PDA

View Full Version : Finance What is the best bank to use in Tenerife?

IanWard
22-12-2013, 23:54
What is the best bank to use in Tenerife

I'm looking for a current account with the ability to use card on-line i.e. amazon etc.

also what's the procedure for opening a new account, i.e. what documentation do I need

thanks

kind regards

Ian

essexeddie
01-01-2014, 22:06
I'm about to change mine from Barclays to Santander as their charges are half of Barclays.
You will find Banking a lot different in Tenerife than the UK
In Tenerife you pay them to look after your money, The reverse in the UK.
They all have debit cards but you have to pay for them, unlike the UK where they are free.
You need proof of income and any Bank statements, also ID. I think that's about it.
Best of luck, you will need it.

9PLUS
01-01-2014, 22:16
What is the best bank to use in Tenerife

The one Admin and the Mods use

x

Malteser Monkey
02-01-2014, 10:26
The one Admin and the Mods use

x

I was wondering what was going to be your answer:whistle:;);)

candy2411
02-01-2014, 10:49
Very happy with Santander, been with them over 10 years now ,no problems at all. Los Cristianos and Las Galletas branches have English staff not sure about other branches.

Agree doesn't bode well to have to pay bank charges when in UK it's all free, but charges very reasonable.

bonitatime
02-01-2014, 15:20
No experience with Santander
Happy with Sabadell And hate la Caixa, although most if my banking is with them. Stuck due to Caja Canarias being bought out

Bhamannette
03-01-2014, 13:25
Ive used Banca March for nearly 10 years now and have had no problems

essexeddie
03-01-2014, 16:41
I've had no problems with Barclays for over 20 years, its just that they have started to charge more for nothing.
I'm voting with my feet, as everybody should. I wouldn't put up with that in the UK so why Tenerife.

garlicbread
03-01-2014, 16:48
I am a tax paying resident of Tenerife (for 10 years) and have a residents account with Santander. I pay ZERO/ZILCH/NADA bank charges,only paying a yearly fee for a credit card. Although manager at my local branch speaks English I do all my banking online.

I also have an online/current account with Barclays in the UK, again no charges.

Hepa
03-01-2014, 17:32
The one within walking distance of your front door