies, have breakfast, go for a walk on the beach and then find somewhere for a big nosh up dinner,go for a swim in the pool and then probably flake out!

Good luck with the swim in the pool I tried that once at new year time not to be repeated it was baltic:respect:

Margaretta
18-12-2013, 11:21
Tinker, it's heavily booked around GDS so I do hope you are lucky. Otherwise it's a trip to Iceland, Lidl and Mercadona and a huge family Christmas picnic on the beach. Do let us know what you eventually do.

Malteser Monkey
18-12-2013, 12:07
Tinker, it's heavily booked around GDS so I do hope you are lucky. Otherwise it's a trip to Iceland, Lidl and Mercadona and a huge family Christmas picnic on the beach. Do let us know what you eventually do.

yes if you are LUCKY you can get in anywhere:cheeky:

LUCKY
18-12-2013, 12:16
yes if you are LUCKY you can get in anywhere:cheeky:

So true i can get a table for 16 @ Mc Dees:hungry:

lmt1970
18-12-2013, 12:45
Good luck with the swim in the pool I tried that once at new year time not to be repeated it was baltic:respect:

Hopefully should be ok as heated pool!

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

I'm hoping four of us can just walk in somewhere............

Angusjim
18-12-2013, 12:47
Try Tom and Sharon maybe they still have space CIM says its the best value on GDS he never goes anywhere else:crylaughing::c2:

Hopefully should be ok as heated pool!

I'm hoping four of us can just walk in somewhere............

That was a heated pool or so they said it was :eek:

lmt1970
18-12-2013, 13:32
Try Tom and Sharon maybe they still have space CIM says its the best value on GDS he never goes anywhere else:crylaughing::c2:

That was a heated pool or so they said it was :eek:

Out of interest where is Tom and Sharon's place. I may book there myself if it's any good.

trevorife2
18-12-2013, 15:00
Im going to be sitting at home wishing i was doing what imt1970 was doing

minimadmandy
18-12-2013, 15:06
Get up, go for a 5K run, breakfast, then open some presents :-). Followed by a walk to the beach to spend the day there. Then do some people watching including, hopefully the large group of oldies who have their giant picnic, sing songs and get very drunk! Late afternoon return to apartment have a swim (if I'm feeling brave)and start cooking the full Christmas dinner with all the trimmings to be eaten early evening outside, then go for a walk. This depends entirely on the weather being sunny of course and at the moment that looks unlikely!

lmt1970
18-12-2013, 15:10
Get up, go for a 5K run, breakfast, then open some presents :-). Followed by a walk to the beach to spend the day there. Then do some people watching including, hopefully the large group of oldies who have their giant picnic, sing songs and get very drunk! Late afternoon return to apartment have a swim (if I'm feeling brave)and start cooking the full Christmas dinner with all the trimmings to be eaten early evening outside, then go for a walk. This depends entirely on the weather being sunny of course and at the moment that looks unlikely!

I was enjoying your read until you started doubting the weather!

minimadmandy
20-12-2013, 14:26
QUOTE=lmt1970;343015]I was enjoying your read until you started doubting the weather![/QUOTE]
Recent scan of the weather suggested it would rain on Christmas Day but that's all changed now (as it does)!

lmt1970
20-12-2013, 19:49
QUOTE=lmt1970;343015]I was enjoying your read until you started doubting the weather!
Recent scan of the weather suggested it would rain on Christmas Day but that's all changed now (as it does)![/QUOTE]

Friends again then! See you on the beach. You won't miss me, I'll have my mankini on and the wife and kids will be trying to lose me!