PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair for me

Pages : [1] 2

norjac
15-01-2014, 22:23
As a long time user of Ryanair, I had to fly to Gatwick. As they do not fly there I chose Norwegian airlines. Now the down side. No online check in, so I had to queue even though I only had hand luggage. The plane was old, the seat was rock hard a very uncomfortable 4 hours. I thought Ryaniar was expensive for food but they are cheaper than Norwegian. On Ryanair a cup of tea costs about £2.70 but it's a really big cup. Norwegian £2.50 for a small paper cup. Thumbs down for Norwegian, I will be glad to get back on a Ryanair flight, where the seats are nice and cumfy, and you get a decent cuppa, and you can check in online!!!

karinagal
15-01-2014, 22:38
I agree - Ryanair are usually always cheapest and best for me. If you follow their rules, you will have no issues. They are the only reason that I can afford to fly out to my Place in the Sun as often as I do!! Thanks Uncle Mick! :p :D :p

norjac
15-01-2014, 22:48
I agree - Ryanair are usually always cheapest and best for me. If you fo5 yearsrly for llow their rules, you will have no issues. They are the only reason that I can afford to fly out to my Place in the Sun as often as I do!! Thanks Uncle Mick! :p :D :p

Couldn't agree more. I have flown with them regularly for 5 years and only had one delay and that was the very bad winter a couple of years ago. why do people knock them. Hopefully it will be even better now you can book your seat. Mine is already booked for the end of February!!

Megaloo
15-01-2014, 23:33
I have not flown with them yet but have a flight booked for May. From friends I have had good reports and all have said they were new planes so maybe I wonder were you unlucky?

dixie4
16-01-2014, 05:04
Ryanair has the thumbs up from me also.
I always pay the extra for priority boarding it is well worth it.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Ryanair has the thumbs up from me also.
I always pay the extra for priority boarding it is well worth it.

Tony the Welder
16-01-2014, 07:42
you get what you pay for i have no problems with Ryanair

theslaters
16-01-2014, 09:22
Total opposite for us !!! We have flown Norwegian a couple of times to Tenerife and main land and been fantastic online check in scan at airport job done, brand new planes clean tidy ontime to be fair never flown Ryanair but Norwegian better that squeezyjet and even BA.

Susief
16-01-2014, 09:26
I always fly with RA because they are always way cheaper than other airlines but last time and my next time I haven't flown with them as they were much more expensive. Flying out with Easyjet (mainly because time better and same price as RA) and flying back with Thomsons as was £25 cheaper. Sorry Uncle Mickey

Ramage9
16-01-2014, 09:41
I'm flying over in mid-February with Ryanair, for the first time. Usually fly with Monarch, but RA were cheaper this time and had better flight times for me. We are a couple with two small children (2 and 4) so want to sit together - without paying RA extra for each seat to choose. I read on their website that from the beginning of February that you may get allocated seats when you check in - does anyone know if this is correct?

norjac
16-01-2014, 10:21
I have not flown with them yet but have a flight booked for May. From friends I have had good reports and all have said they were new planes so maybe I wonder were you unlucky?
No idea, just know the seat was hard with no give in it. After years with Ryanair with a comfortable seat I was disappointed, also surprised at the high cost of food. I have been to Norway and everthing is expensive there, so maybe I should have expected it on their planes, just be prepared, and don't buy a cup of tea!!

kiwiphil
16-01-2014, 10:30
Total opposite for us !!! We have flown Norwegian a couple of times to Tenerife and main land and been fantastic online check in scan at airport job done, brand new planes clean tidy ontime to be fair never flown Ryanair but Norwegian better that squeezyjet and even BA.

Same here, Norwegian definitely a touch better than the rest for me. FREE WiFi on the plane too!! I do 16 -18 trips a year between TFS and LGW and use Easyjet, Monarch and Norwegian. I mix and match too, fly back to the UK on one airline, return to Tenerife on another which helps to optimise costs.

I have had more delays on Monarch than the others but mostly put this down as just bad luck. Monarch are a pain in not having any free online check in option, so I favour the other two.

tfs1
16-01-2014, 10:41
I read on their website that from the beginning of February that you may get allocated seats when you check in - does anyone know if this is correct?

If you haven't prebooked and selected the seats you want (for a fee!) you will be allocated seats during the online checkin process (ie not at the airport).

If you take a chance and not prebook I would suggest you checkin online asap to try and see if they allocate you 4 seats together, if you leave it too late you could be all over the place !

PS As you already know the only way to ensure you all sit together is to prebook which means paying.

norjac
16-01-2014, 11:41
I'm flying over in mid-February with Ryanair, for the first time. Usually fly with Monarch, but RA were cheaper this time and had better flight times for me. We are a couple with two small children (2 and 4) so want to sit together - without paying RA extra for each seat to choose. I read on their website that from the beginning of February that you may get allocated seats when you check in - does anyone know if this is correct?

I would pay for your seats, as you will be allocated seats 24 hrs before you travel, so you may not get seats together.

lynnangela
16-01-2014, 12:19
Norwegian Air doesnt have online check in yet which is the only drawback as far as I have seen so far and Ive flown with them a few times now. I agree the food is expensive on board, but I cant believe it is significantly dearer than other airlines. £4.50 for a very nice toasted sandwich, they do a meal deal for £8.50 for a club sandwich, drink and boxed crisps, and I think they do a standard airline type hot meal for £10.

On the upside, if you want to prebook extra legroom seat its £3. That's the same price as prebooking any seat as Norwegian Air don't make a difference between standard and extra legroom seats. A good point to note though is that the first 10 rows or so all seem to have more legroom in any case. I think its £30 for extra legroom on Monarch, I don't know about Ryanair.

A suitcase is £16 each, each way, and you can have 2 suitcases so a total of 40kg each way. Monarch for instance allow you only 1 suitcase, I cant remember what the cost is but its a lot more than £16, you can buy extra kilos but nothing like a total of 40kg. The extra luggage allowance has been a godsend for me, as we settled here only last July so im still bringing essentials with me from UK. One day hopefully Ill be able to travel hand luggage only!

The leather seats on Norwegian Air do strike me as being thin, but once im settled they feel pretty comfortable to me.

I really like their website, its easy to navigate and easy to get a whole month of dates and prices in one view. Prices are often around £36 from Tenerife to Gatwick and £46 from Gatwick back to Tenerife, and I earn points each time I book which takes a little bit off the cost of the next flight.

One of the big bonuses of flying Norwegian is that you get free wifi during the flight and the connection speed is pretty good, good enough to stream tv or video. Also, and I know im tempting fate here, they are very prompt!, every flight of theirs ive been on has landed early, even if it took off late. If they can take off early they will, so be warned don't dawdle at the airport. On one occasion going back to Gatwick, the pilot announced they were ready to go 20 minutes before the scheduled time, and 2 passengers were still not on board. They were looking for the luggage so if it was found before the passengers turned up the plane was going without them! They did turn up as it happens just a couple minutes later, but I bear that in mind now!

tfs1
16-01-2014, 13:11
Currently everyone can checkin online and print boarding passes from 15 days prior to departure.

As part of the allocated seating changes from 1 Feb those who have not prebooked seating will only be able to checkin from 7 days prior to departure where a seat will be allocated at the time of checkin. Below taken from the Ryanair website.

Ryanair customers who do not wish to pre-select their seats can check-in during the period from 7 days to 2 hours prior to their flight and they will be assigned an allocated seat at no cost. (Free allocated seats will not be available prior to 7 days before each flight departure).

This is the link should you wish to read all of the info.

http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/ryanair-launches-allocated-seating-on-all-flights-from-1-feb

Ramage9
16-01-2014, 14:05
Currently everyone can checkin online and print boarding passes from 15 days prior to departure.

As part of the allocated seating changes from 1 Feb those who have not prebooked seating will only be able to checkin from 7 days prior to departure where a seat will be allocated at the time of checkin. Below taken from the Ryanair website.

This is the link should you wish to read all of the info.

http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/ryanair-launches-allocated-seating-on-all-flights-from-1-feb

Apologies if I'm being stupid and missing it - does that mean I can check in online 7 days before the flight and be allocated a seat? But not necessarily choose my seats?

Ramage9
16-01-2014, 14:26
Is this saying that I can check in online up to 7 days prior to my flight, where I will be allocated a seat number - but I guess I wont get to choose the seats? Do you think the online system will be intelligent enough to sit the adults and children together?

delderek
16-01-2014, 14:57
Is this saying that I can check in online up to 7 days prior to my flight, where I will be allocated a seat number - but I guess I wont get to choose the seats? Do you think the online system will be intelligent enough to sit the adults and children together?

That would depend on how many seats left, and where the passengers that have pre booked seats have chosen to sit. The only way to be certain is to pre book.

Susief
16-01-2014, 18:07
That would depend on how many seats left, and where the passengers that have pre booked seats have chosen to sit. The only way to be certain is to pre book.

You can't book seats once you've booked flights. Next time they give you the option is at check in stage.
If it was me and I was taking children I would bite the bullet and book prebooked seats when I booked flights. They still work out cheaper than other airlines.

tfs1
16-01-2014, 19:36

its saying if you don't want to pay for seats you will only be able to checkin 7 days before your flight ie you will not be able to checkin earlier than 7 days before your flight if not selecting and paying for your seats.

If you do this, for the final time it will give you the option to select you seats which you will pay for.

If you dont do this your seats will be allocated and you only find out what seats you have been given after you have hit the online checkin button and too late then to do anything !

You can still prebook seating 15 days before departure as part of the checkin process.

From 3 March 2014 you will be able to checkin 30 days before departure.

green1960
16-01-2014, 19:42
You can't book seats once you've booked flights. Next time they give you the option is at check in stage.
If it was me and I was taking children I would bite the bullet and book prebooked seats when I booked flights. They still work out cheaper than other airlines.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think you can book seats in the section 'Manage your booking'. It is in the same section, as add bags. I hope so cos this is what I intend to do

Susief
16-01-2014, 19:57
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think you can book seats in the section 'Manage your booking'. It is in the same section, as add bags. I hope so cos this is what I intend to do

Last time I booked I thought I'd leave my seats until later in the month. I accessed manage my booking and all I could add was bags and priority boarding. I rang the call centre and the lady told me if I didn't get seats when buying flights then I'd have to wait until I checked in, which was 15 days before I flew with them.
It may have changed but that was in September.

tfs1
16-01-2014, 20:06
I can see an option for reserved seating in the 'manage my booking' section but its not included in the 'select option' from the subsequent dropdown list.

My understanding is (until 3 March):

15 days until your flight. You can checkin if you have prebooked seats or wish to prebook (and pay) your seats and then checkin.

7 days until your flight. Checkin and ryanair allocate seats 'free' or final chance to prebook and pay for your seats and then checkin.

If you can reserve seats outside of the checkin process please let us all know !

shaun kelly
17-01-2014, 18:41

We would second that , we have booked March and September with Norwegian even though Easy are now flying out of Southend , which is our closest airport . Haven't flown with Robbin air for years even though Stanstead is closer than Gatwick . Norwegian , online booking , newly refurbished south terminal at Gatwick , new planes LOADS of leg room and competetively priced . No brainer !!!

Tenerife Sun
18-01-2014, 00:18
I love Norwegian Airlines especially the leg room. I can't move on Ryanair, my knees are wedged against the back of the seat in front. The planes I travelled on were quite new and the staff friendly and made time to answer any questions. Unfortunately Gatwick is not so good for me.

Ideally I would fly from Stansted to Tenerife North with Norwegian Air but somehow I don't think is going to happen. :cry::cry::pray:

tfs1
18-01-2014, 14:12
As part of the allocated seating changes from 1 Feb those who have not prebooked seating will only be able to checkin from 7 days prior to departure where a seat will be allocated at the time of checkin

Yesterday Ryanair have updated their reserved seating plans and published on their website the following:

General Allocated Seats - Customers who don’t wish to pay for a Premium or Regular seat can check-in online between 15 days to 4 hours prior to scheduled flight departure and will be assigned a randomly allocated seat at zero cost.

So we are all back to the 15 days option, presumably this will move to 30 days for everyone from 3 March.

golf birdie
18-01-2014, 14:22
Yesterday Ryanair have updated their reserved seating plans and published on their website the following:

So we are all back to the 15 days option, presumably this will move to 30 days for everyone from 3 March.

I wish they would raise the price of the leg space seats as now they are all being booked due to only costing an extra 5€ more than the normal seats.

tfs1
18-01-2014, 15:48
I wish they would raise the price of the leg space seats as now they are all being booked due to only costing an extra 5€ more than the normal seats.

Give it time and I'm sure they will.

kingbaker
18-01-2014, 17:34
:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

Was in Brumingum recently and I was the only one to book a seat with Priority Boarding...seat 1A up front on the left at the window...........Everyone else just picked their seat in the usual way.:D:D:D

marbro8
18-01-2014, 21:10
Couldn't agree more. I have flown with them regularly for 5 years and only had one delay and that was the very bad winter a couple of years ago. why do people knock them. Hopefully it will be even better now you can book your seat. Mine is already booked for the end of February!!i agree totally, we book our seats with extra leg room (even though we are both about 5ft 4 inches) with that we get priority boarding, it never ceases to amaze me when people look at you in disgust when you get called before them(errrr i paid for it) and some tight fisted sod of 6ft 6" gets on and gives you the evil stare because you are a short **** sitting in extra leg room seat(errrr i paid for it) and the tight fisters trying to get the extra leg room seats when boarded ,when they can see the seats empty and tapped off, and are told no is priceless:crylaughing:

tfs1
19-01-2014, 12:43

Ryanair have confirmed you will be able to reserve seats in 'manage your booking'. It's as if they are also reading this thread and putting out answers / clarifications to the points raised !

Ramage9
19-01-2014, 13:29
Do you think you can pay to choose a seat, after you have checked in and been allocated a seat - if that seat isn't suitable?

So, if I checked in and our four seats were all separated - could I then pay to choose four different seats? Just worried our kids will be allocated seats away from everyone, but don't want to bump another £40 on my flight costs by prebooking if it isn't needed.

primrose
19-01-2014, 13:40
Do you think you can pay to choose a seat, after you have checked in and been allocated a seat - if that seat isn't suitable?

So, if I checked in and our four seats were all separated - could I then pay to choose four different seats? Just worried our kids will be allocated seats away from everyone, but don't want to bump another £40 on my flight costs by prebooking if it isn't needed.

Sorry but I really would have thought that paying 40 Pounds to make sure that your 2 children would be sat with you would have been your number one priority,to risk two children 2 and 4 being separated from their parents is unbelievable are you going to put the responsibility of their safety on to somebody else and just imagine how the children will feel being sat with strangers.

LUCKY
19-01-2014, 13:48
Sorry but I really would have thought that paying 40 Pounds to make sure that your 2 children would be sat with you would have been your number one priority,to risk two children 2 and 4 being separated from their parents is unbelievable are you going to put the responsibility of their safety on to somebody else and just imagine how the children will feel being sat with strangers.

Thank goodness i don't travel Ryan, I for one would not want to be sat at the side of a strange child, Without its parent to take care of it.As i said i would not travel Ryanair we do have some standards even here at Lower GDS:flatcap:

tfs1
19-01-2014, 13:55

I don't think Ryanair are that thoughtless and probably the worse you will get are 2 pairs of seats - 1adult and 1 child allocated to each pair.

Unlikely to be able to select seats after checkin - they will say you had plenty of chance before to select seats and get peace of mind etc - 'you pays your money' etc

Perhaps we would all like to do what you suggest so unlikely to be an option.

lynnangela
19-01-2014, 13:58

I think if that happens, then you are too late as im sure the airline will sit you all together if its possible. If you find you are split up it will be because there are no blocks of 4 available. I understand your need to save another £40 on the cost of the flight, so really you have 2 choices. Make sure you are first in line to check in, so get there early, or prebook.

However, realistically? if I found myself sat next to a strange child I would swap with the parent so they could have the offspring, that's assuming of course that the parent is willing to swap lol

tfs1
19-01-2014, 17:01
Make sure you are first in line to check in, so get there early, or prebook.

As you know arriving early will not make much difference as everyone checks in online rather than at the airport but checking in asap online may help you.

My view about prebooking seats is if you are a couple or with teenage kids (who probably dont want to be with you anyway!) I would take the chance and not bother with prebooking. If I had young children I would book and pay and not have any grief or worry - its a holiday at the end of the day !

I have seen Ryanair crew try and help sit people together if possible you may be lucky but then again you may not.

Where does it end ? I want to sit by the window do I ask to be moved if I'm in the middle seat, my mate likes the aisle seat does he make a fuss if he is by the window, my other mate likes sitting towards the back of the plane does he ask if he is in row 9 ?

Now that free choice has sadly gone where you want to sit you either take whats offered for free or pay - the choice is simple.

Susief
19-01-2014, 18:05

Just pay the extra. How could you even contemplate not sitting with your children. You can't book 4 seats in a row as the RA planes are 2 x 3 but one adult could sit across in aisle seat.
I have been on flights when people with kids get on, usually last and then expect people who have either paid or got in queue in good time to move to accommodate them.
Just get the seats booked.

primrose
19-01-2014, 18:20

If your that worried why won't you pay the extra to make sure the children are with you,for goodness sake they are 2 and 4 years old, they are still babies. Have a few less drinks in Tenerife and use that money to make sure your children are with you.A lot of Children suffer with terrible pain in their ears on take off and if they are not with you who do you think is going to see to them, you won't be able leave your seat.Why you would even risk it is beyond me.

Ramage9
19-01-2014, 19:41
If your that worried why won't you pay the extra to make sure the children are with you,for goodness sake they are 2 and 4 years old, they are still babies. Have a few less drinks in Tenerife and use that money to make sure your children are with you.A lot of Children suffer with terrible pain in their ears on take off and if they are not with you who do you think is going to see to them, you won't be able leave your seat.Why you would even risk it is beyond me.

Thank you for your TWO replies which suggest I am a bad father for potentially having my two children sat away from me. Of course I wouldn't let that happen. I have not flown Ryanair before and am just asking peoples opinion (who might know how Ryanair operate their seat system) how they think it may be arranged. I have only flown to TFS with Monarch before and seat allocation is organised upon check-in on the day of the flight. We just didn't want to pay another £40 (on top of flights, accommodation and spending money) if people didn't think we would need to.

I was looking for helpful replies, so please do not bother. Rant over, but those two messages really annoyed me.

delderek
19-01-2014, 19:48
Agreed, they would have annoyed me as well. Asking for information shouldn't get a response like that.

primrose
19-01-2014, 19:56
Thank you for your TWO replies which suggest I am a bad father for potentially having my two children sat away from me. Of course I wouldn't let that happen. I have not flown Ryanair before and am just asking peoples opinion (who might know how Ryanair operate their seat system) how they think it may be arranged. I have only flown to TFS with Monarch before and seat allocation is organised upon check-in on the day of the flight. We just didn't want to pay another £40 (on top of flights, accommodation and spending money) if people didn't think we would need to.

I was looking for helpful replies, so please do not bother. Rant over, but those two messages really annoyed me.

The whole point of your posts was to save 40 Pounds, if you want to take the risk to be separated from your Babies for the sake of saving that much good luck to you, my posts may have annoyed you but not half as much as you have annoyed me, even just thinking you could risk being separated from to small children and if you bother to read through the thread there wasn't just me that disagreed with you. I quote your post [We are a couple with two small children (2 and 4) so want to sit together - without paying RA extra for each seat to choose]

Ramage9
19-01-2014, 20:53
The whole point of your posts was to save 40 Pounds, if you want to take the risk to be separated from your Babies for the sake of saving that much good luck to you, my posts may have annoyed you but not half as much as you have annoyed me, even just thinking you could risk being separated from to small children and if you bother to read through the thread there wasn't just me that disagreed with you. I quote your post [We are a couple with two small children (2 and 4) so want to sit together - without paying RA extra for each seat to choose]

Thank you delderek who agreed that your comments were out of order. Easy to be nasty to people hidden behind your OC isn't it - I didn't expected such a horrible response on what is meant to be a friendly forum.

Again, I would not risk being orated from my children which is exactly why I asked people the question. I can just about afford this break from work but will pay £40 if it is the only way to be sure we sit together. I don't know how Ryanair and their system works - that is exactly what I was trying to find out, as their T&Cs aren't clear and when I emailed Ryanair themselves, they didn't really know themselves how this new system worked. I was asking whether I could pay for 4 seats after online check-in if the automatic seat allocation didn't recognise to put us together (or in 2 seats of two together).

Please don't reply to this, as you have really angered me as my children always come first to me and no one has ever questioned this ever in my life, until you (a total stranger) has done.

I will prebooking the seats to be safe - thank you for the other peoples advice.

Thank you delderek who agreed that your comments were out of order. Easy to be nasty to people hidden behind your PC isn't it - I didn't expected such a horrible response on what is meant to be a friendly forum.

Again, I would not risk being separated from my children which is exactly why I asked people the question. I can just about afford this break from work but will pay £40 if it is the only way to be sure we sit together. I don't know how Ryanair and their system works - that is exactly what I was trying to find out, as their T&Cs aren't clear and when I emailed Ryanair themselves, they didn't really know themselves how this new system worked. I was asking whether I could pay for 4 seats after online check-in if the automatic seat allocation didn't recognise to put us together (or in 2 seats of two together).

Please don't reply to this, as you have really angered me as my children always come first to me and no one has ever questioned this ever in my life, until you (a total stranger) has done.

I will prebooking the seats to be safe - thank you for the other peoples advice.

Buzz
19-01-2014, 22:49
Flown with Ryanair a few times myself but didn't enjoy my last experience.

The flight being delyed for 10 hours was bad enough but no one on the ground was able to confirm the delay, tell us how long the delay was or provide any info at all until well after the flights original flight time. We had to find out from fellow flyers who had received emails. Again these were received beyond the flights departure leaving us in limbo for several hours. We received an email as well but what good is that when your in an area where you have to pay for wifi. To add to this the aircraft cabin was filthy once it arrived and we were told we couldn't sit in the seats we had reserved even though the plane was half full.

We still haven't been given a reason for why the flight was delayed apart from it wasn't there fault. We are current seeking compensation until a proper reason is provided.

As I say we have flown before with no problems but this situation was poorly handled and there current evasion tactics are frustrating. They may be cheaper but I certainly don't want to go through this again. Things happen. It's how you deal with them that count.

DaveK
20-01-2014, 00:37
You've been lucky. Ryanair are renowned for changing your flight plan, usually telling you it will leave two days later or bring you back a day earlier. You can cancel and get a refund or bite the bullet and have your travel plans disrupted. Happened to me on a three day break Liverpool to Bergamot (for Milan). Their attractive deal included car parking at Liverpool and car hire in Italy. Luckily I hadn't prepaid for three nights at the hotel or would have lost on that as well. Hertz don't refund for early return. Airport parking don't refund. Ryanair don't refund 'cos you accepted the change. Went out on a Wednesday evening, should have returned Saturday but back on Friday. One day to scoot around the lakes and mountains. Their disruption made it more expensive for less value in the end. Ryanair's just rearranged my son's family trip to Reus which completely cocks up his holiday plans. He's cancelled and booked with Jet2com. Never again, Monarch or Jet2com in future. I reckon the seats they sell cheap until the plane has a full load are continued to be advertised at a higher price. As the late buyers move in, the early birds get bumped off. (In their favour we did get to Dublin for a penny each way when Ryanair was friendly and new).

Buzz
20-01-2014, 00:54
You should have a read of this: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/flight-delays and see if you are entitled to compensation. Can be dated back as far as 2005. The delay has to be the airlines fault and how much you are entitled to depends on how far you traveled and how long you were delayed but worth a shot if you haven't already.

DaveK
20-01-2014, 01:08
Yep, do know about compensation for delay but this was a cancellation/rearrangement of flight which I accepted. No compo for that. Brother in Law, single man- seems to be in the air more than down here and regularly uses Ryanair. Usually only with hand luggage and he's had no problems. Not my experience though..never again.

Buzz
20-01-2014, 01:21
Ah I see.

All it takes is one bad experience. I'm sure you will find similar tales from all the airlines but as I said before it's how they deal with them that makes the difference. I was not impressed with the way Ryan air handled this one so will think twice before I use them again. Although bad experience or not they usually are the cheapest and that difference could be an extra couple of nights out. Saved about £40 on each ticket last time.

murph
20-01-2014, 01:29

I would have happily paid £50 to have my kids sit with someone else when they were 4 & 2

:lol::airplane::rofl:

I don't think Ryanair are that thoughtless and probably the worse you will get are 2 pairs of seats - 1adult and 1 child allocated to each pair.

Unlikely to be able to select seats after checkin - they will say you had plenty of chance before to select seats and get peace of mind etc - 'you pays your money' etc

Perhaps we would all like to do what you suggest so unlikely to be an option.

Seriously though, as there are rules about children travelling alone, there will be a default that sits each child with at least one adult who is travelling with them

LUCKY
20-01-2014, 23:03
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2542666/Furious-Ryanair-passengers-launch-revolt-steal-booze-trolley-faced-24-hour-delay-following-emergency-landing.html :flatcap:

emmess
21-01-2014, 19:24
To try and provide more information to the man travelling with two small children, this link from RA's website might help

http://www.ryanair.com/en/questions/will-families-be-split-up-if-they-do-not-wish-to-pay-for-allocated-seating

We will endeavour to seat families together however this will not always be possible. If you want to be guaranteed seats together we recommend that seats are purchased.

If you chose not to select and purchase a seat and have been randomly allocated seats which are not together please contact our call centre so that may try to assist you.

delderek
21-01-2014, 19:47
To try and provide more information to the man travelling with two small children, this link from RA's website might help

http://www.ryanair.com/en/questions/will-families-be-split-up-if-they-do-not-wish-to-pay-for-allocated-seating

We will endeavour to seat families together however this will not always be possible. If you want to be guaranteed seats together we recommend that seats are purchased.

If you chose not to select and purchase a seat and have been randomly allocated seats which are not together please contact our call centre so that may try to assist you.

A proper answer, informative, just like the forum used to be. Can we get the forum back on track I wonder? Lets all try to be nice to people in the future.

Ramage9
22-01-2014, 13:57
A proper answer, informative, just like the forum used to be. Can we get the forum back on track I wonder? Lets all try to be nice to people in the future.

Thank you very much for all of your help and advice.

I think I will wait for payday and then pay for the seats in advance - as much as hate getting caught up in Ryanairs' added extra charges, at least I will have piece of mind knowing that I shouldnt have to worry about organising seats.

Thanks again - love Tenerife and love the forum!

Blue Luna Cafe
22-01-2014, 14:42
I believe from next month Ryan Air start with allocated seating anyway. Also as from now you can take hand luggage AND a plastic bag or handbag. Great news!

tfs1
22-01-2014, 15:07
Also as from now you can take hand luggage AND a plastic bag or handbag.

Spot on ! The second bag max size is 35cmx20cmx20cm. The metal hand luggage sizing 'things' at the departure gates at the airports have been changed to be able to measure both main and second hand luggage sizes.

emmess
22-01-2014, 20:17
Spot on ! The second bag max size is 35cmx20cmx20cm. The metal hand luggage sizing 'things' at the departure gates at the airports have been changed to be able to measure both main and second hand luggage sizes.

again, from Ryanair's website:

One cabin bag per passenger* weighing up to 10kg with maximum dimensions of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm, plus 1 small bag up to 35 x 20 x 20 cms.

Due to cabin space limitations only 90 cabin bags (55 x 40 x 20 cms) can be carried in the cabin, any remainder will be carried free of charge in the aircraft hold.

I wonder if this is to try and encourage people to take two smaller bags than one huge one. They do seem to struggle these days to find space in the overhead lockers for everyone's bigger bags. If everyone carried two smaller bags, then one of them could go under the seat in front and the other up in the locker. I'm sure though that some people (me - lol) will now take two of the maximum sizes!

fixer
22-01-2014, 21:35
On Ryan air there will be a max off 90 bags allowed in the cabin the rest will be put in the hold free off charge seems simple to count 90 bags at check in however because a lot only have carry on they don't check at the airport just online as everyone has to. The first trial at Prestwick didn't work out so still figuring out how to implement the 90 bag rule and not hold up the aircraft departure.

tfs1
22-01-2014, 22:49
Interesting, 90 is also the maximum number of priority boarders they have on each flight. Another money making opportunity to sell priority boarding to those who want to take their cases on board !

It can only be properly manged at the gate as most people don't check in bags at the airport checkin desk.

Easyjet used to sometimes offer this at the boarding gate by adding the incentive of free speedy boarding for those who took up the offer to put their cabin baggage in the hold.

A friend, when they went with Easyjet, would go to the Easyjey checkin desk (with no hold luggage to checkin) and ask if they would like to take her hand luggage and put it in the hold.

She was never refused as it meant 1 fewer case in the cabin.

She would then have 2 free hands to 'shop shop shop' and take on board anything she bought and not have to worry about dragging around her hand luggage - of course she would then pick up her hand luggage from the carousel on arrival.

kathml
23-01-2014, 10:20
This idea of letting hand luggage in hold would not suit me as I carry medication in my hand luggage ( usually takes up about 50% space ) and wouldn't like to risk losing it

tfs1
23-01-2014, 11:00
Hand luggage to go in the hold.

A number of people said Ryanair were going soft when they announced last October passengers could take onboard a second piece of hand luggage (max size 35cmx20cmx20cm).

Now we can see why they did this. ie to allow Ryanair to place 90+ pieces of normal sized hand luggage cases in the hold and those affected passengers to carryon their 2nd piece of smaller hand luggage containing their important bits needed during the flight.

Of course assuming it will fit in the smaller case and assuming those affected take their entitled 2nd case.

I would love to see how it works out in the middle of summer with loads of families with small kids sorting through and taking items out of their beloved 'trunkies' and giving the cases to the Ryanair staff to load onto the plane

has anyone found a small bag of the size 35cmx20cmx20cm ? - it seems such an odd size.

Maybe we will see them sold on Ryanairs website as there are probably none on the market anyone can buy at this size!

murph
23-01-2014, 20:52
[U]
has anyone found a small bag of the size 35cmx20cmx20cm ? - it seems such an odd size.

Sounds like the size of a carrier bag - think the idea was to allow Duty Free / Airport purchase in a separate bag

green1960
04-02-2014, 20:24

Am I right in thinking the price of reserving seats is £10 per seat, so for a family of 4 it will cost £80! When I looked earlier for our flights I am sure it was £5 per seat, but when I looked today it was £10. Ramage 9 did you pay for reserves seating, how much did you pay?

tfs1
04-02-2014, 21:19
If you wish to preselect your seats the costs are £/€5 a seat/flight for standard seating, if you want premier seating it costs £/€10 a seat/flight. So a family of 4 would pay a minimum of £40 for a return flight for standard seating.

Of course you can go for the free allocation and pay nothing and have them allocated for you when you checkin as some other airlines do ie Easyjet / Jet2.

If you wish to preselect your seats the costs are £/€5 a seat/flight for standard seating, if you want premier seating it costs £/€10 a seat/flight. So a family of 4 would pay £40 for a return flight for standard seating.

Of course you can go for the free allocation and pay nothing and have them allocated for you when you checkin as some other airlines do ie Easyjet / Jet2.

green1960
04-02-2014, 22:57
I have just been on Ryan Air website and done a dummy booking East Midlands to Tenerife return going on 14 Feb back on 21 Feb and they are charging £10 for standard seating and £15 for a premium seat. This is a complete rip off! I will not be paying those prices. It is families I feel sorry for having to pay those prices.

tfs1
04-02-2014, 23:11
I have just been on Ryan Air website and done a dummy booking East Midlands to Tenerife return going on 14 Feb back on 21 Feb and they are charging £10 for standard seating and £15 for a premium seat. This is a complete rip off! I will not be paying those prices. It is families I feel sorry for having to pay those prices.

I too have made the same dummy booking and came up with the same result as you and clearly (maybe not so clearly) the Ryanair small print does say higher prices are applied for UK to Canaries flights.

Thanks for highlighting it and correcting my assumption that all seats were either £5 or £10.

fixer
05-02-2014, 16:45
Heres a actual ryan air booking I made for my friend as you can see the charges add a lot to the price cases £70.00 each is the shocker.PAYMENT DETAILS

Total Fare 496.96 GBP
Taxes, Fees & Charges 0.00 GBP
EU 261 Levy 10.00 GBP
Web Check in 28.00 GBP
ETS 1.00 GBP
Administration Fee 28.00 GBP
Reserved Seating 20.00 GBP
Checked Bag(s) 140.00 GBP

kingbaker
05-02-2014, 18:45
Listen guys ..these days you have to go Commando if you want good value.

Its a bit ate complaining about cost of kids AFTER you've had a shedload of them and think that us Singletons're goin' to pay for them:whistle::nono::laugh:

tfs1
05-02-2014, 19:02
as ever its the total package that we all need to worry about, not just the flight cost, luggage fees, seating costs, legroom size, airport parking costs, airport departure preference, travel time/cost to/from the airport, flight times etc and not just the individual items - if Ryanair doesn't satisfy your requirements you go for another option.

norjac
05-02-2014, 19:20
as ever its the total package that we all need to worry about, not just the flight cost, luggage fees, seating costs, legroom size, airport parking costs, airport departure preference, travel time/cost to/from the airport, flight times etc and not just the individual items - if Ryanair doesn't satisfy your requirements you go for another option.

Just checked Ryanair website fees. Says prebooked seats from £5. I booked before Christmas and prebooked our seats at the same time and only paid £5 each, which is £2 less than priority. Maybe if you try to add the seats at a later date they cost £10. I know if you add a bag later than when you booked it is £5 extra. You really have to check the fees list and look at frequently asked questions.

UKj
05-02-2014, 20:15
As a long time user of Ryanair, I had to fly to Gatwick. As they do not fly there I chose Norwegian airlines. Now the down side. No online check in, so I had to queue even though I only had hand luggage. The plane was old, the seat was rock hard a very uncomfortable 4 hours. I thought Ryaniar was expensive for food but they are cheaper than Norwegian. On Ryanair a cup of tea costs about £2.70 but it's a really big cup. Norwegian £2.50 for a small paper cup. Thumbs down for Norwegian, I will be glad to get back on a Ryanair flight, where the seats are nice and cumfy, and you get a decent cuppa, and you can check in online!!!

We've just flown back with Norwegian. I've flown with both Norwegian and Ryan air, to and from Tenerife and have to say, in my experience at least, Norwegian was much better. More leg room, more relaxed, no glaring yellow plastic seat backs and free wi-fi on board. We checked in online with hand luggage and didn't have to queue at the check-in desk.

tfs1
06-02-2014, 00:38
Just checked Ryanair website fees. Says prebooked seats from £5. I booked before Christmas and prebooked our seats at the same time and only paid £5 each, which is £2 less than priority. Maybe if you try to add the seats at a later date they cost £10. I know if you add a bag later than when you booked it is £5 extra

Sadly the cost of seats from the UK to various locations, including the Canaries, now attract the higher seating costs ie £10 standard, £15 for premium - whenever you book them, unlike baggage which does change/increase depending when you select baggage.

karinagal
06-02-2014, 01:35
Ryanair is my airline of choice. I've just booked my next trip and I can confirm that it was £10 each way to book a standard seat and £15 each way for extra leg room seats. Still worked out the cheapest option for me! :D

Ramage9
06-02-2014, 09:28
Am I right in thinking the price of reserving seats is £10 per seat, so for a family of 4 it will cost £80! When I looked earlier for our flights I am sure it was £5 per seat, but when I looked today it was £10. Ramage 9 did you pay for reserves seating, how much did you pay?

Hi Green1960 - if they are £10.00 each way now, then that is terrible. I had prebooked my seats for both the outward and inward journeys last week and I paid £5.00 each way (so £10.00 both ways per person). I didnt realise this could increase. There were seats available to choose for £10.00 but they were the extra legroom seats. As much as I didnt want to pay Ryanair more on top of everything else if I didnt need to, I'm glad I booked them when I did in that case.

golf birdie
06-02-2014, 11:09
between me and my wife we fly return to the Uk about 8 times a year. Ryanair for the past two years has always been the lowest priced. This year I have found Monarch to be cheaper on every date we wish to go back. Also the planes Monarch use now (321?) are great for comfort. Something has changed.

tfs1
06-02-2014, 11:34
I always found the problem with Monach was that their standard (cattle) class had very very poor legroom and you paid a fortune for the extra legroom seating.

Maybe things have changed, I will certainly look to see if it has and what they have done.

Typical seat pitch of 28' for standard seating (except A330, used for Orlando route).

golf birdie
06-02-2014, 11:47
I always found the problem with Monach was that their standard (cattle) class had very very poor legroom and you paid a fortune for the extra legroom seating.

Maybe things have changed, I will certainly look to see if it has and what they have done.

I found them the same. I reserve leg space when I can but last time there was a large group so I just booked normal and if it was too bad I would have just paid the extra on the plane. Turned out to be fine. Just have my fingers crossed it is always the same type of plane.

Su1
06-02-2014, 13:12
Just come home on a Monarch with the new seats......seemed to have more leg room. Arm rests are very narrow so you have to be careful...depending who you are sat next too!!! I found the new seats uncomfortable, they hardly have any padding and do not recline however I have a damaged coccyx so it may just be me.
We usually use Ryanair ( no probs with the back) but this flight was as cheap and a better time. Service on board was execellent but avoid the bacon panini ...yuck!

Husband came home on a different monarch flight..and he also reported that he found the seats uncomfortable..Ok on a short flight but 4 hours takes its toll!

golf birdie
06-02-2014, 13:17
Just come home on a Monarch with the new seats......seemed to have more leg room. Arm rests are very narrow so you have to be careful...depending who you are sat next too!!! I found the new seats uncomfortable, they hardly have any padding and do not recline however I have a damaged coccyx so it may just be me.
We usually use Ryanair ( no probs with the back) but this flight was as cheap and a better time. Service on board was execellent but avoid the bacon panini ...yuck!

Husband came home on a different monarch flight..and he also reported that he found the seats uncomfortable..Ok on a short flight but 4 hours takes its toll!

I prefer planes that do not allow seats to recline. I hate it when the seat in front of me goes back into my space.

tfs1
06-02-2014, 15:06
I prefer planes that do not allow seats to recline. I hate it when the seat in front of me goes back into my space.

The people who generally do this, do it 'because they can' rather than because it provides them with greater comfort.

Last year someone in front of me on a Easyjet flight looked for the seat recline button and when he and his wife couldnt find it (of course there isnt one!) he pushed back hard on his seat to get it to recline, it didnt.

He managed the whole flight without the recline and hopefully in the future will choose an airline that has that facility and pity the person behind them !

Su1
07-02-2014, 13:14

I also hate it when they recline especially when you have just got a drink! Ididn't mean it to sound like I wanted a reclining seat......mind you I'd have tried anything after two hours as my rear end was painful.....OK I know I'd have been a pain in the bum rolleyes2: for the person behind but I would have warned them and told them why I was going to recline...to see if it was more comfy for my coccyx!!

Chine
07-02-2014, 19:58
We also hate the recliners ,we fly ryanair quite often and if you relax and don't get flustered by the queuing it can be as enjoyable as any other airline and we've found it lighter on the pocket even with prebooking seats for the times we need mainly school holidays

Malteser Monkey
21-02-2014, 15:32
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2564683/Ryanair-passengers-Stansted-Airport-forced-call-police-refused-food-water-right-leave-aircraft-11-HOUR-delay.html

I was just reading this - not flown with Ryanair so I can personally comment

LUCKY
21-02-2014, 15:37
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2564683/Ryanair-passengers-Stansted-Airport-forced-call-police-refused-food-water-right-leave-aircraft-11-HOUR-delay.html

I was just reading this - not flown with Ryanair so I can personally comment

Do keep up Agent Double M :flatcap:
http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?32180-Ryanair-for-me/page5

kathml
21-02-2014, 18:28
Have read daily mail report can't see where Ryan air can be at fault due to a weather related incident and airport authorities closed the terminal

Over the years have flown with a lot of airlines nearly all have always done their best to fly and most delays have been caused by problems out with the airlines control

tfs1
21-02-2014, 18:36
Just had a similar experience to andyfm. To the mainland and back (last night) - pre-allocation has really made a difference in the previous scrum both at the gate and onboard which for us is now a distant memory.

Once on board there was a totally different feel- calm and peaceful as people went to their allocated seats in an orderly manner and that with a plane full of 'locals' who you would not normally describe as 'calm and peaceful' folk in these situations !

Ijacko
21-02-2014, 18:50
Ramage9 Ryanair allocate seats for free when check in opens so if on the same booking you should be sat together. Make sure you check in as soon as the window opens ....two weeks before as will be more seats of four next to each other. If you want specific seats you reserve in advance. Flying with Ryanair since allocated seats came in is much better. Have grown to love Ryanair as not only are they cheaper most of the time they also bring competition and lowers prices. Stick to their rules and you can't go wrong.

Malteser Monkey
22-02-2014, 11:18
Do keep up Agent Double M :flatcap:
http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?32180-Ryanair-for-me/page5

sorry :crying2::snore:

Susief
04-03-2014, 20:47
Just booked a bargain, 16 May TFS to Manchester with Uncle Mickey. £32.75 (not booked seats or bags)

delderek
04-03-2014, 21:13
Just booked a bargain, 16 May TFS to Manchester with Uncle Mickey. £32.75 (not booked seats or bags).

Oh dear! if you want to sit down, a seat is 150 quid extra:whistle:

Susief
04-03-2014, 21:15

Oh dear! if you want to sit down, a seat is 150 quid extra:whistle:

Haha as if! £15 for extra leg and £10 for others! Free when you check in.

karinagal
05-03-2014, 09:42
Just booked for Easter - 17th April to 27th April - €129 including premium seats! That'll do nicely Uncle Mick!

Susief
05-03-2014, 21:04
Just booked for Easter - 17th April to 27th April - €129 including premium seats! That'll do nicely Uncle Mick!

He's such a nice Uncle. My flights £50 with premium seat out and £37.50 back (not booked seat yet).

green1960
20-03-2014, 22:01
Just been on Ryanair website Dublin to Tenerife flights are now on sale for Winter 2014. 204 euros return no bags early November, not cheap. Have not been able to find any other airports yet,

Ecky Thump
20-03-2014, 22:37
Just been on Ryanair website Dublin to Tenerife flights are now on sale for Winter 2014. 204 euros return no bags early November, not cheap. Have not been able to find any other airports yet,

I've been checking on a daily basis for Oct/Nov flights from Prestwick....hopefully any day soon!:c2:

kingbaker
20-03-2014, 23:32
I have friends who are pn the way back from G Canaria...€400 return for three people.....and only booked recently!!:D:rolleyes::);)

John_Graydon
21-03-2014, 19:44
Our Uncle Mick doesn't like the Irish, We don't get bargains like that here. You think he would give us a break after his Cheltenham windfall, although he knows we have the money now after our good wins following him there...:-)))

kingbaker
21-03-2014, 19:55
Was good value 3 peeps Dubland to G Canaria ret for €400..133 ea ret. We are a smaller market than the United Queendom :p:)

Ecky Thump
21-03-2014, 21:17
Was good value 3 peeps Dubland to G Canaria ret for €400..133 ea ret. We are a smaller market than the United Queendom :p:)

Ah, but I'm in Jockland and he still charges us premium rates!:cheeky:

kingbaker
21-03-2014, 21:45
Ah, but I'm in Jockland and he still charges us premium rates!:cheeky:

When yez vote for independence and stand up for yourselves he'll take you more seriously then:p:)

kingbaker
21-03-2014, 21:57
And there will be cheap flights to Dublin......for bringing home the troops. You know the ones who'll be manning the border, keeping the marauding sasaneachs from raiding the place and taking over again, with their plundering and pillageing. :(

Ecky Thump
22-03-2014, 00:16
When yez vote for independence and stand up for yourselves he'll take you more seriously then:p:)

If independence means have a idiot and self promoting man like Alex Salmond, whose only aim is for himself to become a self appointed King, then like most Scottish folk I would rather stay as we are now!

Rant Over.:p

kingbaker
22-03-2014, 00:26
If independence means have a idiot and self promoting man like Alex Salmond, whose only aim is for himself to become a self appointed King, then like most Scottish folk I would rather stay as we are now!

Rant Over.:p

Do you mean that you wont need our troops protection, blue berets, when you've no army of yer own. Oh yeah and no currency. We could provide yez with some Irish Euros to keep yez going untill you can print yer own:p

Wow they can have lots of leave and go on the lash in Brumingum.:D:p;)
In civvies of course

green1960
24-03-2014, 20:57

London Stansted on sale now just an example of prices

London to Tenerife 3 November - £48.99
Tenerife to London 10 November £48.99

Not bad prices at all!!

No other airports at the moment.

Ecky Thump
24-03-2014, 21:30
London Stansted on sale now just an example of prices

London to Tenerife 3 November - £48.99
Tenerife to London 10 November £48.99

Not bad prices at all!!

No other airports at the moment.

Hopefully over the next few days they will release flights from Prestwick........

there must be something wrong with my Scottish bloodline as I'm desperate to spend my money!:laugh:

kingbaker
24-03-2014, 21:47
Hopefully over the next few days they will release flights from Prestwick........

there must be something wrong with my Scottish bloodline as I'm desperate to spend my money!:laugh:

Carefull ET or they'll have you put down, for talk like that?!:(:p

Ecky Thump
25-03-2014, 18:14
Bumped for caz12

LUCKY
25-03-2014, 18:23
Bumped for caz12

I linked it for him :flatcap:

Ecky Thump
25-03-2014, 18:30
I linked it for HIM :flatcap:

Brownie points for you.:laugh:

But minus points for not spotting that HIM is a HER!:crylaughing:

LUCKY
25-03-2014, 18:37
Brownie points for you.:laugh:

But minus points for not spotting that HIM is a HER!:crylaughing:

So lets get this right. Are you suggesting that yet again i make another visit to Specsave.:flatcap:

Ecky Thump
25-03-2014, 18:39
So lets get this right. Are you suggesting that yet again i make another visit to Specsave.:flatcap:

A Neurologist might be a better help for your problems!:crylaughing:

LUCKY
25-03-2014, 18:51
A Neurologist might be a better help for your problems!:crylaughing:

:flatcap::flatcap:
“Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”

kingbaker
25-03-2014, 19:49
“Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”

Maybe a Psychologist even.:p:(:)

Ecky Thump
25-03-2014, 20:21
Maybe a Psychologist even.:p:(:)

I hope no one suggests a Taxidermist!:bootyshake:

tfs1
26-03-2014, 12:16
Like many others we are waiting for the Ryanair November flights back to the UK (to mcr or lba or ema etc) to get our family back on 1 November after spending the school halfterm break with us, flights to TFS already booked.

There are 2 families, 9 in total to go back. In an idle moment yesterday I priced up the recently released Ryanair TFS to STN (Stansted) prices to get an idea about possible prices for when the 'northern airports' flights are released.

For the 9 it was €2,950 - no priority boarding, no luggage and no seat allocation in that price !

Chine
26-03-2014, 20:42
We are waiting for Xmas flights to come from bhx I think they came out in June last year

bonitatime
26-03-2014, 22:34
Like many others we are waiting for the Ryanair November flights back to the UK (to mcr or lba or ema etc) to get our family back on 1 November after spending the school halfterm break with us, flights to TFS already booked.

There are 2 families, 9 in total to go back. In an idle moment yesterday I priced up the recently released Ryanair TFS to STN (Stansted) prices to get an idea about possible prices for when the 'northern airports' flights are released.

For the 9 it was €2,950 - no priority boarding, no luggage and no seat allocation in that price !

Thats a lot

tfs1
27-03-2014, 08:26
Thats a lot

I also did Monach and Jet2 to MCR, LBA etc - one of them, cant remember which, came in at €5,200 !!!!!!

Ecky Thump
27-03-2014, 10:05

Two days earlier or two day later with Ryanair and the total price would have dropped by about £2000 for the booking.???

tfs1
27-03-2014, 10:59
Two days earlier or two day later with Ryanair and the total price would have dropped by about £2000 for the booking

and Ryanair know that families need to get back that weekend due to kids going back to school on the Monday and price the flights accordingly.

Lets hope for better things for us folk who live away from the efflulent south.

need to make typo change to my previous post and cant - why is this ?

Ecky Thump
27-03-2014, 11:12
and Ryanair know that families need to get back that weekend due to kids going back to school on the Monday and price the flights accordingly.

Lets hope for better things for us folk who live away from the efflulent south.

For a minute there I thought that you were getting your effluent and affluent mixed up, but as you were referring to the South of the Uk, I can now see that you meant effluent!:devil2:;)

tfs1
27-03-2014, 11:35
affluent was what my fingers should have typed ! to minimise North / South comments I have tried to correct this in my original post but it wont let me !

kingbaker
27-03-2014, 11:36
For a minute there I thought that you were getting your effluent and affluent mixed up, but as you were referring to the South of the Uk, I can now see that you meant effluent!:devil2:;)

Good man ET .....mock them before you leave!!!!!!!:p:(;)

Ah Ryanair......when only perfection will do!!:p

Skeggy
27-03-2014, 13:04

Blow Up Jock, bagpipes of course......

Ecky Thump
27-03-2014, 13:11
affluent was what my fingers should have typed ! to minimise North / South comments I have tried to correct this in my original post but it wont let me !

Effluence is a great word for substituting Affluence when referring to the South, but there again it contains a lot of both!:D

kingbaker
27-03-2014, 14:03
Effluence is a great word for substituting Affluence when referring to the South, but there again it contains a lot of both!:D

Might be under the affluence of incohol!!!!!:(

Ecky Thump
27-03-2014, 18:04

Might be under the affluence of incohol!!!!!:(

So now we can add Flatulance to the Affluence and Effuelence!:wow:

kingbaker
27-03-2014, 23:01
So now we can add Flatulance to the Affluence and Effuelence!:wow:

Now we need an Ambulance to deal with the Flatulence and the Confluence of the Effluence and the Affluence of Incohol.:wave:

Ecky Thump
28-03-2014, 10:03
Now we need an Ambulance to deal with the Flatulence and the Confluence of the Effluence and the Affluence of Incohol.:wave:

If you had practiced Abstinance of the Alcohol, then you wouldn't have needed the Ambulance to deal with the Flatulance that was triggerered by the Confluence of the Effluence and the Affluence from the South!:laugh:

kingbaker
28-03-2014, 19:51
If you had practiced Abstinance of the Alcohol, then you wouldn't have needed the Ambulance to deal with the Flatulance that was triggerered by the Confluence of the Effluence and the Affluence from the South!:laugh:

I'm thinkin.....I'm thinkin!!!!! :p

Ecky Thump
11-04-2014, 23:00
I've just booked my outward journey to Tenerife with Ryanair, when I book the return journey it will be in euros.

I have a Caxton Fx euro debit card, is this the best method of payment???

kingbaker
12-04-2014, 02:30
Ryanairs new website is up and running now.....according to Uncle Mick.:D:(:rolleyes::)

tfs1
12-04-2014, 07:08
I have a Caxton Fx euro debit card, is this the best method of payment

Good question.

I have just booked Easyjet flights for our family from TFS to the UK (in Euros) and using my HSBC Debit card the fees were an unbelieveable £53 on a near £2k booking, Easyjet would have been around £40 if I had selected payment by credit card.

Yes I used the wrong card ! - but never again and wait with interest to see the informed answers to the above question.

I have a Caxton Fx euro debit card, is this the best method of payment

Good question.

I have just booked Easyjet flights for our family from TFS to the UK in Euros and using my HSBC Debit card the fees were an unbelieveable £53 on a near £2k booking (for 9 people), Easyjet would have been around £40 if I had selected payment by credit card.

Yes I used the wrong card ! - but never again and wait with interest to see the informed answers to the above question.

David29971
12-04-2014, 07:32
I have had similar experiences with charges but I now select "sterling" as my payment currency on the Easyjet site. It may be that they make a little extra this way but is stops these Banks from taking the mickey.

Ecky Thump
12-04-2014, 08:56
I have had similar experiences with charges but I now select "sterling" as my payment currency on the Easyjet site. It may be that they make a little extra this way but is stops these Banks from taking the mickey.

The reason for my asking is that the flight prices are shown in euros and my Caxton Fx card is a euro loaded card, so no further bank charges are paid, but my other option is to pay using a normal UK credit card and let them convert to euros. Confused.com!:crazy:

tfs1
12-04-2014, 09:19
Having done numerous calculations this morning my conclusion is that it really doesnt make too much difference.

HSBC converted my € to £ at the going, virtual commerial, rate of 1.21, so when factoring the fees (it used to be built into the rate but now they show it as a line item) it brings it down to around 1.17.

Easyjets current € to £ rate is 1.16

If I had used my Visa card both Easyjet and Ryanair add 2% to the costs.

So using a Euro debit card is probably only of benefit if you 'changed' your £ into € at a higher rate than the current rates the Banks/Airlines charge. - unless of course there are card 'fees' for doing this type of transaction.

green1960
12-04-2014, 10:35
I have booked flights from Tenerife to Manchester and paid in sterling. What I do is do the booking as if it is a return journey from Manchester, then when I have selected flights, I then delete the outward journey, and then go on to search again, untick return journey, type in Tenerife to Manchester and the date required, and it comes up in sterling. I double checked this and it was cheaper than changing from euros to sterling.

Hope this helps if you dont understand what I have done I will repost, or send me a pm.

Ecky Thump
12-04-2014, 10:41
I have booked flights from Tenerife to Manchester and paid in sterling. What I do is do the booking as if it is a return journey from Manchester, then when I have selected flights, I then delete the outward journey, and then go on to search again, untick return journey, type in Tenerife to Manchester and the date required, and it comes up in sterling. I double checked this and it was cheaper than changing from euros to sterling.

Hope this helps if you dont understand what I have done I will repost, or send me a pm.

Thanks, as soon as the dates for my return trip ..(Tenerife-Prestwick) are released, I shall try your system.:c2:

green1960
12-04-2014, 10:45
Sorry, think I am having a blonde moment, I used this system on Easyjet, I have a different system I use for Ryan Air, do not have time now to go through it, but will do later today.

Sorry for the confusion.

Ecky Thump
12-04-2014, 10:48
Sorry, think I am having a blonde moment, I used this system on Easyjet, I have a different system I use for Ryan Air, do not have time now to go through it, but will do later today.

Sorry for the confusion.

Never trust a Blonde!:doh::lol:

kingbaker
12-04-2014, 11:17

Wott an awful ting to tay!!!:p:(:rolleyes::)
@ macdonald5 did you see dis!

blondie
12-04-2014, 13:49
Oi Ecky, us blonde Jochs need to stick together !!

Ecky Thump
12-04-2014, 17:17
Oi Ecky, us blonde Jochs need to stick together !!

Ayrshire ones are always fast and clever, I've never found one who lets me catch her!:respect:

macdonald5
12-04-2014, 17:20

Right what's this all about !!! :fryingpan::smack:

Wott an awful ting to tay!!!:p:(:rolleyes::)
@ macdonald5 did you see dis!

Got it kingbaker you little telltale !!! :cheers2:

green1960
12-04-2014, 17:27
Here goes hope it works - Ryan Air so that you pay in pounds rather than Euros.

Open two Ryan Air windows, in the first window do your return from Tenerife to Glasgow Prestwick. and enter dates and go on to the page where it shows your week view, now in your second window enter Glasgow Prestwick to Tenerife and enter dates, and go on to the page where it shows your week view, now go back to your first window and press continue, the price on the next page should be shown in pounds. You just have to double check dates all way through the process.

We booked a flight back from Tenerife and we did this and it worked. There used to be something about this on google and was going to put it on here but cannot find it, I will have another look.

Hope this makes sense, give it a go Ecky Thump.

macdonald5
12-04-2014, 17:42
Ayrshire ones are always fast and clever, I've never found one who lets me catch her!:respect:

This side of Jockland are similar, can't be caught, we defo too fast and clever (and modest ) unless by multi millionaire xx

tfs1
12-04-2014, 18:32

Good info and informed post - followed the steps to the payment part of the process and it works as described.

Well done and thanks !

green1960
12-04-2014, 18:46
Good info and informed post - followed the steps to the payment part of the process and it works as described.

Well done and thanks !

I have posted earlier on how to do this with Easyjet, try that one as well. If I have not explained it well enough let me know.

murph
17-04-2014, 20:58

Open two Ryan Air windows, in the first window do your return from Tenerife to Glasgow Prestwick. and enter dates and go on to the page where it shows your week view, now in your second window enter Glasgow Prestwick to Tenerife and enter dates, and go on to the page where it shows your week view, now go back to your first window and press continue, the price on the next page should be shown in pounds. You just have to double check dates all way through the process.

We booked a flight back from Tenerife and we did this and it worked. There used to be something about this on google and was going to put it on here but cannot find it, I will have another look.

Hope this makes sense, give it a go Ecky Thump.

Tip of the Year that and it works great !!

:c2::c2:

green1960
18-04-2014, 07:46

Know this is a bit off topic, but this is the method used for Easyjet, if I have not explained it well enough let me know.

I keep trying to get to know how to do it on Jet2 and Monarch but have not fathomed it out yet, will keep trying, but have not booked with these in a long time.

Leam_Lin
18-04-2014, 09:03
Any idea when Ryanair release the winter flight timetable? Nothing showing past October 2014 for Birmingham to Tenerife flights.

Ecky Thump
18-04-2014, 10:22
Any idea when Ryanair release the winter flight timetable? Nothing showing past October 2014 for Birmingham to Tenerife flights.

Hopefully any day soon, I have booked my outward journey for October 21st and will book the return leg as they are released.....if they don't release them, then I will have emigrated to Tenerife!:jumping:

Leam_Lin
18-04-2014, 11:48
Hopefully any day soon, I have booked my outward journey for October 21st and will book the return leg as they are released.....if they don't release them, then I will have emigrated to Tenerife!:jumping:

We were beginning to think that Ryanair would cease the Birmingham/Tenerife route.

Ecky Thump
18-04-2014, 12:15
We were beginning to think that Ryanair would cease the Birmingham/Tenerife route.

Never! If they did that, then Blackpool would be overflowing with Brummies.:laugh:

tfs1
18-04-2014, 12:31
I seem to recall last years Ryanairs winter 2013/14 flights come out round about June. I made a December 2013 flight booking on 7 June when they would have just been published.

They were much later than everyone else.

Odd that they have published London Stansted and Dublin Winter flights and not the rest.

Now I have invested £2k in Easyjet 1 November flights back to the UK for the family I'm not that really bothered ! - but hope they are out soon so you can all make your plans and look for those bargain Ryanair prices.

kingbaker
18-04-2014, 12:37

And you might be a stateless person......applying for asylum in Rep. of Scotand.:p:(

Leam_Lin
18-04-2014, 12:48
And you might be a stateless person......applying for asylum in Rep. of Scotand.:p:(

Ecky will not need to change pounds to euros if this happens.

green1960
18-04-2014, 13:08
Meant February 2014, sorry

kingbaker
18-04-2014, 14:26
Ecky will not need to change pounds to euros if this happens.

Welllll said. They mightn't want him back.....think he should give me his tickets so as not to take any risks!!:(:p:);)

murph
18-04-2014, 20:07
When does this EVER happen the other way round???

Booked flights with Ryan Air for July about 2 weeks ago and they have just dropped by £40 each - having gone up every other day for a fortnight - grrrrrr!!

green1960
29-04-2014, 17:27
East Midlands are now on sale on the Ryanair website, no other airports as yet. Flight times are not what I want will have to wait to see what Manchester has to offer. Quite a few dates at £35.99 each way.

Angusjim
29-04-2014, 17:53
Ecky not long now soon be Scotchlands turn?:)

tfs1
29-04-2014, 18:10
just had email saying Manchester winter 2014 flights released today - ryanair website playing up and doesnt seem to reflect this - maybe settle down later this evening

update - ryanair spokeperson says flights will be released tomorrow - but was that said yesterday or today !? - so is it today or tomorrow !?

Mr s
29-04-2014, 21:44
I am really upset now, just looked on ryanair websight flights from eastmids to tenerife on 19/12/14. To 2/1/15. £650 2adults.

Booked with easy jet on 10/4/14. £974 from bristol. £300 more.

Never flew with ryanair before. Wife told me to hang on & not panic,
Wish I would have took her advise.

Susief
29-04-2014, 22:26
I am really upset now, just looked on ryanair websight flights from eastmids to tenerife on 19/12/14. To 2/1/15. £650 2adults.

Booked with easy jet on 10/4/14. £974 from bristol. £300 more.

Never flew with ryanair before. Wife told me to hang on & not panic,
Wish I would have took her advise.

You've got to hold your nerve sometimes. I watch them everyday for weeks. If you need specific dates then you are best booking at a price you don't think is bad.

tfs1
29-04-2014, 22:29
Quite a few dates at £35.99 each way

snapped up a couple of these at this price for 1 December, TFS to EMA.

green1960
30-04-2014, 20:13
snapped up a couple of these at this price for 1 December, TFS to EMA.

Did you use my tip on how to pay in pounds rather than euros?

tfs1
30-04-2014, 21:12
Did you use my tip on how to pay in pounds rather than euros?

Perhaps I should have been clearer and mentioned that on this occasion I had booked flights from the UK to TFS and the TFS to EMA reference was the return - so both flights were in GBP and no need to use your tip.

green1960
01-05-2014, 14:32
I think something must be happening with the Ryan Air flights, loading them all on the system or something, the East Midlands, Stanstead and Dublin flights to Tenerife from late October have been removed from the website.

tfs1
01-05-2014, 16:09
I think something must be happening with the Ryan Air flights, loading them all on the system or something, the East Midlands, Stanstead and Dublin flights to Tenerife from late October have been removed from the website.

TFS to EMA December flight I booked yesterday still remains a 'no show' - interesting to see what they publish, no doubt changes from the flight I have booked.

They did this last year with a Doncaster to TFS flight, booked it as departure was 1030 am - a couple of days later Ryanair moved it to 1830 departure, we cancelled and reboooked from EMA.

green1960
01-05-2014, 16:16
That makes sense, because every flight on each day from November through to March departed East Midlands at 13.00 and departed Tenerife at 18 10. Stanstead was something similar at 0645ish and 11 30.

Booked my flights for \november Man to TFS £48.99 each no bags.

That makes sense, because every flight on each day from November through to March departed East Midlands at 13.00 and departed Tenerife at 18 10. Stanstead was something similar at 0645ish and 11 30.

Booked my flights for \november Man to TFS £48.99 each no bags.

Manchester flights are now on sale - just got mine £49 each one way no bags.

tfs1
02-05-2014, 06:23
EMA-TFS Winter 2014 flights now back on the Ryanair website.

Price/time of the December flights are the same now as when I booked them a couple of days ago.

EMA-TFS Winter 2014 flights now back on the Ryanair website.

Price/time of the December flights are the same now as when I booked them a couple of days ago.

green1960
02-05-2014, 06:33
Manchester up to mid December Glasgow Prestwick Edingburgh and Birmingham, have not checked any other airports. I booked mine for Nov from Manchester last night. £49 one way no bags.

Susief
02-05-2014, 08:04
Just a quick one. Ryanair are working on website at mo and updating winter flights. Check on website for updates.

Leam_Lin
02-05-2014, 10:18
Ryanair flights Birmingham to Tenerife South travelling until end march 2015 now online.

Angusjim
02-05-2014, 13:04
Ryanair flights Birmingham to Tenerife South travelling until end march 2015 now online.

And Scotchland flights as well:wave:

fixer
02-05-2014, 16:30
But not for Xmas /new year yet from Prestwick.

Angusjim
02-05-2014, 16:56
But not for Xmas /new year yet from Prestwick.

Sorry Mr F I just looked at dates I was interested in:doh:

fixer
04-05-2014, 11:44
Its strange Ryanair have not loaded flights for the xmas /new year period but have flights from Jan to March just booked March £48 one way are they waiting to see how many people search for xmas /new year then put prices up?

Susief
04-05-2014, 12:01
They were on last week as was looking at 17 Dec and was £33 from Manc.

Angusjim
04-05-2014, 12:04
Its strange Ryanair have not loaded flights for the xmas /new year period but have flights from Jan to March just booked March £48 one way are they waiting to see how many people search for xmas /new year then put prices up?

Here's a premonition about around same prices that everyone else are currently charging. Days of any cheap flights Xmas / New Year seem to be gone that's why I sold my Timeshare and go out 1st week in January for about a third of the cost.

firemanfoz
04-05-2014, 12:09
I had a taste of the new Ryanair customer service when I flew out last week. Two cabin staff called me Sir, mind you one was Polish and the other was Spanish.

Angusjim
04-05-2014, 12:15
I had a taste of the new Ryanair customer service when I flew out last week. Two cabin staff called me Sir, mind you one was Polish and the other was Spanish.

I don't know if you are implying that UK based cabin staff's customer service is not good, but I can honestly say I have always received top class service on flights no matter if they were Scottish , English , Spanish LONG live Ryanair:jumping::c2:

kingbaker
04-05-2014, 13:10
I don't know if you are implying that UK based cabin staff's customer service is not good, but I can honestly say I have always received top class service on flights no matter if they were Scottish , English , Spanish LONG live Ryanair:jumping::c2:

I almost agree. All except the Scottish ones....if we cannot understand them they might be slaggin us and we'd never know!!!!!!!! :p:D:p:D

Malteser Monkey
04-05-2014, 13:30

and the Welsh :tiphat:

kingbaker
04-05-2014, 14:20
and the Welsh :tiphat:

Yep the Irish and the Londoners are fab, but the rest!!!:screwy::(:o

firemanfoz
04-05-2014, 14:25
I didn't realise that I would stir up such nationalistic fervour with my cabin staff observations

kingbaker
04-05-2014, 14:27
We're only gettin started!! :p:D:p

Malteser Monkey
04-05-2014, 14:32
I didn't realise that I would stir up such nationalistic fervour with my cabin staff observations

A what ? gotta keep it simples on 'ere :eyebrows:

Susief
04-05-2014, 14:53

We have travelled with RA about 3/4 times a year for the past 5 years and I have never come across a bad cabin crew on their flights.

firemanfoz
04-05-2014, 15:15
Me thinks I have a nibble

Susief
04-05-2014, 15:34
Me thinks I have a nibble

So is that why you posted that daft comment? So you could get a 'nibble' sad, really sad.

Malteser Monkey
04-05-2014, 15:40

Actually i am jumping in to his defense I have read the comment a few times and I can't see any implication about UK cabin - only him saying how polite the the Polish and Spanish 2 were. Let's not jump on another newbie here.:D

If he is out to get a nibble he can nibble my knuckle:nono::box:

firemanfoz
04-05-2014, 16:29
Whoops point taken.
Honest no offence meant just an observation.
Guess I'll keep my head down for a while

Malteser Monkey
04-05-2014, 16:40
Guess I'll keep my head down for a while

Ohh no you won't, no need for that !

Take it like a man ! :D

melm
04-05-2014, 19:45
Portuguese staff were very good on a recent Ryanair flight from Prestwick to Faro. Nice Scottish attendants on the way home.:tiphat:

kingbaker
04-05-2014, 19:57
You been at the sherry again Melm?:p:(

kingbaker
04-05-2014, 21:00
Portuguese staff were very good on a recent Ryanair flight from Prestwick to Faro. Nice Scottish attendants on the way home.:tiphat:

Did you share a wellington with one of them?:p:(:confused::p:(;)

Susief
05-05-2014, 00:06
Looks like the RA Christmas/New Year flights are back up on website.

green1960
05-05-2014, 14:30
Has anybody else had flight times changed by Ryanair. All the flights loaded for Winter 2014 for say Manchester, leave at 13.55 and return at 19.05 every day, that there is a flight, right through from November to March. Makes me wonder if some of these flight times may be changed. This is the case with several other airports.

Susief
05-05-2014, 15:31
In all the times we have travelled with RA have never had flight times changed.

Angusjim
05-05-2014, 15:37
In all the times we have travelled with RA have never had flight times changed.

Our flight 3/14/14 last year was changed from 6.40am our preferred time to fly, to 12.00noon :(

Susief
05-05-2014, 15:52
Our flight 3/14/14 last year was changed from 6.40am our preferred time to fly, to 12.00noon :(

Maybe we've been lucky then. Travelled 2/3 times a year for past 4/5 years.

green1960
05-05-2014, 15:52
I just think it is strange that all flights depart at the same time every day of the week they fly right through from November to March, and as far as I can see they have done this for all airports I have looked at. Definitely Manchester and East Midlands.

Susief
05-05-2014, 15:54
I just think it is strange that all flights depart at the same time every day of the week they fly right through from November to March, and as far as I can see they have done this for all airports I have looked at. Definitely Manchester and East Midlands.

I wouldn't worry too much though. They give you option to cancel if no good for you.

Chine
05-05-2014, 23:26
We had flight times changed from east mids last year, because the time change was over 2 hours difference we could claim a refund which we did and we rebooked to fly from bham which is closer for us as they had dropped the price the same day

tfs1
06-05-2014, 06:39
We had a flight time change on one ocassion which wasn't a problem to us. However, as the price of the 'new' flight had dropped significantly since our original booking I booked the new flight at the lower price and then got the full refund of the original booking - it doesn't happen too often but nice when you can 'work the system'.

green1960
12-05-2014, 19:50
Bristol and Bournemouth flights with Ryanair have now been loaded onto the system. Only Luton left now. I still feel that some flight times will be changed when all flights have been put on sale.

Susief
13-05-2014, 20:14
Just flew back with Uncle Micky's airline today.
The allocated seating is much better and we actually boarded in about 10-15 mins.
I paid the £15 for premium seating and well worth it. Includes PB too.
The hand baggage drop seemed to work really well at Manc but saw no evidence of it at Tenerife.
It also looks like PB don't get asked to surrender their bags.

candy2411
13-05-2014, 21:25
I was on the 6.25am flight to Manchester today as well......took off on time and arrived 20 mins early. I was a PB but was asked to surrender my bag to the hold?? was a little but put out but in all honesty worked out ok, particularly now you can take a second bag in the cabin. My initial annoyance disappeared completely when I had a whole 3 seat section to myself! Well done Ryanair, you're the best !

kingbaker
13-05-2014, 21:35
I read somewhere that tbe first 90 people are ok:p

Jollypolly
13-05-2014, 22:15
I am sure when I was printing my boarding card recently I read if you buy a seat you get priority
boarding and they guarantee your hand luggage goes in the cabin with you

tfs1
13-05-2014, 22:16
My initial annoyance disappeared completely when I had a whole 3 seat section to myself! Well done Ryanair, you're the best !

Well done Ryanair - another happy customer ! - Im keen to find the best rows to book etc, what seat/row did you select ?

kathml
13-05-2014, 22:20
Depends if you pay for your seat

tfs1
13-05-2014, 22:20
If you purchase premium seating you automatically get priority boarding and if you select standard seating you can pay a further £/€2 and get PB.

There are 51 premium seats available on each flight

fixer
13-05-2014, 22:30
I book row16

Susief
13-05-2014, 22:35
I was on the 6.25am flight to Manchester today as well......took off on time and arrived 20 mins early. I was a PB but was asked to surrender my bag to the hold?? was a little but put out but in all honesty worked out ok, particularly now you can take a second bag in the cabin. My initial annoyance disappeared completely when I had a whole 3 seat section to myself! Well done Ryanair, you're the best !

Oh wish I'd have known would have said hello. I shared 3 seats on row 16 with a gentleman. Wasn't overly full today.
I prepared my cabin bag ready to put in hold but never asked me. I had a small bag with my passport etc in.
Just need some cheap seats coming up for end Aug/early Sept.
I notice that Liverpool are reducing their flights too?

candy2411
13-05-2014, 22:39
I paid for a regular seat as I like an aisle seat, and also paid for PB.When I pointed this out to the staff member checking boarding cards,when she put the 'free bag' yellow sticker on my small trolley bag, she either didn't speak any English or chose not to give me an answer, just a shrug of the shoulder! I booked row 30 as I like to sit at the rear of the plane, and in case anyone thinks I arrived late ,no I didn't, it seemed they were not even operating a Priority boarding queue, and for the first time ever, I didn't see anyone be requested to put their bag in the luggage check metal thingy! It was obviously first flight out of the day and they just seemed more anxious than usual to get everyone boarded quickly.

Susief
13-05-2014, 23:09
I noticed that on flight out last week. No putting cases in cage, could of made a fortune.
I was fairly near front of PB queue but people from other Q were mixed in. Didn't bother me really as knew already where seats were. They did get that flight out quickly though, cabin staff didn't arrive until well after 6am.

tfs1
14-05-2014, 20:01
Bristol and Bournemouth flights with Ryanair have now been loaded onto the system. Only Luton left now. I still feel that some flight times will be changed when all flights have been put on sale.

Green1960 - I see that you get a mention on this weeks Martins (Lewis) Money Tips weekly email !

green1960
14-05-2014, 20:44
Green1960 - I see that you get a mention on this weeks Martins (Lewis) Money Tips weekly email !

I know just seen it how embarrassing, looked at the flights that were booked and now it is more expensive to book flexiflights than normal flights. So it looks like there are only so many flexiflights on sale that are reasonably priced.

Winter Ryanair flights have been withdrawn from the website again. Just hope they do not change flight times.

tfs1
14-05-2014, 21:16
Winter Ryanair flights have been withdrawn from the website again. Just hope they do not change flight times.

Once again our November Tenerife to mainland Spain flights we have already booked have gone from the website. Fingers crossed they do not make changes as we have made ongoing plans.

green1960
17-06-2014, 08:23
Good question.

I have just booked Easyjet flights for our family from TFS to the UK (in Euros) and using my HSBC Debit card the fees were an unbelieveable £53 on a near £2k booking, Easyjet would have been around £40 if I had selected payment by credit card.

Good question.

I have just booked Easyjet flights for our family from TFS to the UK in Euros and using my HSBC Debit card the fees were an unbelieveable £53 on a near £2k booking (for 9 people), Easyjet would have been around £40 if I had selected payment by credit card.

Just thought this might help for the future. I do not like paying in Euros either, Halifax charge £1.50 per transaction, and use their exchange rate. If you go on skyscanner, choose an Easyjet flight, when they transfer you to the websiite, they charge you in £s.

Ecky Thump
17-06-2014, 08:31
I book row16

Row 16 middle and isle seats are always our first choice and quite often no one has booked the window seat, also on landing we never stand and take down our bags until the other passengers are leaving the plane, why stand for ten minutes when you join them at baggage reclaim???

kingbaker
17-06-2014, 09:08
Row 16 middle and isle seats are always our first choice and quite often no one has booked the window seat, also on landing we never stand and take down our bags until the other passengers are leaving the plane, why stand for ten minutes when you join them at baggage reclaim???

You need to go commando (hand luggage only)

It's the only way to travel and if you try it, you'll never go back. :D:p:p:D

Ecky Thump
17-06-2014, 09:16
You need to go commando

It's the only way to travel and if you try it, you'll never go back. :D:p:p:D

I would be surprised if that there would be anybody on the plane if I went "Commando"

Not a pretty sight for the ladies.....or men! :D

kingbaker
23-06-2014, 23:34
Ah!! but with my body, I only need an open neck shirt and jeans. :p:(:(:p

kingbaker
25-06-2014, 00:10
Much more delays tomorow with the French and Belgian ATC dispute.....check yer websites. :D:p;)
:(:D:p;)

kingbaker
25-06-2014, 08:06
Many more cancellations today, need to check with airlines. ;)

http://www.aviationreg.ie/news/french-atc-strike-causing-flight-disruptions.662.html

This is what the Irish Aviation Regulation body says.
And while it is Irish, these things are worked at EU level, because of Equality Directives.

essexeddie
25-06-2014, 18:05
Ryanscare are the only airline that are cancelling their flights. Easyjet are just 50 min delay. I shall never use them.

kingbaker
25-06-2014, 18:06
French ATC strike is now over (6pm).;):)

essexeddie
25-06-2014, 18:13
Until the next time ;)

kingbaker
25-06-2014, 18:51
Ryanscare are the only airline that are cancelling their flights. Easyjet are just 50 min delay. I shall never use them.

Ryanair is multiple times the size of Easyjet. Why would they change thousands of flights, when they can just cancel the French ones. :p:p

delderek
25-06-2014, 19:44
Ryanair is multiple times the size of Easyjet. Why would they change thousands of flights, when they can just cancel the French ones. :p:p

Depends which figures you go by but for 2013

Ryanair income 4.325 million
Easyjet income 4.258 million

So multiple times the size of Easyjet?

kingbaker
25-06-2014, 20:27
I didn't know that they were that close. Where did you get the turn over fr?

delderek
25-06-2014, 22:13
I didn't know that they were that close. Where did you get the turn over fr?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EasyJet

same site Ryanair.

kingbaker
26-06-2014, 13:53
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EasyJet

same site Ryanair.

Unfortunately Wiki is not a site known for its accuracy.

However I did hear a bit of an interview with the Marketing Manager of Ryanair on

http://www.newstalk.ie/player/listen_back/13240/10878/26th_June_2014_-_The_Pat_Kenny_Show_Part_2

The reason given was ''The French authorities wanted Ryanair to cut flights by 30% but ryanair agreed to only cut by 25%''

Hope this helps!! :wink::wink::wink:

TOTO 99
26-06-2014, 14:23
Are you suggesting th marketing manager of Ryanair is known for his accuracy KB?...:whistle:

kingbaker
26-06-2014, 14:48
Of course!!:D

essexeddie
26-06-2014, 17:46
If thats the way they treat their customers then it wont be long before Easyjet overtakes them, and who can wonder. I bet they have lost quite a few customers as of late. I know a few:)

Depends which figures you go by but for 2013

Ryanair income 4.325 million
Easyjet income 4.258 million

So multiple times the size of Easyjet?

Oooops!

kathml
26-06-2014, 18:19
Wikipedia is not a reliable source for anything either facts or figures

And the reasons for cancelation of flights are far more complex than appears on the surface it's also an attempt to have planes in correct position post strike

tfs1
26-06-2014, 20:35
In 2013 Ryanair carried 81m passengers - easyJet carried 61m in the same year.

So for around the same annual income Ryanair carried 30% more than easyjet - does this make Ryanair 30% cheaper to fly with than their lowcost rival ?

macdonald5
02-07-2014, 19:21
What is the future at Prestwick for Ryanair?
To be honest ,Glasgow International is more suitable to us but if Ryanair move to Glasgow International what will become of Prestwick ? Ryanair is only operator from Prestwick ( Ayrshire) If I remember correctly

kingbaker
02-07-2014, 21:54
I haven't heard anything about this. ;):confused:

macdonald5
02-07-2014, 22:01
I haven't heard anything about this. ;):confused:

Was on tonights Scottish news KB ,is mixed message at minute
£10 million investment was promised days ago now this bombshell
Can freight cargo keep airport open and current staff employed ?

kingbaker
02-07-2014, 22:05
May be a bargaining tool, trying to get reduction in charges. Fingers crossed. :p

macdonald5
02-07-2014, 22:08
May be a bargaining tool, trying to get reduction in charges. Fingers crossed. :p

Yes, anything possible Announcement to be made by Ryanair tomorrow

kingbaker
02-07-2014, 22:39
Yes, anything possible Announcement to be made by Ryanair tomorrow

I seem to remember at one stage Ryanair were going to pull out of TF, but they got the deal they wanted. :p

Susief
03-07-2014, 05:47
I seem to remember at one stage Ryanair were going to pull out of TF, but they got the deal they wanted. :p

They now have a hub in Tenerife. Didn't the Canary Govt give them incentives? I for one are glad they stayed, keep fares stable.

kingbaker
03-07-2014, 06:17
Yes I think that at another time RA were going to pull out of Lanzarote and Fuereventura. I think it was a ploy, as they hadn't got the promised investment.;)
;);):)

junglejim
03-07-2014, 08:04
I stay 10 mins from Prestwick , airport has had little investment over decades and with many airlines pulling out to go to overcrowded Glasgow and Edinburgh it is putting even more pressure on them .
Fog free, direct rail, motorway link and lots of expansion space , it seems crazy to allow this airport to die - don't think the Americans would be too happy as it is/was a major stopping off for their planes on way to Middle East/Africa and other areas .
Let's see what the statement says later today!

The Prestwick - Tenerife flights will continue to operate over the winter , Dublin and other East European flights will move to Glasgow .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-28132683