PDA

View Full Version : Other Is there any microlighting in Tenerife?

rosemary
08-01-2014, 14:26
My OH is keen to go microlighting. Anyone know if there is such a thing here? Not paragliding. He prefers something with an engine he said. He is not young strip of a fellow although he thinks he is:crazy:

junglejim
09-01-2014, 06:19
I have seen a couple of motorised gliders around Fanabe Beach ,donīt know where they are based ,this link might help or google Parapente -

http://www.parapentecanarias.com/?lang=en

deepdivejunkie
09-01-2014, 15:31
Contact http://www.airborne.uk.com/ as they have a base here in Tenerife.

rosemary
09-01-2014, 18:49
Thanks DDive but he does want something with an engine. A microlight.

deepdivejunkie
09-01-2014, 19:31
Maybe they can put you in touch with someone tho. Worth asking them. They do mention microlights on there website.

kingbaker
09-02-2014, 19:43
Thanks DDive but he does want something with an engine. A microlight.

A microlight will require a small runway. There are Powered Paramotors and trikes (for two people)

On the Motorway come off at the turn for Playa San Juan. Travel about 100 meters on that road and immediately take the next left turn
you are looking for a landing area beside rough ground at the back of the Bottled Water Factory. Caution!! this is a dangerous junction.

Most evenings when the weather is suitable for flying, pilots congregate there for chat, gossiping and flying. They also have a minibus for returning them to the top of the mountain to fly down again. (Paragliders) Some of these guys are Commercial Pilots and come from round the world. Some fly 737s and others are flying instructors and range from Paragliders all the way up to passenger aircraft. They're a very friendly bunch and newbies are especially welcome (once they dont get in the way). There is also a Paraglider/motor festival in the first few months of the year, in Puerto de La Cruz, where they close off the car park near the shore, and turn it into a small runway. Pleasure flights were about 50 euro each for a flight (powered) of about 10-20 mins duration. (both tandem and trikes)

ABSOLUTELY FAAAABBBBB!!!! A very nice surprise present!! He will love you forever after this!!
(or I'll break his flippin' neck:crylaughing:):D hope this helps Rosemary!!rolleyes2:

rosemary
09-02-2014, 20:36
Thanks very much Kingbaker. If he takes up this idea I'll keep you posted.:tiphat:

kingbaker
09-02-2014, 20:40
:o:D:tongue::confused::):wink2:rolleyes2::bowdown: De nada