PDA

View Full Version : Satellite dish: receiver

languagefan
21-12-2013, 17:56
hello,
I am thinking of installing a sattelite dish to receive English (speaking) channels.
Does anybody know how much it will cost to get one and somebody to install them for a reasonable price?
Thanks in advance

junglejim
21-12-2013, 18:12
hello,
I am thinking of installing a sattelite dish to receive English (speaking) channels.
Does anybody know how much it will cost to get one and somebody to install them for a reasonable price?
Thanks in advance
i would be careful , the Satellite Signals are due to change over from Astra 2F to 2E in February and this may change or delete any signals received in the Canaries or even the size of dish needed .
Companies such as Premiere will supply you details and cost .
Meanwhile if you have internet you can access UK tv using sites such as www.TVGuide.co.uk or as Timmylish does using a VPN .

languagefan
21-12-2013, 19:56
Thanks v much for this. I will wait until Feb then.
I am not muchy bothered about UK TV channels (most of which are boring!) but want to have access to a variety of English speaking channels for news, films, interesting programmes etc.
any advice?
Thanks

timmylish
22-12-2013, 03:55
As JJ advised you I have used a VPN for years and been delighted with the simplicity of use and quality.The company I use is, rather surprisingly called VPNUK ! Rather than me advocating its uses here is the site which will provide you with everything you need to know.
http://vpnuk.net/services.html