PDA

View Full Version : Other Loud humming noise in Golf del Sur

barryk
20-12-2013, 16:29
Does any member living in GDS know what that loud humming noise is (not the planes).

Sounds as though it is originating in the harbour area as sounds like someone blowing over the top of a bottle, almost constant in some wind directions

Regards,

Barryk

Malteser Monkey
20-12-2013, 18:13
LUCKY what you up to ?:D

He'll know

ciderhunter
20-12-2013, 18:17
I read this report this morning. You are not alone.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/HUM-KNOW/story-20347005-detail/story.html

LUCKY
20-12-2013, 18:30
LUCKY what you up to ?:D

He'll know

I will be straight on the case, Tomorrow morning.As we may be dining near the Marina this evening:flatcap:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

I decided whilst sat here in my apartment, Earlier this afternoon i thought the people need answers to this dilema so without thought for my own safety, i ventured out without delay several hours later, Thinking to myself this could be a good earner (have saved receipt just in case i am on expenses for meal at Bacchus for myself and trusty sidekick the o/h)whilst sat there it was observed from a safe distance. Over a steak meal and a carafe of house wine.That no noise vibrations or even a hum could be heard,But later a sighting of a light on the extreme part of the marina was flickering and flickering even more, on and off and off and on and on and on so i will be making a suggestion to the marina keeper, or is it harbour master, That they get that dodgy electric light connection fixed, cos other wise it could cost them the price of a new bulb. Thank you for reading my report, i may just add as a foot note that i am now back in the safety of my apartment here in Lower GDS, where no humming can be heard but the wining is still persistent. but i think you can all take that as red.:wine::flatcap:

LUCKY
21-12-2013, 08:27
No humming to be reported early this morning, so i suppose i will just go back to bed :flatcap:

universal
21-12-2013, 11:36
Wind in the rigging?

canarybird
21-12-2013, 12:04
Lots more strange sounds in the sky:

http://www.livescience.com/38427-the-hum-mystery-taos-hum.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2110523/Whats-causing-mysterious-sounds-coming-sky-loud-set-car-alarms.html

http://youtu.be/gtLNmdZTf_g

JPTenerife
21-12-2013, 15:03
Revelation 8.6 - 8.13

6 Then the seven angels who had the seven trumpets prepared to sound them.

7 The first angel sounded his trumpet, and there came hail and fire mixed with blood, and it was hurled down on the earth. A third of the earth was burned up, a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up.

8 The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood, 9 a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.

10 The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water— 11 the name of the star is Wormwood.[a] A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter.

12 The fourth angel sounded his trumpet, and a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them turned dark. A third of the day was without light, and also a third of the night.

13 As I watched, I heard an eagle that was flying in midair call out in a loud voice: “Woe! Woe! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth, because of the trumpet blasts about to be sounded by the other three angels!”

Margaretta
21-12-2013, 16:18
Well JPTenerife, a salutory warning! If Teide erupts and we don't have that trip to see the stars on our next holiday I shall be blaming the angels and their trumpets!!!

A year or two ago we were in San Miguel Harbour and it was really crowded due to an impending storm. The whistling of the rigging was absolutely amazing and could be discerned as a loud humming outside the harbour. Alternatively the noise could be coming from the repairs gantry area or even be Lucky humming happily because it's Christmas!!.

rosemary
21-12-2013, 16:20
Revelation 8.6 - 8.13

6 Then the seven angels who had the seven trumpets prepared to sound them.

7 The first angel sounded his trumpet, and there came hail and fire mixed with blood, and it was hurled down on the earth. A third of the earth was burned up, a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up.

8 The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood, 9 a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.

10 The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water— 11 the name of the star is Wormwood.[a] A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter.

12 The fourth angel sounded his trumpet, and a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them turned dark. A third of the day was without light, and also a third of the night.

13 As I watched, I heard an eagle that was flying in midair call out in a loud voice: “Woe! Woe! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth, because of the trumpet blasts about to be sounded by the other three angels!”

Sorry, but to me that sounds a little too much like a Christmas Panto.

But I do NOT like these strange noises. :wow: Especially that lot in the forest!!!!!!

delderek
21-12-2013, 20:16
I will be straight on the case, Tomorrow morning.As we may be dining near the Marina this evening:flatcap:

I decided whilst sat here in my apartment, Earlier this afternoon i thought the people need answers to this dilema so without thought for my own safety, i ventured out without delay several hours later, Thinking to myself this could be a good earner (have saved receipt just in case i am on expenses for meal at Bacchus for myself and trusty sidekick the o/h)whilst sat there it was observed from a safe distance. Over a steak meal and a carafe of house wine.That no noise vibrations or even a hum could be heard,But later a sighting of a light on the extreme part of the marina was flickering and flickering even more, on and off and off and on and on and on so i will be making a suggestion to the marina keeper, or is it harbour master, That they get that dodgy electric light connection fixed, cos other wise it could cost them the price of a new bulb. Thank you for reading my report, i may just add as a foot note that i am now back in the safety of my apartment here in Lower GDS, where no humming can be heard but the wining is still persistent. but i think you can all take that as red.:wine::flatcap:

Now could that be a navigation light, "quick flash 3. slow flash 1, quick flash 2. etc etc or many other combinations. That's how navigation works at night. But knowing Tenerife it probably is a duff bulb.:whistle:

Angusjim
22-12-2013, 08:53
Now could that be a navigation light, "quick flash 3. slow flash 1, quick flash 2. etc etc or many other combinations. That's how navigation works at night. But knowing Tenerife it probably is a duff bulb.:whistle:

Yea sparkies in Tenerife are a pretty hopeless bunch I am told;)