PDA

View Full Version : Cars & Transport Buying new car in Tenerife

Nikas
12-01-2014, 16:13
Hello,

I really don't know if such thread had been already or not. So sorry in advance. :)

So I think about buying new car in Tenerife, because used cars cost almost the same like new little car (example VW Polo).
I went to http://www.volkswagen.es/es/models/polo.html and see nice price 8.900 Euros. But there is written in little letters "*) PVP recomendado en Península y Baleares de 8.900 € para un Volkswagen Polo Advance 1.2 60 CV".

As I understand this price is recommended for Spain's mainland and Balearics. What about Tenerife then? :)
I was happy to see that new car cost in Spain almost like the used in Tenerife.
So I thought that in Tenerife new car would cost same like in mainland. But I fear that new car in Tenerife could cost much more than in mainland. Is it true? Maybe someone had experience buying new car in Tenerife?

mike in chayofa
12-01-2014, 16:25
The cost of new cars in the Canaries can only (mostly) be discovered by asking the agent and even then they will tell you the price of what is available ie level of equipment, metallic paint and other extras.

They can tell you what will be the cost of a car to your specifications and how long it will take to be available.

Cars vary in price month by month according to manufacturers discounts.

I was recently considering a Peugot 3008 - Style HDi 115 which was priced at 19.192€ in Peugot, Las Chafiras (Automotor). I was then told that that was the December price and that the salesman would call me back the following day with the January price. I am still waiting!!!

I am also still waiting for confirmation and prices for a Citroen C4 Picasso. Again, I was expecting a call at the start of last week.

Business must be good.

Generally speaking the price of a car in Tenerife will be the mainland price minus 21% IVA, plus 13% IGIC plus a bit for extra delivery charges

Tom & Sharon
13-01-2014, 01:14
We bought our car new, and were told the price was lower here than the mainland because taxes are lower. I think you should expect the price to be lower rather than higher?

mike in chayofa
13-01-2014, 11:59
.....I was recently considering a Peugot 3008 - Style HDi 115 which was priced at 19.192€ in Peugot, Las Chafiras (Automotor). I was then told that that was the December price and that the salesman would call me back the following day with the January price. I am still waiting!!!

Just had a call from Peugot a week after the salesman was due to call. The price has risen to 20.203€.

That is over 1.000€ more for 2 cars in stock in the showroom!!!

obs
13-01-2014, 15:16
I take it that you will not be buying one then Mike? :whistle:

Ricman
13-01-2014, 16:21
Nikas, Almost all the Spanish car adverts now show the price including the PIVE arrangement i.e. like the UK scrappage deal. This can be more than 2000 for your old car & really distorts the price if you aint got an old one to trade in.
Coincidentally, my neighbour bought exactly the car you mentioned, a Polo, last summer. With a few little extras it cost him just over 11,000 euros & he is well pleased with it.
Mike in Chayofa, exactly the same thing happened with my neighbour at the Peugot place in Las Chafiras this time last year, before he decided on the Polo. He was looking at a 208 in December & they told him to come back in January as the price would change. It did, UP by about a grand.

bonitatime
13-01-2014, 16:29
My youngest just bought a Peugeot from Las Chafiras i have to say i was very impressed with the price And the way we were treated (i had to cosign with her)