PDA

View Full Version : Employment Searching for the employment

Liuba
13-01-2014, 21:31
Dear friends,
I'd like to have any useful advice from you regarding employment in Tenerife. Some words about me and my family. I live in Italy and I have a really good job as a sales manager in Italian engineering company. As you can understand from my name I'm Russian but I live in Italy for 12 years already, so I speak Russian, Italian and English. No Spanish at the moment, but I don't think it will be difficult to learn it. My husband has a bar and he's a really skilled barman. He's interested to buy a bar somewhere near the beach. We also have a 11 years old son who will obviously need a school. Does somebody know if there any multinational company situated in Tenerife which can give me a possibility to have a similar employment there as I have in Italy. Maybe you can also give any suggestion for my husband. Thank you in advance.
Regards

bonitatime
13-01-2014, 23:47
Not if you don't speak Spanish

helenvn
14-01-2014, 00:00
Hi Liuba,

I am Russian too and live in Tenerife. It is very high unemployment here and I doubt that you will find many local engineering companies. The place is tourist oriented, so maybe some large hotels are hiring. I would recommend you to learn at least basic Spanish, before you move here. We have Italian friends here and they say the life is a lot cheaper on Tenerife.

Our own kid is 14 and he goes to private British Wingate School already for 3 years. His English is now better than mine... :-) and Spanish too http://www.wingateschool.com/. They have such schools in the south and the north.

I have no idea about purchasing bars though. I hope my 5 cents help you and wish you to find something. :-)

Helen

SeanC
14-01-2014, 00:28
Hi Liuba,

You have to remember that Tenerife is an island. Unemployment within the islands is somewhere between 30-35%. I'm no expert on the field of engineering but your chances of finding a job similar to the one you currently have in Italy are very, very slim.

Check out the threads on relocating to Tenerife & employment. There's lot of information in there. This one might be a good starting point for your husband http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?337-Buying-a-bar-in-Tenerife

9PLUS
14-01-2014, 09:55
Dear friends,
I'd like to have any useful advice from you regarding employment in Tenerife. Some words about me and my family. I live in Italy and I have a really good job as a sales manager in Italian engineering company. As you can understand from my name I'm Russian but I live in Italy for 12 years already, so I speak Russian, Italian and English. No Spanish at the moment, but I don't think it will be difficult to learn it. My husband has a bar and he's a really skilled barman. He's interested to buy a bar somewhere near the beach. We also have a 11 years old son who will obviously need a school. Does somebody know if there any multinational company situated in Tenerife which can give me a possibility to have a similar employment there as I have in Italy. Maybe you can also give any suggestion for my husband. Thank you in advance.
Regards

If your husband is a really skilled barman do you mean he's great at flaring ?

If so, more than likely one of the many nightclub may take him on.

As for Engineering not really much of that goes on here

You'll both need to speak Spanish or you'll limit yourselves way too much in those 2 fields.