PDA

View Full Version : Other Any residents willing to have a coffee and chat?

La Marina
13-01-2014, 12:42
Husband and I are going to be staying in Adeje on 2nd Feb for three weeks. We are retired and live on the Costa Blanca. We wondered if any residents there would be willing to meet up with us for a coffee and chat somewhere so we can pick their brains. :) WeŽve done this ourselves for new people moving to our part of the world, or renting our studio apartment so they know the best places to go, procedures on how to do this and that etc.

This is a trial for us to see if we will be regularly going to Tenerife to escape our coldest and most humid months here on the mainland. We have already arranged another trip in August, this time swopping our studio for a couple of places in the South and North of the Island. Who knows, we may decide to move over one day.

If anyone would like to meet up with us, we can have a good chat about the differences of living on the mainland as apposed to the island, so donŽt be shy, we wonŽt bite and weŽre a nice, normal, friendly couple in our 60s. If you have a couple of hours to spare during our visit please message me and we can arrange something.:hello:

Leam_Lin
13-01-2014, 12:47
Welcome to the forum.

Malteser Monkey
13-01-2014, 13:28
And from me !

La Marina
13-01-2014, 13:54
Thanks. WeŽve not long come back from a week in South Wales. Great time even though weather was rain, rain and more rain :)

Malteser Monkey
13-01-2014, 13:57
Thanks. WeŽve not long come back from a week in South Wales. Great time even though weather was rain, rain and more rain :)

Come and join me in the North much nicer:D

La Marina
13-01-2014, 15:10
OOps my mistake. It was the North. Buckley.

Malteser Monkey
13-01-2014, 15:25
OOps my mistake. It was the North. Buckley.

that's better - warbey territory:D

Santiago
13-01-2014, 18:21
that's better - warbey territory:D

So, what's wrong with Cornwall?

warbey
13-01-2014, 20:20

Sombody called.?

Yes I could have had a chat about the South and a little of the lovely North whilst You were in Buckley.

You leave Tenerife before We arrive, so sorry about that.

I also have experience of the Peninsla, (Mainland).

Being aware of Territorial wrangles, I am always a bit careful to Remember the Canaries Natives are Canarians first, Spanish second.

I think They are easy-going, and have a good sense of humour generally..
Funnily enough, a Couple from Valencia disagreed and said They (Valencians) are better.....?

We have also spent time in Catalonia, and made good Spanish Friends too.

The one drawback is You MUST be careful about Pickpockets and Robbers.
It seems to mbe open Season on Tourists from Landing to Take-off.

Most of all, The Island may become Somewhere special to Visit or Live.
It's already that to many of Us on this Forum

Enjoy.

bonitatime
13-01-2014, 21:12
If you are happy to be patient I am more than happy to meet whilst I am at work come down and we can have coffee I might need to get up if clients come in is the only thing
I am a bit younger and working but always happy to chat
PM me

Malteser Monkey
13-01-2014, 22:39
So, what's wrong with Cornwall?

another flight hun ? :D

shaun kelly
14-01-2014, 02:39
Hi , we have a place in Adeje and would have loved to have helped you , sadly we are out end March / beginning of April , Sept and Dec .

La Marina
14-01-2014, 12:44
WeŽre coming back to Tenerife in August, 2 weeks in Puerto de la Cruz and 1 week in San Miguel de Albono, so perhaps if weŽre not too far away we can meet you then Shaun :)

Tony the Welder
17-01-2014, 09:53
hi there what is the weather like in the costa blanca now . I woud be happy to meet up for a chat I know lots of people in Tenerife but they do not live in the costa if you can find my brain you are quite welcome to pick it but it.it will be possibly towards the end of your holliday as I have things to do at the beginning of feb but if you pm me I am sure I can find time to come up to see you tony

La Marina
17-01-2014, 10:14
Thanks Tony, IŽll be in touch. IŽve had a few messages from the kind folk here, so looking forward to meeting them whilst weŽre there.

Weather here is milder than it has been, but still cold enough for a fire at night and a bit inconsistent - yesterday was dull and drizzly, today looks to be lovely and sunny and so itŽll be warmer outside than in. We tend to get the best of the local weather where we are, guess because we have mountains behind us creating a micro climate. February is usually our coldest month, hence why I want to escape to Tenerife. :)

Tony the Welder
20-01-2014, 04:58
hi my name is tony and I have just retired so have lots of spare time l have been in Tenerife for 20 years will be on holiday s first 2 weeks in feb so after that I am free you can pick my brain and vise versa pm or give me a call on 659489690

La Marina
20-01-2014, 09:02
Hi Tony,

WeŽll give you a call in our last week. Thanks :)