PDA

View Full Version : Other What is the cost of renewing UK passport from Tenerife?

jandy
12-01-2014, 14:00
Just realised that our passports expire in July, been searching the net on how to renew them from Tenerife, I can't believe it is going to cost double from here, does anyone know a cheaper way of doing it?

lynnangela
12-01-2014, 14:54
is it possible for you to get the forms and get someone to apply for you in the uk? I realise you will have to fill them in and sign them, but you wont need the form authorised if it for a renewal, only photos need doing. I guess the problem might be that you have to have a uk address?

anegib
12-01-2014, 17:12
I got mine renewed a few years ago through the British Consulate in Madrid. Was expensive was around 150 euros.

primrose
12-01-2014, 18:07
They are not done in Madrid anymore, the forms have to be sent to Belfast and the cost is 137Pounds 37p, that includes cost of delivery to Tenerife.

Andy0210
13-01-2014, 00:25
Itīs really easy to do now, just fill an online form in (link below), at the end you need to have a printer, you print out the declaration which needs signing and countersigning by someone official, you then send the declaration to Belfast with two pics, one signed by the countersignee, you pay online at the time of filling the form in by debit card.

You need to have 9 sheets of paper in the printer as it prints all the help sheets and correct pic info tips as well.
If i can give you one tip every stage it gives you the option to save your application, i would suggest you do that as if you make a mistake on the declaration you can print another one out, i didnīt save and it took them two weeks to send me a copy via email to reprint.

https://www.gov.uk/renew-adult-passport

Jabba43
13-01-2014, 07:39
There is an overseas processing centre in dusseldorf.

UKmember
13-01-2014, 15:14
Where abouts in Tenerife are you?
I could always bring out the forms for you on the 27th Jan and post them in the UK on the 9th Feb when I return. I am moving to Tenerife so I'll be back and forth for a few months.

I'll be in Golf Del Sur.

Steve

jandy
14-01-2014, 15:17
We are in Torviscas alto, Costa Adeje.Thanks for the offer. I think my daughter is going to post forms out to me.

lynnangela
14-01-2014, 16:00
We are in Torviscas alto, Costa Adeje.Thanks for the offer. I think my daughter is going to post forms out to me.

Make sure she sends you at least 3 sets! I went through 5 trying to do my sons passport application!