PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork How do you fill in a Modelo 790 for NIE?

Mia
02-01-2014, 18:16
We have friends who want to apply for an NIE Number.

They want this to open a bank account and look for a property to rent for a while, with a view to purchasing a property later.

They cannot get a “Certificado de Registro” yet because they do not meet the new requirements at the moment.

They have completed the EX-15 and have collected the Modelo 790 from the Police Station in Las Americas.

The question I would like to ask is regarding completing the Modelo 790.

1. Do they put their UK address on the form because they do not have a Spanish address yet.

2. Also which box do they tick on the form?

(We can only work out that they tick the box at the side of “Adignación de Número de Identidad de Extranjero (NIE) a instancia del interesado” which is under the heading “Documentos de itentidad y titulos y documentos de viaje a extranjeros indocumentados y otros documentos”

If so, is this the only box they need to tick to get an NIE number?

We got ours from the Spanish Consulate in the UK prior to moving here so only had to complete the form to get our Certificado de Registro which obviously was a different box to complete in our case.

Hepa
03-01-2014, 18:14
None residents do not need to complete the Mod 790, this form is for declaration of overseas assets for foreign residents, living in Spain

Edit,

I have made a mistake here I was thinking of mod 720, sorry, please ignore my post

junglejim
03-01-2014, 21:23
Are your friends in Tenerife as the Modelo 790 has to be paid into Bank before submitting Ex15 and documentation to police .
Check Goldenmaniac's site or contact her for advice

http://www.diana-mcglone.com/#residencia

Mia
03-01-2014, 22:59
Are your friends in Tenerife as the Modelo 790 has to be paid into Bank before submitting Ex15 and documentation to police .
Check Goldenmaniac's site or contact her for advice

http://www.diana-mcglone.com/#residencia

Thanks for your reply Junglejim.

They are coming over in a couple of weeks and want to get the NIE numbers while they are here.

We went to the Police Station in Las Americas yesterday and picked the modelos up for them, so when they arrive they just have to fill them in and go and pay the money at a bank (it is now €9,36) We can then take them to the Police Station with all the other relevant items. This will save them some time as they are only here for a week.

They have already downloaded and printed off the EX-15 application form so are clued up.

The only problem is filling in the address on the modelo 790 as they only have a UK address at present.

Thanks for pointing out Goldenmaniac’s website we have used her site and I find all her advice both on there and on this forum very helpful, problem is we cannot find any help about the actual filling out of the forms (except for translations).

As I said, we got our NIE numbers from the Spanish Consulate in England so did not have to use a modelo 790 because the Consulate do it for free, the only drawback is that it takes 3 or 4 months to do it there. Also when we applied for our “Certificado de Registros” we had already got a Spanish address.

I suppose they could use our address but that is not really correct.

junglejim
04-01-2014, 03:33
PM Golden Maniac, I'm sure she will reply , very helpful !

9PLUS
04-01-2014, 07:29
Jim is helpful once in a while, from time to time, every now & again, once in a blue moon, this is the first time.

pfft

x

Mia
04-01-2014, 13:20
Thanks Jim. I Will pm Golden Maniac, seems like the best thing to do.

Mia
23-01-2014, 16:54
Just to finalise this topic because we went with our friends this week and sailed through the process.

First of all, many thanks to Golden Maniac for replying to my personal mail giving us the correct information.

For anyone who has the same questions, our friends used the apartment address in which they were staying while they were here.

And if you only require an N.I.E. number you only need to cross one box which is “Adignación de Número de Identidad de Extranjero (NIE) a instancia del interesado” which is the one we thought was correct.

languagefan
23-01-2014, 17:48
Complete details, instructions and examples for filling ex15 and modelo 790 can be found here:
http://www.malagalaw.com/news/guides/nie.asp

Good luck

9PLUS
23-01-2014, 17:48
And if you only require an N.I.E. number you only need to cross one box which is “Adignación de Número de Identidad de Extranjero (NIE) a instancia del interesado” which is the one we thought was correct.

Surely that should be

Asignación de Número de Identidad de Extranjero (NIE) a instancia del interesado

Mia
23-01-2014, 18:36
Surely that should be

Asignación de Número de Identidad de Extranjero (NIE) a instancia del interesado

Sorry 9PLUS - You are correct (typing error) oops!