PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork Where can I find a certified Spanish translator in South of Tenerife?

Alicia79
22-01-2014, 14:02
Hi everyone,

I need to have my Birth certificate translated from English to Spanish. Does anyone know of a good certified translator, prefferably around Costa Adeje? If you can give me the person's e-mail address as well, that would be very helpful.
Thanks!

deepdivejunkie
22-01-2014, 15:35
There are only so many "sworn translators" on the Island able to offically do this. Have PM'd you the name and number of the one we used 5 years ago when getting married. She did it in her own time and asked half the price of others. She lives in Santa Cruz, but did travel to the south once a week. And she does speak English

primrose
22-01-2014, 15:58
Hi everyone,

I need to have my Birth certificate translated from English to Spanish. Does anyone know of a good certified translator, prefferably around Costa Adeje? If you can give me the person's e-mail address as well, that would be very helpful.
Thanks!

Have a look at this Web Site, English Solicitors and they do that type of thing.http://www.tenerifesolicitors.com/

amanda
22-01-2014, 16:18
English consulate will do the translation, than official

Alicia79
24-01-2014, 14:44
Thank you all for your help!

languagefan
24-01-2014, 15:45
Hello,
I had to translate many documents (SWORN/jurada) and approached some local translators who were either unprofessional, or not SWORN but claimed to be (there may be some good local ones but I didn't find any).
I emailed more than 20 different websites across Spain and got quotes as I had tons of documents that needed translation and found this one to be the most professional, precise, and inexpensive (in mainland Spain):

I sent them the scanned documents and they sent me the draft translations before issuance of the formal docs. I then confirmed their drafts and rcvd the sealed and certified sworn documents in post within 3 days.
Good luck

deepdivejunkie
24-01-2014, 15:56
A sworn translator will translate from a scan or photocopy, but will ask to see the original before handing over the translation. They are confirming the original is genuine as their translation is a legal document.

5 years ago there were no more than 10 or 12 Sworn translators on Tenerife. I have a list giving all at that time.

languagefan
24-01-2014, 16:02
Not necessarily, I received my translations only by sending them scanned copies and didn't have to send them the originals. I got translations this way with several translators before without a problem.
A sworn translator will translate from a scan or photocopy, but will ask to see the original before handing over the translation. They are confirming the original is genuine as their translation is a legal document.

5 years ago there were no more than 10 or 12 Sworn translators on Tenerife. I have a list giving all at that time.

deepdivejunkie
24-01-2014, 16:08
languagefan

Maybe things have changed since 5 years ago. But thats what the translator I used told me because scans or photocopies can be altered. It is their responsiblilty to ensure that their translation matches the original.

languagefan
24-01-2014, 16:17
Yes, I assume things have changed drastically during last 5 years. A friend of mine was bought a few properties recently from another country and everything was remote-managed electronically thru scanned docs and signatures (deposit, prepayments, preliminary agreements etc) and only the last lump sum payment and signing the deeds happened in person in the notary.
languagefan

Maybe things have changed since 5 years ago. But thats what the translator I used told me because scans or photocopies can be altered. It is their responsiblilty to ensure that their translation matches the original.

SwornTranslator
05-03-2014, 16:18
Hi there,

Im an official sworn translator. If you need to translate any of your documents, please don't hesitate to contact me. This is my website: www.traduccionesjuradastenerife.com

Kind regards