PDA

View Full Version : What is the current situation regarding smoking in bars and restaurants in Tenerife?

LindaD
30-05-2011, 21:05
This subject has probably been done to death but just wondered what the current situation is in Tenerife regarding smoking in bars in Tenerife.
I noticed that every bar/restaurant we were in on our recent holiday people were lighting up before, during and after meals etc. As a non smoker I generally don't mind as long as the smoke is blown away, but there were some who didn't bother and I hate to admit it, but were generally folk from the U.K. who insisted on puffing away like it was going out of fashion.

Harmonicaman
30-05-2011, 21:06
They have to go outside now Linda. And the publican will enforce it as he will be liable for a massive fine if he doesn't!

LindaD
30-05-2011, 21:14
They have to go outside now Linda. And the publican will enforce it as he will be liable for a massive fine if he doesn't!
Thanks HM - we were sitting usually on the outside part of the restaurant so I take it that's ok. I would say at times though it was sort of "borderline", neither inside or out if you know what I mean as some bars have a large canopy for some of the tables whilst others are on the patio area.

Marjan Howard
04-06-2011, 23:29
It is all changed this year, you can not smoke inside anywhere anymore. Outside you can smoke but there are also rules for that, you can not smoke under the sunblinds if they are closed on the either sides by blinds, windows or walls, that is classified as inside. Under parasols it is alloud on an open terrace, if terrace is closed around with glass and there is not enough open air because there is a sunblind over the terrace in one piece you can not smoke. They come and check from the gouverment and a official document is given if the environment is or okay for smoking or not.

Loaded
05-06-2011, 17:30
To be honest it seems to have worked no probs at all, I haven't seen anyone being a plonker about the ban and refusing to leave premises