PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy plastic bags for liquids?

realejos
13-01-2014, 20:48
Hello,

Where can I buy plastic bags for liquids on planes? Can I buy them somewhere in Los Gigantes/Puerto Santiago or at South Airport?

Thanks.

lynnangela
13-01-2014, 22:11
How about just buying some ziplock or similar, freezer bags from a supermarket?

bonitatime
13-01-2014, 23:45
How about just buying some ziplock or similar, freezer bags from a supermarket?

That's what I use

realejos
14-01-2014, 00:04
OK, I didn't know that I can use ANY transparent bag. Thanks.

junglejim
14-01-2014, 00:11
Just get a plastic bag from Mercadona Veg counter! Thatīs what I use !

tfs1
14-01-2014, 09:03
flying from the UK the specification for carrying liquids in hand luggage is very specific:

containers should be in a single, transparent, resealable plastic bag, which holds no more than a litre and measures approximately 20cm x 20cm (8inx8in).

We have seen people using various sized bags including standard freezer bags i.e. larger than the spec being pulled out of the security queue and told to buy bags of the correct size before they can pass through the security area.

As you would expect most airports have machines that dispense the correct size bags for a fee!

Flying back to the UK airports are sometimes a little more forgiving but some are not.

bonitatime
16-01-2014, 13:30
They only check onto the plane not getting off
Coming back you may have more difficulty

tfs1
17-01-2014, 17:13
Flying back to the UK airports are sometimes a little more forgiving but some are not.

having reread the above in my post I tried to edit it to clarify what I was trying to say but can not for some reason edit it ?

I was trying to say: when you start your journey, say from TFS, they maybe a little more forgiving and not worry too much about bag sizes.

On one occasion we came through TFS security and forgot about a small bottle of water in our hand luggage, that went through the xray machine and nothing was mentioned to us by the staff.