PDA

View Full Version : Advice wanted Would a painting and decorating firm do well in Tenerife?

shotgun007
26-12-2013, 11:31
Hi

Does anyone know if it would be a good thing to start a painting company in Tenerife.
Painting interiors and exteriors also wood prep and wall papering all done buy a british painter.

JaBBa
26-12-2013, 11:40
Had the same thought myself,think there is a opening,good luck

amanda
26-12-2013, 21:32
Hi

Does anyone know if it would be a good thing to start a painting company in Tenerife.
Painting interiors and exteriors also wood prep and wall papering all done buy a british painter.

Why not a canarian painter and decorater

9PLUS
26-12-2013, 22:01
Hi

This is what I've found over the last 16 years here. People think if you can **** you can paint, and normally do their own painting as most of which is white washed.

They tend to feel that is a great accomplishment to have done this especially if they manage an Accent Wall as well lolz

On the flip side the more wealthy of client which there is a hell of a lot of don't tend to want to pay a reasonable rate for a pro painter and decorator

There's 2 companies in the south that stand out from the rest and are inundated with work, R&M which specialize in complexes and commercial painting and Malermeister Zwick (Master Painters) a successful German company that mainly work in the small commercial and domestic sector.

And then there's a load of Slovak and Argentinian one man bands that seen to work more in black

But hey there is always a market for good professional yeah ?

bulldog
27-12-2013, 15:57
Hi

I,ve worked for many years in the building trade here in Tenerife [now retired] painting is the hardest trade to
find work as 9plus says to many D.I.Yers you,d have a better change if you could do say, tiling,fit flat pack kitchens etc.
but who knows if you,ve got a few bob behind you give it ago ,good luck.