PDA

View Full Version : Other I need a new PC, should I buy it in Tenerife or in UK?

rosemary
18-01-2014, 14:04
My current PC is one I bought in Spain from an English IT Guru. He installed the new Windows for me and transferred all my old stuff to the new PC.

Anyone know of a similar Guru I can buy a new PC from here, preferably in south?

Would I be better off buying a new one in the UK?

Jollypolly
18-01-2014, 14:44
My current PC is one I bought in Spain from an English IT Guru. He installed the new Windows for me and transferred all my old stuff to the new PC.

Anyone know of a similar Guru I can buy a new PC from here, preferably in south?

Try Steph at Witzend Callao Salvaje. Good Guy.

deepdivejunkie
18-01-2014, 14:57
Kriplus Hypermedia in Las Chafiras will build PC's to spec, and will install the operating system in English if asked.

Malteser Monkey
18-01-2014, 15:28
Isn't TenerifeTeddy a computer Chappie - I'm sure it's them that have a shop
MrsTT

ooops yes just checked there profiles and their shop is Witzend in CS

Is that upper CS or lower

LUCKY ?

warbey
18-01-2014, 21:32
MrsTT

LUCKY ?

Hmmmmmmm............................dear..;);)

x

LUCKY
18-01-2014, 22:02
Hmmmmmmm............................dear..;);)

x

When i was in Calloa. My goodness feels like a song coming on ( possibly beach boys) i had the good fortune to meet Steph What a great guy, he knows is stuff and is genuine guy, :flatcap:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

MrsTT

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .......

:flatcap::flatcap:................................ ........

LUCKY ?

.................................................. ..............................

emmasz
18-01-2014, 22:24
Hello everybody,

I am new so please forgive me if i dont post this coorectly first time.

I had my kindle stolen last night outside taboos at sanblas. I would like to know where i can buy a new one in tenerife?

Thankyou

serial number for kindle stolen should anybody be offered it for sale, kindle fire hd 7inch with a purple leather case

D025A0A0244222SX

rosemary
18-01-2014, 22:36
Hi Emmasz Welcome and rotten luck for you! Curses on :twak: them!!!

I bought mine in the UK cos of the registration if I remember. Just buy an adapter for the plug. Buy it on Amazon.co.uk. It died on me a week ago after 2 years. I shan't buy a new one til I see if I miss it.

lynnangela
18-01-2014, 23:22
Hello everybody,

I had my kindle stolen last night outside taboos at sanblas. I would like to know where i can buy a new one in tenerife?

Thankyou

serial number for kindle stolen should anybody be offered it for sale, kindle fire hd 7inch with a purple leather case

D025A0A0244222SX
Amazon will deliver to Tenerife so you could get one delivered here. Bad luck about getting it stolen. Last night outside Taboos my son rescued 2 ladies from having their handbags snatched, this was very late after closing time but I wonder if it was the same culprits

9PLUS
18-01-2014, 23:24

Any specialized computer shop would be able to do such an easy task.

emmasz
19-01-2014, 11:16
Thanks for the reply, it was late as I was waiting to get a taxi, that is when it happened, he just run straight past and snatched it, I managed to get a good look at his face though so would definitely recognize them again, and yes it seems like they were targeting people outside taboos.

Amazon will deliver to Tenerife so you could get one delivered here. Bad luck about getting it stolen. Last night outside Taboos my son rescued 2 ladies from having their handbags snatched, this was very late after closing time but I wonder if it was the same culprits

languagefan
19-01-2014, 11:37
Worten (Adeje) has massive reductions on PCs, laptops and tablets at the moment. I bought an ipad recently and my friend bought a Samsung galaxy, and the prices were significantly cheaper than all we browsed online and thru UK websites.

rosemary
19-01-2014, 11:39
Yeah it's tempting but I always go for the service and the after service when I buy anything electrical!

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks for the reply, it was late as I was waiting to get a taxi, that is when it happened, he just run straight past and snatched it, I managed to get a good look at his face though so would definitely recognize them again, and yes it seems like they were targeting people outside taboos.

I do hope you went to the Police and gave full description. Also Taboo manager must put up a warning notice in his Bar.

languagefan
19-01-2014, 11:42
Go to policia nacional in las Americas with your information and ask them for help with cyber police. They have people who can track down your kindle as soon as it is used. Be ready to show them a sample email that u sent out of ur kindle so they can get all ur ip details. Good luck.
Hello everybody,

Thankyou

D025A0A0244222SX

warbey
19-01-2014, 20:44

rosemary. I thought the Canaries are a Tax Free group of Islands.

If so, there must be cheaper Deals over there.

(or is it not quite that simple.?)

bonitatime
19-01-2014, 21:33
I would reccommend Stef at Witzend

timmylish
20-01-2014, 04:55

rosemary. I thought the Canaries are a Tax Free group of Islands.

If so, there must be cheaper Deals over there.

(or is it not quite that simple.?)

Many many years ago tourists could walk into any number of shops and buy genuine tax "free" (its wasn,t really but) much cheaper than UK electrical and photographic goods! However with the advent explosion of IT these little shoppie people saw an opportunity to do a killing and basically charge the same price as elsewhere. Now the fact that the Asian guy at Las Chafiras can undercut the major store next door and similarly undercut the prices of his country folk in LC and PDLA rather confirm my opinion that prices could be much cheaper here if the owners were honest. (Could that be taken to suggest that they are not?)

warbey
20-01-2014, 21:46
Many many years ago tourists could walk into any number of shops and buy genuine tax "free" (its wasn,t really but) much cheaper than UK electrical and photographic goods! However with the advent explosion of IT these little shoppie people saw an opportunity to do a killing and basically charge the same price as elsewhere. Now the fact that the Asian guy at Las Chafiras can undercut the major store next door and similarly undercut the prices of his country folk in LC and PDLA rather confirm my opinion that prices could be much cheaper here if the owners were honest. (Could that be taken to suggest that they are not?)

Thats wot I thought maybe the Case.

Thanks Timmy.

rosemary
20-01-2014, 23:30

I agree. They know what the market will accept!

9PLUS
21-01-2014, 08:56

There are genuine reasons why the electronics business prices have come into line with the UK, Between the Government and Importer/manufacturer used to guarantee a shop owner a minimum of 33% profit margin on electronics, computers included. That deal is no longer in place. Some computers come in with only a 10% margin.

Why Asian guy can undercut is for a number of reasons, one being they purchase using fluctuations in the exchange rates and buy from wherever is cheaper, this in a lot of the "cheaper shops" can affect European guarantees.

warbey
21-01-2014, 19:19
There are genuine reasons why the electronics business prices have come into line with the UK, Between the Government and Importer/manufacturer used to guarantee a shop owner a minimum of 33% profit margin on electronics, computers included. That deal is no longer in place. Some computers come in with only a 10% margin.

Why Asian guy can undercut is for a number of reasons, one being they purchase using fluctuations in the exchange rates and buy from wherever is cheaper, this in a lot of the "cheaper shops" can affect European guarantees.

I suspect a further complication is that the Canarias are not part of the E.U.

so this must still affect buying in......as against the Peninsula.

Mia
21-01-2014, 23:07
The Canary Islands are part of the E.U.

rosemary
22-01-2014, 11:16
Thankyou Mia I was worried there for a bit. Not that it makes a huge amount of difference. The Canarians do their own thing anyway.

canarybird
22-01-2014, 14:14
But the Canary Islands have a special fiscal status, being outside the EU VAT area.

timmylish
25-01-2014, 04:13
But the Canary Islands have a special fiscal status, being outside the EU VAT area.

And it is for that very reason that "Duty Free" shops should price their goods cheaper than in the rest of the EU! They buy the goods exempted from VAT.
Bottom line is and always will be with these Asian shopkeepers is that that they will take every opportunity to stuff the customer. Sad but true.