PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork Inheritance Tax

Hey Jude
13-01-2014, 19:46
A friendīs husband died on Holiday in Tenerife in Nov.

Funeral etc all ok but they had a bank account for bills(water, basura etc)at time of death under 1000€ in both names but his was first (Titular) and she could also pay in or pay out. Their apartment is in her name only .

Does anybody know is she has to pay tax on this sum to Madrid as non-resident and who would be the best person to do this?

What paperwork is needed?

Any ideas?

bonitatime
13-01-2014, 21:13
Who does their non resident tax
That would be who I would try and ask

delderek
13-01-2014, 21:30
Who does their non resident tax
That would be who I would try and ask

Inheritance tax is something most people bury their heads about. If they didn't. No one would buy a property in Spain. I.e. no relief between husband and wife. One dies the other is in for a whacking bill. If you own the property that is.

Hey Jude
13-01-2014, 22:00
There is no property in his name!

Her accountant, who does her tax would probably cost more then the few hundred euros in the account. She only wanted to know if it is compursory. Everone is trying to help and she is now very unsettled and only wants to avoid suprises later on I guess.

delderek
13-01-2014, 22:10
There is no property in his name!

Her accountant, who does her tax would probably cost more then the few hundred euros in the account. She only wanted to know if it is compursory. Everone is trying to help and she is now very unsettled and only wants to avoid suprises later on I guess.

Agreed. On that tiny bank account amount. It will be nothing.

Hey Jude
13-01-2014, 22:21
Thanks anyway!!!