PDA

View Full Version : Duvet covers

rosemary
20-12-2013, 16:36
I am so fed up with duvet covers that have poppers that break, or buttons that fall off, or ties that look silly.
Has anyone ever seen a cover made like a pillowcase, with a large envelope at the bottom so you just tuck in the duvet?
Maybe the Swedes or the Germans have such a thing?

warbey
20-12-2013, 20:58
With that arrangementwould the Duvet lose it's Shape.?

Why not fit a Zip.....Job done......

I was going to suggest some Hooks and Eyes, but They could catch.......

Another solution would be Velcro...? 4 or 5 Squares would do a Double easily....

rosemary
20-12-2013, 21:01
A long zip for a king sized bed......

Don't see why it would lose its shape if it was like a pillowcase.:dontknow:

warbey
20-12-2013, 21:08
A long zip for a king sized bed......

Don't see why it would lose its shape if it was like a pillowcase.:dontknow:

Like a Suitcase. A zip at each corner... Meeting in the Middle.

rosemary
20-12-2013, 21:20
Two zips.....yes possible but why not just an envelope? What have you got against an envelope? I don't want nuttin!

Addick
20-12-2013, 21:30
Dare I ask what you get up to that needs the duvet to be locked inside the cover?

I have poppers on my duvets but just don't bother fastening them! Nothing falls out at night that shouldn't. :)

rosemary
20-12-2013, 22:04
Dare I ask what you get up to that needs the duvet to be locked inside the cover?

I have poppers on my duvets but just don't bother fastening them! Nothing falls out at night that shouldn't. :)

I find that if there are no poppers or buttons or whatnot then the inside duvet sort of half falls out. Looks messy.

karinagal
20-12-2013, 22:40
I am so fed up with duvet covers that have poppers that break, or buttons that fall off, or ties that look silly.
Has anyone ever seen a cover made like a pillowcase, with a large envelope at the bottom so you just tuck in the duvet?
Maybe the Swedes or the Germans have such a thing?

Actually..... I bought duvet covers just like you have described in Textile Sur... I really, really don't like them!

primrose
20-12-2013, 22:52
Actually..... I bought duvet covers just like you have described in Textile Sur... I really, really don't like them!

Me neither,only ever bought one here and binned it, get all my bedding from Debenhams don't like the size of the Spanish pillows.

rosemary
21-12-2013, 11:38

Why? Was it the envelope design or just the poor quality of the fabric which I must admit I have also experienced both here and on mainland. Cheap and nasty. I too buy all my bedlinen now from the UK.

karinagal
21-12-2013, 17:03
I don't like the envelope design.....!

rosemary
21-12-2013, 17:13
I don't like the envelope design.....!

Is it the look of it or the difficulty?

karinagal
21-12-2013, 19:01
Two loose flaps - do you tuck one IN and fold the other OVER? It drove me insane.....

rosemary
21-12-2013, 19:08
Two loose flaps - do you tuck one IN and fold the other OVER? It drove me insane.....

Ooh that is odd....could it have been for two duvets, like an extra one in the winter? Sounds dodgy. I think I'll wait til I go to John Lewis! Thankyou for the info.

karinagal
21-12-2013, 23:05
Ooh that is odd....could it have been for two duvets, like an extra one in the winter? Sounds dodgy. I think I'll wait til I go to John Lewis! Thankyou for the info.

Don't think so Rosemary - it was like 2 sheets sewn together except for the top 12-18 inches..

Angusjim
22-12-2013, 08:49
Only women could get 15 posts oot o a threed aboot duvets even more impressive considering London has not yet joined in could have been double that:respect::respect::lol:

rosemary
22-12-2013, 12:10
Only women could get 15 posts oot o a threed aboot duvets even more impressive considering London has not yet joined in could have been double that:respect::respect::lol:

Aah yes but this criticism could possibly be because men do not regularly have to change the duvet covers and break their backs and their spirits in so doing! Bit like childbirth!

Angusjim
22-12-2013, 12:45
Aah yes but this criticism could possibly be because men do not regularly have to change the duvet covers and break their backs and their spirits in so doing! Bit like childbirth!

I like nothing better than changing a duvet cover and as for child birth I did my bit for that we cannot do everything:whistle::lol:

Malteser Monkey
22-12-2013, 14:05

Oi you cheeky little :devil2:

I had a couple of duvet sets I bot over there from the place in San Isidro (can't remember the name) They were the open ended type and used to drive me mad I used to tuck 'em between the matress and the bed !

and those massive pillow cases open both ends what's that all about

Happy now Scotland !