PDA

View Full Version : Utilities What costs should we expect for utility bills in Tenerife?

shirley43
08-01-2014, 11:00
Hi all I hope everyone had a lovely Xmas & new year!'

I'm looking for a bit of help with cost of utility bills, we will be living in Callao salvaje as of may (3 bed apartment,small villa)!!

I have looked on the forum but answers seem to vary, roughly what will be the cost of the following -
British tv
Broadband
Telephone
Mobile phone
Elec & water (I hope these are included in rental)
Medical insurance ...

Anything else you think i have overlooked ....

Thanks in advance, any help appreciated.

haggiscbrsix
08-01-2014, 19:51

I'm looking for a bit of help with cost of utility bills, we will be living in Callao salvaje as of may (3 bed apartment,small villa)!!

I have looked on the forum but answers seem to vary, roughly what will be the cost of the following -
British tv
Broadband
Telephone
Mobile phone
Medical insurance ...

Anything else you think i have overlooked

Hi i am looking for the same help and advice but in vilaflor.

bonitatime
10-01-2014, 16:18

British tv
Broadband
Telephone
Mobile phone
Medical insurance ...

Anything else you think i have overlooked ....

Don't have UK TV
Phone internet and mobile is fused and I pay 50€ and 20€ for my other half's phone
50€ a month electric
Water is usually under 20 bimonthly but sometimes 34€
And I am self employed so medical cover comes with my social payment
We are 4 at home

shirley43
03-04-2014, 20:52
We pay Council Tax at home, when renting property in tenerife is there any 'like' tax we would need to pay ??

bonitatime
04-04-2014, 06:55
No that's usually paid by the owner
Adeje is fairy expensive but goes on square metres

Westminster
04-04-2014, 18:59
British TV is available from Premier Communications, at around 30€ per month, upfront payment of 200€, but if you spend around 60€ for Broadband and Telephone you can use a site called Filmon, and watch British TV via the internet.

For a mobile telephone it varies, but I use Moviestar pay as you go, and spend about 10€ monthly, but I don't have a landline.

Medical Insurance will depend on your age, but in any event make sure you have a EHIC card before you leave the UK, it is available free, just go to www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcareabroad/EHIC/.

Good luck, hope you enjoy Callao.

haggiscbrsix
04-04-2014, 19:28
British TV is available from Premier Communications, at around 30€ per month, upfront payment of 200€, but if you spend around 60€ for Broadband and Telephone you can use a site called Filmon, and watch British TV via the internet.

For a mobile telephone it varies, but I use Moviestar pay as you go, and spend about 10€ monthly, but I don't have a landline.

Medical Insurance will depend on your age, but in any event make sure you have a EHIC card before you leave the UK, it is available free, just go to www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcareabroad/EHIC/.

Good luck, hope you enjoy Callao.
I can provide the same but a fee of 170 € I am out there by november at the latest. Also much more than just brtish tv the list is endless.

haggiscbrsix
21-05-2014, 14:09
Hi i am selling up in the uk and looking to move to vilaflor.
What do i need to buy a property there?
Taxes .banks. iva.nie and anyother important things i need to take into account can tax be payable on various things as differant taxes. Thank you ian.