PDA

View Full Version : Other Advice needed on buying a static caravan.

cornflake
02-01-2014, 23:28
Hi all
Just joined this forum for some advice. My parents are looking to buy a static caravan to live in when they retire soon. They have seen once for sale privately secondhand on site. I have a few concerns about the legalities and just want them to make the right choice has they will be spending quite a bit of money and selling their house in UK. I have done a few internet searches but I can't find a lot of info.

If anyone could kindly offer any advice or websites to look at then it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

marbro8
02-01-2014, 23:51
Hi all
Just joined this forum for some advice. My parents are looking to buy a static caravan to live in when they retire soon. They have seen once for sale privately secondhand on site. I have a few concerns about the legalities and just want them to make the right choice has they will be spending quite a bit of money and selling their house in UK. I have done a few internet searches but I can't find a lot of info.

If anyone could kindly offer any advice or websites to look at then it would be much appreciated.

Thanksare you saying they are buying in the uk or tenerife?;)

Susief
03-01-2014, 00:15
Hi all

Thanks

Hi
We have a couple of static caravans on Camping Nauta.
What would you like to know? You can always PM me if you want help?
We have ours since 2008.

Mia
03-01-2014, 23:25
We once had thoughts of buying a caravan on Camping Nauta to retire and live permanently.

On visiting the site we thought it was too far away from shops, etc. because if the time came when we could not drive, it was quite a long walk down the road to catch a bus.

We also checked out the costs and found the site charges quite expensive.
If you can find out the addresses and write to some of the caravan sites they should send you some information.

My views entirely but you obviously have to put some thought into it before spending any money.

Susief
04-01-2014, 12:01
We once had thoughts of buying a caravan on Camping Nauta to retire and live permanently.

On visiting the site we thought it was too far away from shops, etc. because if the time came when we could not drive, it was quite a long walk down the road to catch a bus.

We also checked out the costs and found the site charges quite expensive.
If you can find out the addresses and write to some of the caravan sites they should send you some information.

My views entirely but you obviously have to put some thought into it before spending any money.

There are only 2 residential sites in Tenerife. Camping Nauta near Las Galletas and one up in the hills of Guia de isora
http://www.campingelcastillodehimeche.com/?m=1
I would say you definitely need to drive to live on Camping Nauta.

9PLUS
04-01-2014, 13:45
Caravan owners go under one name and one name only

Susief
04-01-2014, 17:22
Caravan owners go under one name and one name only

Oi you behave! I'll be slapping your legs!

Malteser Monkey
04-01-2014, 18:29
Oi you behave! I'll be slapping your legs!

Why do you think he does it ..............dear

:cheeky::lol:

caz
15-07-2015, 09:13
does any one have info regarding camping nauta and its planning application for static caravans only i have been given conflicting reports on this issue.

Susief23
15-07-2015, 14:45
does any one have info regarding camping nauta and its planning application for static caravans only i have been given conflicting reports on this issue.

I have it on good authority (my friend lives on site permanently) and she has been down to see the MD of CN and yes there were problems some 6/7 years ago but they are fully legal and putting a lot of money back into the site.
We own 4 caravans between us.